New pixel signature - freaky clown

terley

clownxr6.png

For PJ weekly challenge, had to stick to C64 palette so this was mostly about trying to get what I could out of the colours provided. The topic was clowns so I thought it'd be quite funky to come up with a new character that wouldn't be mistaken for the Joker. There's something just kinda creepy about a clown in a smart suit, plus the idea is him knocking on your door, Im thinking he's like turned up for a kids party or something.

Here's the palette if anyone wants to have a go.

c64palLine.png

Any comments or crits welcome, like 16 hours left till deadlines over so if there's anything i've not spotted thats a major or minor problem please let me know ::' .

Oh and could do with your votes after today :P I've never won before. Just take a visit to pixeljoint.

thx.

vistame09copyhr8.png

yeah where have all the pixelers gone? I started pixelling here years ago and since it's almost totally detiorated :( bad times.

It's kind of dead period here man. A lot of new people.

I love the pixel though. I'm guessing that C64 = Commodore 64? It certainly does remind me of the classics, the dithering is wonderful.

Awesome as always :D I love how it has that sort of video game look. Is this the only work you've done since you've left or are you holding back on us? D:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

well im in university atm studying animation so a lot of what I do these days is within a learning curve towards becoming an animator, getting to grips with motion and character designs, also written a lot of scripts. So any illustration has been simple concept work as of yet, in all honesty im still learning so im not 100% happy with what i've produced so far, don't really want to post my animation experiments to the public because it's raw and mostly unfinished work but Im certainly not going anywhere guys. Just rather keep myself outta my comfort zone for now. ::'

thx for the nice comments.

vistame09copyhr8.png

well im in university atm studying animation so a lot of what I do these days is within a learning curve towards becoming an animator, getting to grips with motion and character designs, also written a lot of scripts. So any illustration has been simple concept work as of yet, in all honesty im still learning so im not 100% happy with what i've produced so far, don't really want to post my animation experiments to the public because it's raw and mostly unfinished work but Im certainly not going anywhere guys. Just rather keep myself outta my comfort zone for now. ::'

thx for the nice comments.

You should totally animate an old school 8 bit pixel Terley.

Speaking of animation, I'm probably going to get my hands on learning 3D animation (at least the basics) this semester in my 3D design class. I know what you mean about not wanting to post stuff though, I don't think I'd want to post what I do for school (yet) until I get better at some of these newer things too. :P

I actually did a 1 minute music video all in pixel art for my 1st year final project, looking back it's not that bad.. Parts are still un-animated, well in animatic state (a step after initial story board put into the timeframe) and there's a lot of faults but when I get around to finishing it i'd totally consider maybe showin you guys :lol: .

used arne's palette in my animation. (a pixel artist on wayofthepixel)

arnespalettehw9.png

another great palette if anyone wants to have a do.

(edit) ah screw it, here's a screen-shot of a frame. Individual pixel art in this isn't too great sticking to a short deadline and all, but its the animation that counts. :oops:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6626/screeniebj7.png

vistame09copyhr8.png

Terely

My old pal, nice to see something new from you!

But jeez, that clown is far to creepy lol.

I love the basic colours but the amazing detail, you did an epic job on the suit creases and the hair.

Plus the teeth, wicked work.

Anyways, nice seeing you ter.

Cheers!

bestsigcopy.jpg

Rip. Archer3 and runescape

Achieved 99 Hitpoints At 8:36PM June-05-09

Achieved 99 Strength At 12:17AM March-08-09

Achieved 99 Attack At 3:57PM April-24-?09

Achieved 99 Firemaking At 5:41PM September-17-08