RuneScape: console version?

RosesFire

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

It would probably be easier to port over to PS3 due to the fact it isn't Windows like.

I have no idea what is inside the wii so I can't say how well it may or may not possibly work. One of the biggest factors i think would be hardware.

I don't see them really trying to go with just one console. Maybe not all of them though. I would bet my RS bank if it was just one, it would be with Sony.

Edit: And those sales figures look nice till you stop and think about how much later the PS3 came out than did the 360! Think about it. So if you really want to get down to it, PS3 is now outselling 360.

Regardless of who they choose, I am pretty sure the Sony camp would be a lot easier to work with than the MS camp would be too.

This nonsense can go on forever too. I think this is a good time to say we can agree to disagree.

in4F.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would probably be easier to port over to PS3 due to the fact it isn't Windows like.

I have no idea what is inside the wii so I can't say how well it may or may not possibly work. One of the biggest factors i think would be hardware.

I don't see them really trying to go with just one console. Maybe not all of them though. I would bet my RS bank if it was just one, it would be with Sony.

In the questions & answers with the NEW Ceo he specifically stated they are looking into making a console version but which ONE is a secret.

So they are only doing 1 for now and tbh windows-like is a big bonus for porting ease.

Since current rs runs on windows among other operating systems, a base console system (eg xbox) that shares alot in common with windows is going to require less code alateration to port over.

Personally I highly expect it to be the Wii they use.

Many other point & click games have ported onto the wii already and the sole heart concept of the wii is it is online, the same as rs is.

Also the hardcore gamer bases of ps and xbox would be more likely to degrade the game and give it a bad rep, plus wii is far more widely owned than the other 2.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Windows is exactly what makes it a big failure for porting. I edited in my last post we can agree to disagree though. I don't want to turn this into a technical discussion over crap like that.

Regardless, I am excited to see what becomes of it!

The fact MS thrives on being so proprietary is what I am talking about. Now while Sony may be proprietary too, they are a company that is going to be more likely to let someone get in there and look at the nuts and bolts of the code as opposed to MS. And I really wouldn't go trusting the MS camp with my code either. Bad things happen when MS gets their hands on other peoples stuff.

If it goes to wii I probably won't be playing RuneScape on the console platform. Just not a console I am even remotely interested in. And I sure wouldn't buy it just to play when I can already play on my computer. I have no intentions of buying a PS3 either. If RuneScape did come out with it on PS3 I would buy a PS3 though. It would push me to do so, because I know I would be willing to buy other games to play on the console.

It is a pretty hypothetical question and one that probably can't really be answered. But I wonder how many people are like me on that stance?

Edit: While I think the whole idea of it being on console platform is pretty cool. I agree with you on it degrading the game. I think it is best for everyone involved, except for maybe Jagex and whoever they would be in business with on this venture, if this just got swept under the rug and forgotten about.

One last thing and I am through with this. The bad thing about MS customers is they really don't know how bad they are being done. They just don't know any better or any different.

in4F.gif

Q) John Snake - Is there any way to play RuneScape on the ps3, or are there any plans to make a version for that and other systems that would allow you to connect to and play RuneScape on ps3 or other game systems?

A) We are currently looking at consoles, exactly which ones IS unfortunately a secret :)

Quick find code: 13-14-613-58401007

I am not here to debate MS. Playstation is the better choice capabilities wise and it is not twice as much. It is one hundred dollars more.

If we wanted to debate MS I could tell you tons of things that are wrong with the MS camp. And yes, I would quit playing RuneScape altogether if they only made it availiable on the Xbox platform. This is about RS on console, not to debate the merits of the MS camp.

Xbox 360- $200

Playstation-$400

400/200 = 2

Twice as much

Info taken from:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Systems/80gb.html

Those are the two cheapest currently produced models of the Xbox360 and Playstation 3.

Big_Stingman.png

I am not here to debate MS. Playstation is the better choice capabilities wise and it is not twice as much. It is one hundred dollars more.

If we wanted to debate MS I could tell you tons of things that are wrong with the MS camp. And yes, I would quit playing RuneScape altogether if they only made it availiable on the Xbox platform. This is about RS on console, not to debate the merits of the MS camp.

Xbox 360- $200

Playstation-$400

400/200 = 2

Twice as much

Info taken from:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Systems/80gb.html

Those are the two cheapest currently produced models of the Xbox360 and Playstation 3.

Yea but if you add things like online service, wi-fi and hard drive space (to equal ps3) the 360 ends up costing more then the ps3.

on topic: Well if its one console i wish it would be the PS3 but it would be really cool if runescape could be on the Wii.. just as long as the controls aren't messed up :P .

99 Hunter - November 1st, 2008

99 Cooking -July 22nd, 2009

99 Firemaking - July 29th, 2010

99 Fletching - December 30th, 2010

Personally, I think (and hope) that Runescape would come to the Wii if any at all. The Wii is a cheap and popular console. I've read that it is much easier and cheaper to make games than any other console (especially the PS3). Also, why would they create the game to a console who only has an installed user base of just over 21 Million. It makes more sense to create it for the console with the most users. Also, the Wii Remote is the closest thing to a mouse. It just makes more sense to me....Plus, the Wii has a more varied audience. Didn't yesterday MMG say that they want Runescape to appeal to an audience of 18-80 year olds?

As in the 360, this game would have to be completely online right? To go online on the 360, don't you need XBox Live? I don't know, on account I don't have one, but if so, wouldn't you have to pay for the subscription of Live and RS membership? :?

The only problem I see would be hardware. Would it be able to render that many players and animations at once? How would it be for say the GE? I realize our players don't make many motions in the game except when we move and do things, but how would it handle it? I don't know system facts very much, nor do I know specifications, but I'd have to wonder that.

Either way, I think Runescape on consoles would be a neat idea. But I'd still prefer to be on the computer with a mouse and keyboard handy, being able to surf the internet at the same time.

1icyna.png

Q) John Snake - Is there any way to play RuneScape on the ps3, or are there any plans to make a version for that and other systems that would allow you to connect to and play RuneScape on ps3 or other game systems?

A) We are currently looking at consoles, exactly which ones IS unfortunately a secret :)

Taken from the questions sent to the CEO.

So it is on the way, it would seem.

crash_jordan.png

@Iamamonkey: You are unbiased but you hate Microsoft and love Sony? There is something wrong with that... :roll:

OT:Who cares how ugly and slow (I have really bad Wi-fi) RS would be for me on the Wii, you could point at the screen with the remote! Also who cares about the price of the system, what does that have to do with RS on consoles? The price of the console won't determine the sales if they do come out with it.

Admiral_Caro.png

This has come up several times. Everytime I have replied the same thing, and I will now do it again. It sure would be cool, but it will never happen. I would also love to play RS on my Wii, but it won't happen. Sorry.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak