Raising Magic Without Alching

whatisup618

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Are there any good ways to my magic lvl from 80-82(85) without alching and not having it be too too expensive.

I mean I can only do a couple 100 alchs before I basically fall asleep at the keyboard. :D

The only thing I ask is for a slightly detailed description.

Thanks

~Whatisup618

Whatisup618.png

whatisup618.png

Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape As Of 4/29/08

Unfortunately, I can't tell what your budget looks like, as "inexpensive" is fairly ambiguous. So, if you can give me an estimate of how much you'd be willing to spend on this, I should be able to provide a more fitting answer. In the meantime, I'll tell you about the relatively cheap and incredibly fast method I used to reach 99 Magic.

The spell I used is called "String Jewellery." It is a Lunar spell, so you might have to do a bit of questing to unlock it if you haven't done so already. "String Jewellery" requires level 80 Magic, two Astral Runes, ten Earth Runes, five Water Runes, and some form of unstrung Amulet. Every cast provides 83 Magic experience and strings one previously unstrung Amulet. "String Jewellery" is arguably the most efficient form of Magic training (i.e. while it may not be quite as fast as bursting/barraging rock lobsters, it is considerably cheaper). Experience rates for "String Jewellery" can easily exceed 100,000 experience/hour and has the additional benefit of being almost entirely "AFK."

If you're interested in using this spell for training purposes, I'd suggest buying a Mystic Mud Staff (~50k gp) to eliminate the need for Earth and Water Runes. You'll also have to have access to either the Rogue released following the Summer's End Quest or another *friendly* player who will be willing to act as an intermediate between yourself and the Rogue.

The process in itself is simple enough ~

(1) Place an offer on the GX for as many *unstrung* Gold Amulets as you wish to use (I suggest the medium price).

(2) Place an offer on the GX for twice as many Astral Runes as Gold Amulets that you'll use (I suggest the medium or high price).

(3) Once the offers are filled, go to a Bank, withdraw the Astral Runes and Gold Amulets, and cast the spell (I suggest the PC Bank for its lack of random events).

(4) After every Amulet has been strung, sell them to either the Rogue or the friendly player to recoup the cost of the original, unstrung Amulets.

As matters of note, (a) both the strung and unstrung Gold Amulets are stable at the medium price of 210 gp each, (B) the Rogue buys gold jewellery at their medium GX prices (so, as long as you buy the unstrung Gold Amulets at the medium price, you won't lose any money on them), and © much like filling vials at a water pump--where one click will start the process of filling every vial--one cast of "String Jewellery" will start the process of stringing every Amulet, although its important to remember that the Runes for each cast will be consumed as the process proceeds.

In your case, training from level 80 to 85 Magic (a total of 1,272,526 experience) will require 15,332 casts of "String Jewellery" for a maximum net loss of 4,568,936 gp. 'Quite cheap for progressing from 80 to 85 Magic in a matter of ~10-12 hours. If you wish to cut back on costs, try to purchase Astral Runes for as little as possible (they are currently 135-149 gp each and have been falling gradually--the 4.6 million gp figure assumes that you'll be buying Astral Runes at the maximum price).

If you have any questions about this method, don't hesitate to PM me--this suggestion was all but thrown together, so I'm sure I've left something out or made some other mistake. 'Good luck with your Magic training.

Interested in helping the Tip.It Crew?

Check out our Website Updates & Corrections Board!

Fey_Wanderer.png

stunning is pretty fast and doesnt cost *too* much

alternatively, you could use fire blast on metal dragons. not exactly the quickest exp there is but u get hp exp and can make a decent amount if your lucky

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

alternatively, you could use fire blast on metal dragons. not exactly the quickest exp there is but u get hp exp and can make a decent amount if your lucky

How much xp an hour is that roughly?

¤ Macaw 1000 ¤

|99 Attack/Strength/HP|

macawsicecream.jpg This noob gave me Ice Cream... ©

buy a steam staff have lunar magics so you can cast humidify (don't know if you need dream mentor or not)

buy vials for max buy astrals med/max doesn't matter sell vial of water 1gp less than market price over 100gp profit per cast xp isnt as good as alching but cash is good as you fill 27 vials with 1 cast and vials being 10+ cheaper than astrals and astrals being 152 max? its a good profit i made 100k in a couple of minutes its not to bad xp wise but not great

Ieuanty.gif

ieuanty.png

drops worthy of note: karils top

slayer drops: 1 g maul 2 adamant boots

How much xp an hour is that roughly?

Fire wave for me was about 50k an hour, claws of guthix is about 60k an hour.

This is how I used to train magic some.

90.png

---------------------------- ';..;' ----------------------------

max.png

Slayer darting green dragons gives profit.

XP must be awful though.

I'd try maging aviansies.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

XP must be awful though.

Would i just go in there and prayer? but what would be some good equipment to use?

Yeah Pray

Best would probably be Dragon'hai robes with stole and arcane spirit shield or god robes

Just anything that gives good mage and prayer bonus at the same time would work though.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

1) MTA

2) Super plankmake

3) Super glassmake

4) String Amulet

5) Enchanting bolts

6) Fire Wave @ 100+ Pest Control using points on Magic

7) Superheating, mith for minimal loss, iron for best xp

Number 3 profits. Number 2 can break even, superheating mith is very little loss.

[hide=]

Unfortunately, I can't tell what your budget looks like, as "inexpensive" is fairly ambiguous. So, if you can give me an estimate of how much you'd be willing to spend on this, I should be able to provide a more fitting answer. In the meantime, I'll tell you about the relatively cheap and incredibly fast method I used to reach 99 Magic.

The spell I used is called "String Jewellery." It is a Lunar spell, so you might have to do a bit of questing to unlock it if you haven't done so already. "String Jewellery" requires level 80 Magic, two Astral Runes, ten Earth Runes, five Water Runes, and some form of unstrung Amulet. Every cast provides 83 Magic experience and strings one previously unstrung Amulet. "String Jewellery" is arguably the most efficient form of Magic training (i.e. while it may not be quite as fast as bursting/barraging rock lobsters, it is considerably cheaper). Experience rates for "String Jewellery" can easily exceed 100,000 experience/hour and has the additional benefit of being almost entirely "AFK."

If you're interested in using this spell for training purposes, I'd suggest buying a Mystic Mud Staff (~50k gp) to eliminate the need for Earth and Water Runes. You'll also have to have access to either the Rogue released following the Summer's End Quest or another *friendly* player who will be willing to act as an intermediate between yourself and the Rogue.

(1) Place an offer on the GX for as many *unstrung* Gold Amulets as you wish to use (I suggest the medium price).

(2) Place an offer on the GX for twice as many Astral Runes as Gold Amulets that you'll use (I suggest the medium or high price).

(3) Once the offers are filled, go to a Bank, withdraw the Astral Runes and Gold Amulets, and cast the spell (I suggest the PC Bank for its lack of random events).

(4) After every Amulet has been strung, sell them to either the Rogue or the friendly player to recoup the cost of the original, unstrung Amulets.

As matters of note, (a) both the strung and unstrung Gold Amulets are stable at the medium price of 210 gp each, (B) the Rogue buys gold jewellery at their medium GX prices (so, as long as you buy the unstrung Gold Amulets at the medium price, you won't lose any money on them), and © much like filling vials at a water pump--where one click will start the process of filling every vial--one cast of "String Jewellery" will start the process of stringing every Amulet, although its important to remember that the Runes for each cast will be consumed as the process proceeds.

In your case, training from level 80 to 85 Magic (a total of 1,272,526 experience) will require 15,332 casts of "String Jewellery" for a maximum net loss of 4,568,936 gp. 'Quite cheap for progressing from 80 to 85 Magic in a matter of ~10-12 hours. If you wish to cut back on costs, try to purchase Astral Runes for as little as possible (they are currently 135-149 gp each and have been falling gradually--the 4.6 million gp figure assumes that you'll be buying Astral Runes at the maximum price).

If you have any questions about this method, don't hesitate to PM me--this suggestion was all but thrown together, so I'm sure I've left something out or made some other mistake. 'Good luck with your Magic training.

[/hide]

I'm sorry but which Rogue are you referring to? I've got a lot of gold amulets sitting in my bank :D

M_A_R_T.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

I'm sorry but which Rogue are you referring to? I've got a lot of gold amulets sitting in my bank :D

After Summer's End you can free a Rouge in the Rouge's Castle (the CE one). He'll then appear SW of Varrock East Bank, in a house with anvils.

XP must be awful though.

Would i just go in there and prayer? but what would be some good equipment to use?

Yeah Pray

Best would probably be Dragon'hai robes with stole and arcane spirit shield or god robes

Just anything that gives good mage and prayer bonus at the same time would work though.

They can be tank-maged. Nezzy helm, barrows gloves, verac's top, granite shield, ahrim's robeskirt, and the rest mage gear gives like 180 range defence and 35 mage attack, which should be adequate.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall: