Construction Update Pack - Ideas (includes summoning)

caldius

~Introduction~

This topic is a display of idea's I have for a large update to the construction skill. It is designed to include many new items and rooms. It is currently a work in progress and I invite you to suggest any ideas that you think should be added please suggest them here. Feed back is more than welcome.

The Glade Level 47 Construction

The Glade is a new room for the POH that is devoted to the Summoning Skill. It serves 2 main purposes, the first is to put a summoning obelisk in your house so you can recharge your points conveiniently. The second task it performs is giving you somewhere to store all of your pets that you have amassed in your travels. The Glade requires level 47 construction and completion of the Wolf Whistle quest to build. Much like the Garden rooms it is an outdoor room (does not have walls or a roof). It has only a single entrance/ exit at the bottom of the room. Pets stored in The Glade will remain fully fed but will not grow at all during their storage time. Pets stored in The Glade will be able to freely wander around your house in much the same way as Servents do.

Hotspots

[hide=Obelisk]Location The middle of the room

Mini Obelisk 47 Construction

Materials 10 Limestone blocks, 50 summoning shards

Looks Like the same as mini obelisks found through out the world, colour glow slowly changes between all colours

Function - Recharges your summoning points to full

Obelisk 67 construction

Materials 3 Marble blocks, 500 summoning shards

Looks like the same as obelisks used for training summoning, the colour glow slowly changes between each colour

Function - Restores summoning points and can be used for infusing pouches and scrolls

Soul Rift 87 Construction

Materials 2 magic stone, 5000 summoning shards

Looks like 2 stone columns that spiral around each other with energy arcing between them

Function - Restores summoning points and can be used for infusing pouches and scrolls. Pouches will use ¼ fewer shards per pouch and 1 extra scroll will be generated.[/hide]

[hide=Roost]Location Top side

Perch 50 construction

Materials - 5 Maple logs

Looks Like A curvy tree trunk with several branches leading off it, no leaves

Function Allows the following pets to be stored Raven, Squirrel

Nesting Tree 57 construction

Materials 5 yew logs

Looks Like A large yew tree with several branches and full foliage

Function - Allows the following pets to be stored Raven, Phoenix egglings, Racoon, Squirrel

Grand Roost 65 construction

Materials 5 magic logs

Looks Like A massive magic tree with many branches, foliage and flowing magic energy cascading off it, around the base of its trunk are several moss covered boulders

Function allows the storage of the following pets - Raven, Phoenix egglings, Vulture, Monkey, Chameleon, Racoon, Squirrel[/hide]

[hide=Den]Location Left side

Sunning Rock 47 construction

Materials 5 limestone

Looks like A largish rock sticking out on a 30 degree angle

Function allows the storage of the following pets Dogs

Cave Network 60 construction

Materials 5 sandstone 10kg

Looks like A large rocky outcrop with several cave entrances in it

Function Allows the storage of the following pets Dogs, Soul Wars pets

The Krag 85 construction

Materials 10 granite 5kg

Looks like A mountainous peak with several cave entrances at its base and a large opening near its peak

Function allows the storage of the following pets dogs, Soul Wars pets, baby dragons[/hide]

[hide=Waterhole]Location Right side

The shallows 55 construction

Materials 5 buckets of water

Looks like a lake with several reeds growing along its bank

Function allows the storage of the following pets gecko, platypus, broav

Cascades 70 construction

Materials 5 limestone, 10 buckets of water

Looks like A Pile of rocks has a waterfall casacading out of it into a lake with lilys floating on the surface

Function allows the storage of the following pets - gecko, platypus, broav, penguin, giant crab[/hide]

[hide=Fence]Location around the sides of room

Rock wall 50 construction

Materials 10 limestone

Looks like jagged rocks jut out of the ground closing the room in, are of a similar style to the obelisks

Function aesthetic

Forest 60 construction

Materials 10 yew logs

Looks like a dense forest surround the room, looks similar to the dense forest found at soul wars

Function aesthetic

Canopy 70construction

Materials 10 magic logs

Looks like the same as forest except much larger and leaves extend over room covering it in a roof like fashion except for a circle above the obelisk.

Function - aesthetic[/hide]

Chapel

[hide=Biblos]Library 75 construction

Materials 5 mahogany planks

Location left corner behind altar

Looks like a tall slim corner book case

Function holy book, unholy book and book of balance can be stored here[/hide]

[hide=Perch] 67 construction

Materials 3 Teak Planks

Location right corner behind altar

Looks like A bird perch customised to the theme of your church

Function Allows the storage of God birds[/hide]

Garden and Formal garden

[hide=Butterfly] 60 construction + hunter level for butterfly

Materials one of the butterflys caught via hunter

Location the hotspot itself is just at the entrance however the butterfly will fly freely around the entire house

Function Butterflys provide the same stat boost that they do when used on other players however it may only be ued once every 24 hours[/hide]

Quest Hall

[hide=Jewelry Case]60 construction

Materials 3 teak planks, skill necklace (uncharged), combat bracelet (uncharged)

Looks like each piece of jewellery is displayed on a cushion side by side on a table

Function give access to each teleport location[/hide]

Skill Hall

[hide=Runecase]Ruse case 3 43 construction, 77 runecrafting, mourning end 2, lunar diplomacy, legacy of Seergaze

Materials - 2 teak planks, 2 molten glass; 1 each astral, law, death, and blood runes

Looks like same as other runecase except different runes

Function display

Rune case 4 43 construction, 23 runecrafting

Materials - Materials - 2 teak planks, 2 molten glass; 1 each mist, dust, mud, smoke, steam and lava runes

Looks like - Same as other runecases but with different runes

Function - display[/hide]

Portal Room

[hide=New Teleport Locations]Each Teleport Location requires 10 times it normal casting runes to set up. Locations from that require quests to access will require that quest to be complete in order to set it up. Both Trollheim and Ape Atoll teleports will display a warning pop up before you use them to inform of the dangers that lie outside of them. This warning can be turned off at the Doom sayer in lumbridge similar to other warnings.

Trollheim

Ape Atoll

Paddewa

Senntisten

Lassar

Moonclan

Khazard[/hide]

New Features

Dyed Cloth

Cloth bought from the saw mill starts as a defult white colour, It can now be dyed with any of the available dyes (red, blue, yellow, purple, green, orange, black and pink). Any items made with cloth will be the colour it is dyed. These include

-Rugs

-curtains

-beds

Other items requiring cloth are un affected by this.

Fur Rugs 40 construction

Materials 4 pieces of either polar kebbit, common kebbit, feldip weasel or desert devil fur

Location any rug hotspot

Looks like each fur gives the rug a unique pattern and colouration.

Caldius.png

I love this! I support nearly all of this.

The only ones that I must make note on, is the teleport room: The trollheim teleport was removed because people were being lured there with no safe way back. I'm assuming that none of the Ancient teles you have there are ones into the wildy. But Ape Atoll and Trollheim teleport portals should not exist (For the safety of the ignorant)

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

The only ones that I must make note on, is the teleport room: The trollheim teleport was removed because people were being lured there with no safe way back. I'm assuming that none of the Ancient teles you have there are ones into the wildy. But Ape Atoll and Trollheim teleport portals should not exist (For the safety of the ignorant)

~Dan

These teleports would have a warning message attached to them which could be turned on and off at the Doom sayer in lumbridge the same as any other warning message.

I'll edit the original post to make light of this.

Caldius.png

While we're on Construction... Farming itself hasn't had anything yet for Construction, other then bagging a few plants...

What I'm suggesting is a room where you can put both plants and trees in as well as animasl;

The Farm;

Along the right side;

An animal pen. Houses respawns of either 6 Chickens, 2 Cows, 3 Sheep and a Ram, or 4 Pigs and 2 piglets...

Each animal can be killed for it's respective drops, sheered for its wool, and all that. Pigs and Piglets drop Bones and Raw Pork (turns into Cooked Meat once cooked)

Upper left corner;

Fruit tree patch. Treat exactly the same as normal fruit tree patches.

Left and bottom side along the corner;

Allotment. Treat exactly the same as any other Allotment, except picking the vegetables is done like the Fruit Tree (up to 6 are stored and they regrow over time even when completely harvested)

Some more suggestions for Construction;

Tool Store lvl 6;

Contains a Bronze Axe and a Bronze Pickaxe

While we're at it... Can the Cooking guild please have a ladder down to a Brewing Vat much like the one found on Keldagrim and Port Phasmatys..?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=783991 <- more construction updates.

very nice ideas, altho im not sure if jagex is ready to put a full function obelisk in to your house yet.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

~Dan

people other than the house owner should not be allowed through portals, but instead greeted with a message kinda like ''you dont know where this portal leads, so you decide not to go through''

or you perhaps shouldnt be allowed through with items...

or the house owner can uild a return portal at the other side using house tele runes x10 and 5 limestone blocks. which would stay there at all times viewable the house owner only

or for trollheim tele in particular, you shouldnt be allowed without edgar's ruse and climbing boots

People who don't own the house shouldn't be allowed to use the third obelisk, due to it's huge benefits. If you try doing anything with it, a message comes up saying "You have no idea how this strange obelisk functions."

When you go feather dragon god, you never go back.

People who don't own the house shouldn't be allowed to use the third obelisk, due to it's huge benefits. If you try doing anything with it, a message comes up saying "You have no idea how this strange obelisk functions."

Good idea :thumbup:

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3