The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Demeige

Anyone ever go to it in their neighborhood? I usually go every Friday when it plays at 12PM with a group of 10 or so people and get dressed up in really skimpy stuff :o (fishnets, black lipstick, the works.) It's sort of a tradition between me and my friends and it has a deep feel to it. We have most of the words the cast says memorized. It's definitely a special time between me and my best pals because we can buy booze before the show and then go to Rocky and dance around 8) I strongly reccomend for everyone to find out if it plays in a theater near you.

Note: if anyone who hasn't seen it yet plans to do so some of the content isn't exactly suitable :o and I'll just say that. Also go with someone who isn't a "virgin." That's what the cast of Rocky calls you if you haven't seen it before :P If you go with someone who isn't a virgin you might get a nice once in a lifetime surprise event that only Rocky virgins can do :wink:

Here's the official site for some background info about how audience participation began and whatnot:

http://www.rockyhorror.com/

How does a profession differ from an occupation?

^ Nah, its because you're crazy. There are a ton of other ways to have fun rather than dressing up like a prostitute, getting drunk, and uh, doing it. Then posting about it on tip it. Fun? Don't think so.

signaturecj5.jpg

Huzzah for richard O'Brian bringing is Rocky Horror lol.

Pics Demeige... pics! :D ROFL.

Ive got the movie on DVD but ive never been to a live show. I just dont have the clothes/costume to go to one. Would be really cool tho but I dont think its showing near me right now.

Lol @ VOV's mum :D hehehe.

Theres so many great songs on there most people dont realise is from Rocky Horror. The Time Warp, Science Fiction/Double Feature, I Can Make You A Man. Hehe. yay

It's astounding

Time is fleeting

Madness takes its toll

But listen closely

Not for very much longer

I've got to keep control

I remember doing the Time Warp

Drinking those moments when

The blackness would hit me

And the void would be calling

Let's do the Time Warp again

It's just a jump to the left

Chorus

And then a step to the right

With your hands on your hips

Chorus

You bring your knees in tight

But it's the pelvic thrust

That really drives you insane

It's so dreamy

Oh, fantasy free me

So you can't see me

No, not at all

In another dimension

With voyeuristic intention

Well secluded, I see all

With a bit of a mind flip

You're into the time slip

And nothing can ever be the same

You're spaced out on sensation

Like you're under sedation

Chorus

Well I was walking down the street

Just a having a think

When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink

He shook-a me up, he took me by surprise

He had a pick up truck and the devil's eyes

He stared at me and I felt a change

Time meant nothing, never would again

It's just a jump to the left

Chorus

And then a step to the right

With your hands on your hips

Chorus

You bring your knees in tight

But it's the pelvic thrust

That really drives you insane

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Can somone explain it better, how I see it, its pointless. Maybe thats what it's supposed to be, but fill me in :?

Oh, you haven't lived. There's not many funner things in the world than having 2,000 people in a proscenium arch - standing up and shouting:

"Let's doooo the time warp agaaaain!"

Pelvic thrust - Booya!

t3h w00t!

*does time worp*

This is the BEST movie EVER!

You just don't understand :( People are too busy living in their world where they think everyone thinks that they are cool and liking this movie would ruin their reputation. Sigh. Unfortunatly it doesn't play in my town, but I've had a party at my house before, it was fun :D

I've heard about that awhile ago, didn't know it still went on. The person who told me about it said like for every line the audience did something, and they all brought like a bag of random things for parts of it. Like they'd throw the things in their bag like rice or whatever at certain lines. Sounds pretty fun if you're in the right mood for it.

Yah, it's been around since 1975 and since then the cast and crew sort of made lines in between what the characters say that is either bizarre or perverted but it's funny either way. About the throwing rice that happens when you buy a prop bag($2 only.) You get all sorts of nifty things from the movie that you use while it's playing just to get more into the mood.

t3h w00t!

*does time worp*

This is the BEST movie EVER!

You just don't understand :( People are too busy living in their world where they think everyone thinks that they are cool and liking this movie would ruin their reputation. Sigh. Unfortunatly it doesn't play in my town, but I've had a party at my house before, it was fun :D

you have to actually see it being performed live to get the real feel of it :wink:

Ahh yes its great fun.

Meatloaf would have to my favorite charector.

I drive to Atlanta every fri 13 and go, but my city now doesn't participate.

Dont care for the golden shorts however...but its still one of the best things to do..

About the throwing rice that happens when you buy a prop bag($2 only.)
*buy* a prop bag? that's criminal, lol! I'm a mom (uncool factor, sorry, lol) and we used to do this every weekend back in the 80's too, lol. We stopped counting when we'd been 200 times. Back then we brought our props from *home*, lol. A good prop bag could include rice, a newspaper, (I'm sure lighters are prohibited these days, lol; it wasn't an issue back then), toast, toilet paper, and playing cards.

For those who aren't "in the know", Rocky Horror Picture Show is a musical spoof of SF horror movies, starring rock music greats Tim Curry and Meatloaf. This movie is *not* for homophobes, as there is a lot of gender-dubious activity, lol. Despite Broadway success, movie audiences found it dull until a group starting hollering back at the screen. It took on a life of its' own, and entire books were published just to show the audience "script", heh heh. The movie itself is rated "R" (one bad word, one breast flash, lots of laced-up bustiers, fishnet stockings, and sexual situations), but the audience participation is far trashier, with lots of hollering of four-letter words and derogatory comments. I was trying to come up with some remarks that were clean enough to post on this board ... couldn't, lol!

The more you have gone to see it, the more you know, and thus the more fun it is. Since we traveled a bit for various reasons, we picked up different lines used in different places - it was fun to use a new line in a different place, cause everyone would just fall out of their chair laughing at hearing something new.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

About the throwing rice that happens when you buy a prop bag($2 only.)
*buy* a prop bag? that's criminal, lol! I'm a mom (uncool factor, sorry, lol) and we used to do this every weekend back in the 80's too, lol. We stopped counting when we'd been 200 times. Back then we brought our props from *home*, lol. A good prop bag could include rice, a newspaper, (I'm sure lighters are prohibited these days, lol; it wasn't an issue back then), toast, toilet paper, and playing cards.

For those who aren't "in the know", Rocky Horror Picture Show is a musical spoof of SF horror movies, starring rock music greats Tim Curry and Meatloaf. This movie is *not* for homophobes, as there is a lot of gender-dubious activity, lol. Despite Broadway success, movie audiences found it dull until a group starting hollering back at the screen. It took on a life of its' own, and entire books were published just to show the audience "script", heh heh. The movie itself is rated "R" (one bad word, one breast flash, lots of laced-up bustiers, fishnet stockings, and sexual situations), but the audience participation is far trashier, with lots of hollering of four-letter words and derogatory comments. I was trying to come up with some remarks that were clean enough to post on this board ... couldn't, lol!

The more you have gone to see it, the more you know, and thus the more fun it is. Since we traveled a bit for various reasons, we picked up different lines used in different places - it was fun to use a new line in a different place, cause everyone would just fall out of their chair laughing at hearing something new.

2 but who's counting :wink: Anywhoo yes the movie is definitely not for homophobes. All throughout the movie there's lots of garter belts and short pants and whatnot :o