Runecrafting, I hate you.

KingDodongo

I'm going for 70+. I have left quite a few expensive or hard skills to the end. I have 68 Runecrafting. It was going well for a while - hell, I was even enjoying it. I got to 50 and then things started to drag. I wasn't surprised, and trust me, I have done quite a few days of 7+ hours of this game, and I thought "Oh, it can't be worse than Thieving (I found that much more of a drag than Agility).". How wrong was I. At 60 I decided to do ZMI, much faster than Graahking - but that doesn't make it fast, oh no, quite the opposite. It's only just above the less than snails pace. 20k xp/h!? Not only that, put I'm paying for it, AND I HAVE TO PAY QUITE A BIT OF ATTENTION. Don't say I haven't persevered, because I have. I'm level 68. I'm so close. But, for some reason I can't bring myself to get that last 132k xp. I was supposed to finish this stupid skill 3 weeks ago. This saturday will be horrible. I'm going to have watch Lord of the Rings while doing it or I will go insane.

Anything after this, no matter how boring, will seem incredibly fast and fun. This is coming from a guy who after an hour only managed to get 1 - 9 Hunter.

Dodongo_200.png

I <3 SikTh.

Ehh, happens. High skills are profitable and respectable because they are hard to train. That's just how it is.

And cheer up, once you hit 75 ZMI is over 40k\h.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I kind of agree. No skill should *force* you to grind. There should be numerous choices for training a skill which vary according to money spent or time.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

[99 Woodcutting] [99 Strength][99 Hitpoints]

30db3v5.jpg

"What will come, will come..

..We will have to face it when it does!"

Farming With Profit and VineSweeper Guide

A better method to slay Dagannoths!

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

I kind of agree. No skill should *force* you to grind. There should be numerous choices for training a skill which vary according to money spent or time.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Which there is, with more and more being added. Regular runecrafting, at any of half a dozen altars. Abyss runecrafting. GOP. Hiring runners. Using assistance. Doing GOP. Doing ZMI. Binding Talismans. Duel ringing fires. Graahking Nats. Ballooning laws. etc. etc. etc.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I feel your pain, believe me.

But I'm glad that runecrafting isn't easy. If all skills were even as easy as thieving (which can easily be 200k xp per hour at higher levels), thousands of people would be maxed out. RuneScape has already become so much easier than it once was, so I think we should be thankful that there's any challenge left at all ;)

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Which there is, with more and more being added. Regular runecrafting, at any of half a dozen altars. Abyss runecrafting. GOP. Hiring runners. Using assistance. Doing GOP. Doing ZMI. Binding Talismans. Duel ringing fires. Graahking Nats. Ballooning laws. etc. etc. etc.

I think you misunderstand me when I saw there aren't choices for training a skill. Each skill (except Runecrafting and some others) has the following methods -

a) High Profit/Slow experience.

B) Moderate profit or loss, moderate experience.

c) High loss/Fast experience.

As you can see Runecrafting lacks the third option which I don't feel is right. I'm not proposing rates of 100k+ at all, rather 60k-70k will do, or even lower depending on the attention you need to give to the task.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

[hide=]1 x Vesta's Chainbody, 3 x Brawling gloves (Melee [1], Range [1], Magic [1])[/hide]

I think you misunderstand me when I saw there aren't choices for training a skill. Each skill (except Runecrafting and some others) has the following methods -

As you can see Runecrafting lacks the third option which I don't feel is right. I'm not proposing rates of 100k+ at all, rather 60k-70k will do, or even lower depending on the attention you need to give to the task.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

There are a bunch of skills that do not have all three methods. Most of the skills that have those three categories are buyable skills. Here are a few others that do not have all of those:

• [*:1h96qomr]Agility

[*:1h96qomr]Mining

[*:1h96qomr]Slayer

While I do understand what you're saying, I do not think that all RuneScape skills need to have three clear methods to train them.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

ZMI is 51k per hour WITH a profit, MUCH faster then many skills like Slayer.

DeviledEgg24.png

You should try the Great Orb Project if you really hate the regular style of runecrafting. You get to play a minigame instead of running back and forth, and then you're rewarded with the ability to basically bypass the running entirely through tabs. That's your alternative method.

Runecrafting is a hard skill. It's very low exp, it requires more attention than other skills, it can even cost quite a bunch but that's what makes it so special! If it was an easy skill, first off it wouldn't even be as profitable as it is now and second, it wouldn't feel so special to master the skill.

Since runecrafting is the ultimate challenge in terms of boring skills but it feels so damn good to conquer it that I am glad it is so difficult because that 99 runecrafting feels so damn good because of it. Speaking of which, I got 99 runecrafting! More specifically, I got 99 runecrafting where nearly all of it was through the abyss! Included in that was 10 weeks straight of runecrafting every single day! Only the nerdiest of nerds manliest of men should dare to attempt that ::'

But here's the fun part. I managed to get that crazy achievement and yet I can't concentrate on anything. Do you know how? because instead of whining about how a skill is unfair/hard/boring I actually tried to find some solutions myself and thanks to what I found I was able to get this crazy skill.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

Well, besides the fact that you're never forced to do anything, every skill in this game does force you to grind. For every skill there is a simple, repetitive pattern that is continued x amount of times till you get the exp you want. That's grinding, right? The only reason runecrafting is more intense is that it's got harsher exp rates, more attention required than other skills.

But admittedly there is variety in runecrafting. ZMI for luck-based alter, Abyssal runecrafting for that dangerous-but-rewarding, ghraak summoning assisted runecrafting for the absolute fastest runecrafting method and of course then there's also hireing runners (you want a higher exp rate, high cost method, there it is!). That's already several varied methods. For a skill in which the premise is running between an alter and a bank that's not bad, variety-wise.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

132k takes 5-6 weeks' worth of penguin points at your level.(Assuming you've done Cold War) It's great for expensive/time consuming skills. But I doubt you would enjoy runecrafting at level 70+ if you hate it so much now. Why care about your level in a skill that you aren't likely to use?

GOP makes me feel GREAT!

I've also got 68 RC, but I haven't trained it the regular way (I'm all F2P btw) since level 50.

I've also decided I'm not leaving the RC Guild until I have 70 RC, and 1k total levels (I could get 1k total levels in 2 hours if I trained def or range, or spent money on crafting, I wanted 1k to be difficult, and special).

If you find the right clan, you'll get about 30+ ess at the air altar (300 xp), 9 ess at mind (99 xp), 20+ ess at the water altar (240 xp), 10 ess at the earth altar (130 xp), 24+ ess at the fire altar (336 xp) and 20+ ess at the body altar (300 xp)

That's 1.4k+ xp for having fun, relaxing, and enjoying GOP. Figure you can do 4 rounds per hour, ~5500 xp, +3k tokens, which you can spend on tablets and ess, or cash out.

I'm not sure what it is on a members world, but you can save your ess with pouches to "cash out" at the nature altar, and get even more experience (~8-9k xp / hour?)

It takes <40 seconds to do an air altar run. Assuming you have unlimited FoG tokens, and it takes you 3 minutes to get new gloves, 25 ess per run.

1000 ess per gloves / 25 ess per run = 40 runs per set of gloves, about 27 minutes.

Double that and you get 2000 ess at 10 xp per ess, 20k xp/hour.

Add in mistakes, more run energy (higher agility), better teleports, and you'd probably get near 24k xp/hr.

How about hiring runners?

Every 15 minutes, you can lose 60k. Every hour, you can lose 240k.

Pay 2k per load, plus ess, and you'll get 25*120*5 = 15k xp / hour. Use gloves, and about double it (call it 28k xp / hour).

Assuming that your RC level is high enough, you can add in an extra 30k xp / day for assist, and it'll get to about 30-33k xp / hour.

If jagex gave more ways to train RC, it would be unfair to everyone that has put effort into it.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Same with me and defene. still going for 99 but its soooooooooo freaking boring. I CANNOT sit here for days on end, to keep going when the experiance doesnt increase at all per hour. Its a freaking nightmare. Now i dont hate 99's, far from it. I just hate having the felling when you get close, but its still so damn far away.

Popoto.~<3

Same with me and defene. still going for 99 but its soooooooooo freaking boring. I CANNOT sit here for days on end, to keep going when the experiance doesnt increase at all per hour. Its a freaking nightmare. Now i dont hate 99's, far from it. I just hate having the felling when you get close, but its still so damn far away.

Now don't forget that 92 is the half-way mark to 99 experience-wise.

Calculate the number of hours you need to play till 99, split those in to days/weeks so you know exactly how long you have till 99 and you'll feel a lot better. Learn to multitask and you'll wonder why lvl 99 skills seem so easy all of a sudden.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Well, besides the fact that you're never forced to do anything, every skill in this game does force you to grind. For every skill there is a simple, repetitive pattern that is continued x amount of times till you get the exp you want. That's grinding, right? The only reason runecrafting is more intense is that it's got harsher exp rates, more attention required than other skills.

But admittedly there is variety in runecrafting. ZMI for luck-based alter, Abyssal runecrafting for that dangerous-but-rewarding, ghraak summoning assisted runecrafting for the absolute fastest runecrafting method and of course then there's also hireing runners (you want a higher exp rate, high cost method, there it is!). That's already several varied methods. For a skill in which the premise is running between an alter and a bank that's not bad, variety-wise.

This is what I don't like. Each method requires you to travel from specific altars to banks. There is no variety outside this field. Like take crafting for example, it has furnace-bank methods like rings/bracelets, (which yield profit at times according to market) or simple on-the-spot activites like cutting gems, crafting armour.

And now Slayer has some variety...you can choose to actually play a CastleWars kind of game (Soul Wars) and train your Slayer. Guarenteed it is slower and a less efficient use of your time, but it provides variety, and something different from the basic method.

If I'm training Firemaking and alternate between Beacons and normal logs, I won't take it as grinding.

ZMI is 51k per hour WITH a profit, MUCH faster then many skills like Slayer.

It is indeed, but I still wouldn't restrict myself to the altar-bank routine.

I expected GOP to bring out a new and not necessarily more efficient way of training RC. Instead, it was the same altar-bank routine, which actually matches the normal way of training Runecrafting if you factor the time spent in the minigame itself.

While I do understand what you're saying, I do not think that all RuneScape skills need to have three clear methods to train them.

I wouldn't mind a method that equals out to normal Abyss or ZMI training, as long as it is something different from run/tele-craft-run. If a wide variety is provided, the annoying part is easily cut off as you won't feel bored as something your doing is not repetitive.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj :)

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

GOP is completely different from standard Runecrafting training. It is a slower and less efficient training method, but it is MUCH different.

DeviledEgg24.png

hate to break the bad news but quit crying...you think p2p is hard try f2p 5k/h without air gloves 10kish with

btw think about the people who have 70+ in f2p you think they made a rant that said this skill sucks but ill do it anyway?

dont like it dont do it :wall:

1100 total achieved 03/02/09 880thousandth to reach it :P

1200 total achieved 29/09/11 1.23millionth to reach it :P

awesome_600.png

AND I HAVE TO PAY QUITE A BIT OF ATTENTION.

Oh no! :ohnoes:

The difficulty is what makes the skill great. This is why the skill is so profitable. It would be junk if people started to get 75 out of nowhere right?

I agree it is gruelingly hard. I once told myself I would go for 91 rc. 2 weeks later I stopped at 78. It was not fun at all, but it's nothing that can't be compensated. The skill is hard, but that's only because it yields great rewards.

I think you're doing something wrong at ZMI though. At around your level, 20k/hour is simply put, unreasonably slow. Are you using a Lurker? Banking at Eniloia? Using all pouches? Super energies? If you're using the best gear and all the equipment, you should get getting around 30k xp/hour and profiting, at level 60 (although the profit isn't really profit, it's more break-even).

Don't worry, after the giant pouch rolls along, you really start getting xp like crazy.

Alternatively (and I say this all the time), if you have 82 magic, lunars, and money to spend, make steam runes. It's easily over 40k xp per hour, but it'll cost you quite a lot. The idea is to use the Magic Imbue spell along with Binding Necklaces and make steam runes similarly to how you would make fire runes.

GOP is completely different from standard Runecrafting training. It is a slower and less efficient training method, but it is MUCH different.

Elaborate.

I was under the impression that you can buy altar tabs which teleport you to an altar. It looks faster, but balances out if you factor the time spent. And anyway, its the same altar-bank. So explanation needed.

Thanks..

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops:

Elaborate.

I was under the impression that you can buy altar tabs which teleport you to an altar. It looks faster, but balances out if you factor the time spent. And anyway, its the same altar-bank. So explanation needed.

Thanks..

Tele, craft, tele, bank...

Travel to zammy mage, tele, mine rocks, find rift, craft, tele...

Tele with graahk, walk, walk, enter ruins, craft, tele...

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

Elaborate.

Thanks..

Tele, craft, tele, bank...

Travel to zammy mage, tele, mine rocks, find rift, craft, tele...

Tele with graahk, walk, walk, enter ruins, craft, tele...

It is still the altar-bank route..with only a lesser number of steps in between. It is in no way *completely different* nor *slower*.

I feel Compfreak is referring to the experience you gain while playing the minigame. You hardly receive 1k experience per game (winning/losing averages it out) so 3k/hour not that good really.

Thanks..

Lord Shalaj

30db3v5.jpg

PvP drops: