Different kinds of mage weapons

quelmotz

Kindly factor in the incredible costs for miasmic barrage?

AGS is a one time investment whereas Zuriel's staff costs - what 2mil for 15 min!! Sure, in the short run its 50 times cheaper than AGS but after 12.5 hours of pking, which isn't exactly eons, the cost evens out and later on the cost exceeds AGS.

Gladly factored in. Add 7k to the cost of the combo I described.

Should that prove to be too expensive for your taste, try blood barrage\regualar barrage. Higher accuracy, and the average drops by 1.5, so your still coming out far above AGS.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kindly factor in the incredible costs for miasmic barrage?

AGS is a one time investment whereas Zuriel's staff costs - what 2mil for 15 min!! Sure, in the short run its 50 times cheaper than AGS but after 12.5 hours of pking, which isn't exactly eons, the cost evens out and later on the cost exceeds AGS.

AGS isn't a one time investment if you die with it, though i do admit you can protect item, but smite can bring you down. And zuriels staff is 817k for an hour. 2 mill for 15 minutes is an exaggeration, I'm afraid you accidentally made the staff cost 9 times the real amount, that or you just didn't get your facts right.

Also, its significantly less than 817k an hour, because as soon as you finish your combo, you can happily put it back in your inventory, so the staff can last for many, many hours.

O.O

That was when i checked quite long ago. Sorry, wrong info. Anyway, there is still the corrupt version that lasts only 15 min.

That's still a lot of money though, compared to a whip+defender combo, which regularly hits high damage and cost about 1.5mil+time taken to get rune defender. Which is only 2h of effective pking with Zuriel's staff.

Then why doesn't jagex make those useless weps useful or just thrash them all. Who cares about that stupid combo. Its on a guy with NO armor and no protect prayer and that guy might be lvl 3 for all you know. I don't see his level anywhere.

Level 3 with that high hp... :roll:

Wtfpwnd

In my opinion, magic is very powerful when used correctly. And when used in conjunction with a melee special attack, it is easily one of the fastest KO's, maybe losing only to AGS and D claws. But just think of those weapons being used WITH mage, uber ownage. :P

Big_Stingman.png

That's still a lot of money though, compared to a whip+defender combo, which regularly hits high damage and cost about 1.5mil+time taken to get rune defender. Which is only 2h of effective pking with Zuriel's staff.

Maybe on monsters, but not nearly so on players.

And what are you talking about? Whip is lower attack and str bonuses even with a defender.

That was when i checked quite long ago. Sorry, wrong info. Anyway, there is still the corrupt version that lasts only 15 min.

Err, what? Whip does not make an effective KO, with an average hit of 23 and very low accuracy. Oh, and you never responded to my blood barrage\barrage combo, with an average hit far higher then ags.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Err, what? Whip does not make an effective KO, with an average hit of 23 and very low accuracy. Oh, and you never responded to my blood barrage\barrage combo, with an average hit far higher then ags.

Not to mention that you can heal, which you can't with AGS, and you can freeze, which you can't with AGS. With a little modification, you can also lower attack and/or poison, neither of which AGS can do.

Obvious troll is obvious. :roll: :roll:

Look at his other threads.

He's not trolling, he just doesn't know what he's talking about. Keep in mind that he's a level 50 FTP mage - he's never so much as cast an Ancient Magicks spell, yet he'll argue all day about the cost, accuracy, and power of spells he knows nothing whatsoever about. The highest level spell he's ever experienced is Water Blast. It's like a level 30 whining about melee being underpowered 'cause he can't kill the KQ - it's not trolling, but no one's going to listen to him. I guess the best we can hope for is that this thread dies a quick, painless death.

DeviledEgg24.png

He may have a main for all you know =D.

He doesn't, he said he had another account 'a few years ago' that 'got banned', but given his current XP progress and FTP status I'm going to guess it wasn't Zezima.

DeviledEgg24.png

Then why doesn't jagex make those useless weps useful or just thrash them all. Who cares about that stupid combo. Its on a guy with NO armor and no protect prayer and that guy might be lvl 3 for all you know. I don't see his level anywhere.

That particular combo was against a lvl 103.

I've used it on dragon hide and Rune armor, hitting over 60 on each, each player over 110 combat.

Magic doesn't need weapons, the master wand/Ahrim's or secondary weapons are more than enough.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Magic, more than anything, needs a way to reduce the cost of spells. Both Ranged and Melee are viable for use in PvE combat, but magic is terrible because of the cost. Perhaps a new staff or ring that provides steep defensive penalties but reduces the rune cost of spells by 1/2?

td2sig.jpg

Magic, more than anything, needs a way to reduce the cost of spells. Both Ranged and Melee are viable for use in PvE combat, but magic is terrible because of the cost. Perhaps a new staff or ring that provides steep defensive penalties but reduces the rune cost of spells by 1/2?

The problem is that mage is so incredibly overpowered at the moment. The only thing keeping it from completely taking over PVP is the cost. As it is, rich players are almost unstoppable with mage. They would need to nerf the power if they reduced the cost - it's the only thing keeping it balanced at the moment.

DeviledEgg24.png

True, reducing the cost would be a very viable solution, but the nerf had better not be too much. The cost for f2p mage is ridiculously high for f2p, so many people can't afford to use it effectively. I don't use it much myself, even though I have like 600-700k in f2p. I don't want to see 1000 chaos runes (worth 100k) vanishing in an hour or two of pking/training, which I would only be able to earn back in like 3-4 hours at least.

It's training that's expensive, not PKing. 100k for an hour or two of PKing is a ridiculously low cost, I happily blow through 5m+ in runes in an afternoon of hardcore CW. It's worth it, I have money to blow and it decimates all other forms of combat.

DeviledEgg24.png

So here's what I think after reading all of that:

P2P magic needs nothing.

F2P magic need a small booster shot, but nothing else.

But none of that is new.

P2P magic needs nothing.

But none of that is new.

IMHO, PTP mage needs a nerf. But I can live with it now.

DeviledEgg24.png

P2P magic needs nothing.

But none of that is new.

IMHO, PTP mage needs a nerf. But I can live with it now.

Maybe, but I find it's tolerable as well.

I find it tolerable based on the fact that I own in clan wars\CW\pits when I use it, but I understand how frustrating it must be to the other two combat types to be dominated so completely :P

DeviledEgg24.png

In PVP you risk low compared to people with whip/ags, but training, really, sucks. Magics pretty homeless in PVM.

I find it tolerable based on the fact that I own in clan wars\CW\pits when I use it, but I understand how frustrating it must be to the other two combat types to be dominated so completely :P

Ahh, the fun of castle wars, in all team based minigames magic really dose own, but i think when it comes down to PVP worlds, i still think its fairly balanced.

O.O

The cost is still high for the power you can't disagree about that. I'm not saying magic is weak, but its cost is incredible.

Yes, magic owns if you team (only if your team is good, though) as the meleers can protect you.