Different kinds of mage weapons

quelmotz

As we all know, melee has like 10+ weapons for f2p and far more in p2p. Ranged has 3 different kinds of weapons in f2p and quite a bit more of them in p2p. So how many kinds does mage have?

*drum roll*

A GRAND total of 1...What-1 kind only??????

So I'm suggesting that there should be more variety to mage weapons. The wand can be used better in conjunction with bind spells as it is faster and it can also be used for quick attacks or kills. The orb can also be used to defend better and as a kind of "defender" for mages. And newer, better kinds of staffs/wands/orbs can also make mages better in combat. Their highest mage bonus is like +30 and ranged has about +60 and melee about +70. Furthermore their armor is crap.

Wand: I'm sure you know magicians use wands, and they're fast and small. So why shouldn't there be wands in runescape? Fast attack speeds but lower bonuses. 1handed

Orb: Obviously, orbs hold magical power, or else why would fortune tellers and oracles use them? So maybe mages should be able to use these quite heavy 1h/2h weapons. They won't provide extremely high bonuses to attack, but give significant defence bonuses.

And possibly there will be a different kind of orb that is wielded on your left hand that is not used for attack but simply provides a bit of def and atk bonuses. I know we already have books, but books don't provide defence bonuses if I'm not mistaken. And maybe there should also be a chance that the orb will fire a magic spell that you're using again. The chance of it will increase with your magic level.

Better staffs/wands/orbs/robes: There is only 1 miserable type of staff, the normal kind, which gives crappy bonuses. Maybe there should be new kinds of staff/orbs/wands/robes that are better. As I already said above, mages' attack and defence bonuses are rubbish compared to melee and ranged so they deserve an update.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mage need a massive nerf before anything like that could EVER happen. The power it wields over other combat classes is decidedly un-triangleish. See the thread in rants (http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=772713) for more information. It's massive max hit (highest non spec of any combat style at its level) combined with insane accuracy, huge melee defence (maintaining 300+ slash defence while getting a huge mage bonus? Unfair, please?) and vast array of special effects (yes I will bind my enemies, poison them, lower their attack, halve their attack speed, and then heal off them a few rounds all before they can even touch me while dealing massive damage?) make it the most insanely overpowered type of 'combat' RS has ever known.

Oh, and don't spout the baloney of "number of weapons". FTP melee has one weapon, rune scimmy. PTP melee has two weapons - whip for non spec, dragon claws for spec. Mage has HOW many useful spells in the regular spell book alone? And let's not start on the massive array of Ancient Magicks, Jagex having made every type of spell highly useful in almost every combat situation.

I get the feeling that someone at Jagex towers hates magic.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Fine there is a master wand but what about different lower level kinds of wands.

Compfreak, I already argued with you and morningrise long enough in "magic is absurdly underpowered" and as elusefelier stated, you have your biased opinion that mage is overpowered and I have my (in your opinion) biased view that mage is underpowered.

The difference is that I have well over a thousand hours of XP to back me up, as well as logic and numbers. You have.. well, you have level 50 magic, and your ftp. This isn't a battle of opinions here.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

mage is underpowered wow even tho we cna freeze you you can just tele tab away.......and if we tele block you o what that were on the normal spell book which means no good hitting spells and tbh melee in ftp hit's higher then mage.range is way more accurate then mage.have you ever seen a magic in ftp hit 19-19-20-19? iv seen that in ftp range and melee but mage just stop's and it just gets worse in member's the combat triangle is just thrown right out of preportion with the max hit's of melee being 75's and wiht d claw's it get's worse.and range also hit's high at mage it hit's 63's wiht d bolt's and an anciant would stand no chance against this.

hhhfff.jpg

Untitlededikk.jpg

Balthier185.png

Balthier185.png

mage is underpowered wow even tho we cna freeze you you can just tele tab away.......and if we tele block you o what that were on the normal spell book which means no good hitting spells and tbh melee in ftp hit's higher then mage.range is way more accurate then mage.have you ever seen a magic in ftp hit 19-19-20-19? iv seen that in ftp range and melee but mage just stop's and it just gets worse in member's the combat triangle is just thrown right out of preportion with the max hit's of melee being 75's and wiht d claw's it get's worse.and range also hit's high at mage it hit's 63's wiht d bolt's and an anciant would stand no chance against this.

clip0034.gif

That combo has a max of 80.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

clip0034.gif

But that guy aint wearing anything :P

in PVP you'll be against black dhide \'

Zaroterasu.png

clip0034.gif

Actually if you catch them by surprise they could be in anything from rune armor to barrows, they can't switch in half a second.

O.O

clip0034.gif

Actually if you catch them by surprise they could be in anything from rune armor to barrows, they can't switch in half a second.

Several Ancient spells have a great accurancy, even on dragonhide.

Wow that combo was a bit rubbish 44 on with guy with no Armour protect prayer. :)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

That combos hard =(.

It might be, but just because it's difficult does not mean it doesn't exist. It does exist and it can be used. That's all that matters.

Magic isn't underpowered at all.

And on a different front, melee has 10 weapons. Ok. How many of those do you pk with or train with. 1, maybe 2 if you wanna count the 2h for the KO. What about range? On f2p, you'd be crazy to use the crossbow and the longbows just aren't worth it.

If you wanna talk p2p, magic fares even better with the master wand and ancient staff.

Yea yea, i was just joking.

But it is hard -.-

And I agree ::'

Then why doesn't jagex make those useless weps useful or just thrash them all. Who cares about that stupid combo. Its on a guy with NO armor and no protect prayer and that guy might be lvl 3 for all you know. I don't see his level anywhere.

Yes, and we all know how "inaccurate" mage is.

Thing is, he wont have time to turn on prayer, and would probably still be in melee armor because he is caught by surprise.

So chances are, mage would hit, and range has a chance at a miss, fairly good for me.

O.O

Then why doesn't jagex make those useless weps useful or just thrash them all. Who cares about that stupid combo. Its on a guy with NO armor and no protect prayer and that guy might be lvl 3 for all you know. I don't see his level anywhere.

Level 3 with that high hp... :roll:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Um, ok? Nice arguments you have there.

Jagex doesn't remove useless weapons because they are too integrated. You can imagine what would happen to a rune shortsword smither when they removed all shortswords. They aren't good weapons, but they're there. They are cheaper alternatives, but by no means good. They are there for new players, and they cannot be removed without causing more trouble.

The guy can't the level 3. And he has 0 mage defense, usually you'd use this against people in armor with negative mage defense. Plus just because something doesn't do good once doesn't mean it's trash. I hit a 21 with AGS spec, does that one case automatically mean that AGS is junk that can't do better than a 21?

Gladly. Ags has a 43% miss rate on the stadard high-defence outfit, with an average hit of 38 if it lands. This gives it an average overall hit of 21.6.

Now, one of my favorite combos: Miasmic barrage + Ice barrage, miss rate of 13%, average hit of 31 if it lands. This gives it an average overall hit of 27.0.

Oh, and don't forget that AGS can do it once every 3 minutes, mage gets it once every 6 seconds. Mage will end up with the opponent frozen for 20 seconds with a halved attack speed.

Any other calculations you'd like done? I can include a dark bow\miasmic barrage combo if you'd like.

DeviledEgg24.png

Kindly factor in the incredible costs for miasmic barrage?

AGS is a one time investment whereas Zuriel's staff costs - what 2mil for 15 min!! Sure, in the short run its 50 times cheaper than AGS but after 12.5 hours of pking, which isn't exactly eons, the cost evens out and later on the cost exceeds AGS.