other MMOG's

Ax600

actuallyy, if you look a post above yours, i DO!

isnt that awesome? ::'

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my bad, you ninja'd me. How well do you know them?

Just wondering.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

well, in truth, not that well...

im seeking help on that, but cant seem to find reliable help

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

well, in truth, not that well...

im seeking help on that, but cant seem to find reliable help

Yeah, I'm learning python right now.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

ya its becoming a pain in the butt to find some kind of decent tutorial...

(if a mod looks at topic):where would the appropriate place be to seek help designing my rpg?

oh, i know a good one: Runescape

im original because no one's posted that yet! :thumbsup:

No I'm quite certain the belongs under the category of "bad". Horrible, even.

why are you even on Tip.it then?

(no offense ::' )

why are you even on Tip.it then?

(no offense ::' )

Some people stick around on Off-Topic because they like the community or get in a habit of posting or something else. Probably 80-90% (I think) of off topic dont play runescape anymore.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I'm assuming the concept of Off-Topic means nothing to you then?

i just meant tip.it in general...

I'm assuming the concept of Off-Topic means nothing to you then?

i just meant tip.it in general...

He used to play Runescape and (like most of us) realised that it sucked.

ahh ok...

back on subject: MMORPG i foung: Epic Failist

name looks interesting enough

Odd MMOG: death to government...

Theres an edit button for a damned reason.

Face it, this topic is dead.

why you say i need the edit button? :shock:

Because you keep freaking double posting when you should just edit your last post.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Because you keep freaking double posting when you should just edit your last post.

sheesh, ok ill edit my last post next time...

I'm not a fanboy of runescape, and I for one have this built up anger at Jagex for several reasons, however, Runescape isn't horrible, or bad or whatever. Both technically and with gameplay/content, the game far exceeds the majority of MMo's currently released and most likely a ton of future MMO's to be released. Technically doesn't really matter to the end user so I'm not saying on that. Regardless, the content/gameplay that is located in RuneScape is far more intuitive, creative and contains far more purpose in the game and why it should be there.

It's not where games have craptastic crafting systems that are there, to be there, and serve no point. Even sometimes they're put in and become a hindrance because of things like repairing, and making armour, that requires far too much time, or the armour created is weaker than the ones dropped. Sure it's very primitive but the viability of the skill system in RS constitutes an elaborate crafting system that isn't pointless and drives (or did) the economy in the game.

Honestly, saying RuneScape is a horrible, or bad game is ignorant, and stuck up. It also shows how conditioned of a person you are towards any of the following; graphics, development hype, or lack of MMO experience in general.

@Nadril; I know you've played almost all of the big title MMo's and quite a few smaller ones. I don't see how you can say RS is horrible, unless you're also implying that 90% of the MMo's you've played have been even worse off than RS, which I could agree with. RS has it's faults, but they don't glare out, and don't hinder gameplay like other MMO's will.

---

Rappelz is a good fail of a game to for this topic.

@Nadril; I know you've played almost all of the big title MMo's and quite a few smaller ones. I don't see how you can say RS is horrible, unless you're also implying that 90% of the MMo's you've played have been even worse off than RS, which I could agree with. RS has it's faults, but they don't glare out, and don't hinder gameplay like other MMO's will.

You're right in saying I've played pretty much every big name MMO and a ton of smaller ones too. However runescape just does not stick out in my mind as any fun. I think I wrote something a while back kind of.. detailing what I thought of runescape, but I have no idea where I posted so I'll just kind of paraphrase.

The problem I have with runescape is it has no real credentials to play it other than to get higher numbers on your character. What I mean by this is that if you ask what the majority of people do while playing runescape the answer is often "Play it while reading TIF/Watching youtube/on Facebook or myspace". Very rarely do you get someone who wants to be so enthralled in the games universe that they play it as a game, instead of a large chat box with goals.

Of course this all stems from the fact that pretty much everything in the game is the same. Combat? Point, click, and soon the monster is dead at your feet. An auto attack system and agro system makes it so that a player can simply sit there and actually "play" the game, gaining skills. Of course during this time they aren't paying attention to the boring game, but something more entertaining. The thing is this idea of AFKing while training is true for the entire game, as if you go to fish, or cut trees, or mine ore it all ends up at the same basic action.

The game used to have one saving grace in the form of some sort of PvP. While the PvP in the game was just an RNG (random number generator) with stats tied to it it still had some form of danger, some form of excitement and some reason behind doing what you were doing. However, as with anything else, they pretty much took that away. Of course I'm not even talking about the recent additions but even as far back as just making the wilderness a safer place, or adding it in period.

One could say that a good community could be the saving grace for a game, because the fact is if you have a good, fun community to experience the game with it very well can be a different experience all together. However in runescape that is not the case. The gaming community is, by far, the worst I have ever seen in all the MMORPG's I have played. I have played all numbers of countless F2P, P2P MMOs out there and runescapes is horrible. It's not that it is a popular f2p game, no, it's the fact that the crowd it brings in is the exact crowd that the rest of the MMO world wants to get rid of. The fact is I have seen great f2p communities (Anarchy Online has one of the best, and it is an f2p/p2p MMO) but runescapes is horrible in every regard.

Really there is nothing in my mind that can salvage this game. That's not to say that people aren't going to enjoy it, they will. However I feel that a lot of times all of that enjoyment comes from the few minutes worth of excitement when they hit a new, "milestone" level and proudly show it in the Rate This section (really, out of every single MMORPG I have ever played I've never seen a section like that. No one cares) and then go back to the mind-dullingly boring grind.

So that's the problem I have with it. The fact is is that, in my experience, a lot of f2p korean grinding MMOs can be fun for what they are. You get in there, you have some fun with the combat (which usually is pretty fast paced) and you can just toss it aside later. I'm not going to do some sort of scale placing runescape on an arbitrary point either, because I see no reason in trying to rate crap.

It also shows how conditioned of a person you are towards any of the following; graphics, development hype, or lack of MMO experience in general.

I'm not sure if I get this part. You should know me well enough by now to know that none of these apply to me. Although it does bring up a good point, and that is that the artistic style of runescape is so dull and lifeless. It has nothing to do with the graphics engine, so to speak, I mean I still think Ultima Online and Anarchy Online are both two very good looking MMORPGs because they just DRIP with style. In that same vein I don't really like how AoC looks because a lot of it is pretty boring (except for fatalities).

And I'm certainly not lacking experience in MMOs. In fact, I would say that those who enjoy runescape are the ones who lack experience, and who (chances are) have not played any good MMORPGs.

Ive played too many MMOGs in my life...

I could name quite a few

not but 2 are quite as good as rs

these would be WoW and Death to Government :!:

EDIT: habbo hotel is about the stupidest mmog ever thought of... -.-

I doubt anyone else here will have played Puzzle Pirates.

I think it's a pretty awesome game, it has sailing and everything :lol:

Ive played it, didnt get it, and quit after like 2 days. This was like a few years ago.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

I doubt anyone else here will have played Puzzle Pirates.

I think it's a pretty awesome game, it has sailing and everything :lol:

Ive played it, didnt get it, and quit after like 2 days. This was like a few years ago.

Puzzle Pirates sucks, you get absolutely nothing with the free game, and it's not worth paying to get the extra crap anyway... :thumbdown:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

The darkness is a pretty cool game.

except it makes you choose your entire life at the start of the game.

not cool at all