Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

nice blog :D
nice blog, I really enjoyed reading it :thumbsup:

good luck on your 99 :D

Very nice blog!

Best of luck on your journey to 99 Mining!

:D go go go! your stories are truly entertaining <3:

Thanks everyone! :D

I'm really glad that you are enjoying reading about my journey. I'm also glad that we have a couple of new readers to share my adventures with. Welcome! Pull up a seat by the fire. Can I get you some cocoa? :lol:

You are very close, still hoping to see you get that level....

Joke, you have once again had impeccable timing. Just as you made post #75 to make the blog "popular" (ie: I got a cool flashing square on the listings) back on May 17th, today you have made both post #100 and the first on page 6 all at once. =D>

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Just a quick update today, blog fans: only 375k Xp to go until level 94. :D

I was lucky enough to get a few solid hours on a full world over the weekend, and made some great progress. I'm really hoping to level up by the end of next weekend.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

i could get 99 in f2p if you are willing to come?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

like lady shahdie once said, the journey of 13million exp begins with a single rock...or something

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• 2 months later...

Fear not, loyal readers. For, while I have been away from our beloved RuneScape for several weeks (or is it months at this point?), I am returned! The horrible, often anti-RS, thing called "life" had once again dragged me away kicking and screaming, but I have come back to the warm embrace of all that is pixelated. <3:

Also, I bring most momentous news of my travels: I have reached yet another milestone!

[hide=Level 94! Woot!]level94.png[/hide]

Is excellent, no?

Now, some of you long-time readers will notice that I'm not in my usual place in Rimmington. That's because I've found that since the agility update (which at first I was pretty upset with as my plan for the month of membership was to get my Agility as high as I could) I've been able to mine much more efficiently on these three rocks. I can do this because they're close enough together that I can not only keep running while I mine, but I can actually recover run energy while I do it! I had actually tested that spot back when I started this blog and decided not to use it as my run energy kept depleting, and while it regenerated I could only walk, which would slow down my mining considerably. This may not seem exciting at first, and I'm sure most of you have already discovered this, but it has allowed me to get (in f2p, remember) over 30k Xp an hour almost regardless of how populated the world is!

What's that you say? "Impossible"? "You're crazy"? "When's lunch"? No, really. Today I got 17,878 Xp in just 30 minutes, over 35k an hour, on a world with just over 900 people in it! :shock: Last week I got just over 30k in an hour on a world with just over 700 people in it! :eek: Gone are the days of having to either fight for two rocks next to each other on nearly full worlds or settle for 20k an hour on an emptier world. This has made my mining much easier to bear, I must admit. There's something depressing about drop-mining iron for an hour and only getting 20k Xp out of it.

Also, I have to admit that I'm extremely jealous of the Living Rock Caverns update. It has long been my position that Mining needed a major change to bring it on par with the other resource-gathering skills. Mining being one-swing, one-ore (with the exception of Rune Essence, of course) always seemed to me like someone dropped the ball. Now high-level miners can enjoy the same one-swing, full load as other gathering skills. I don't like that fact that it's members only, but understand that if something like this was given to everyone then the flood of coal and gold into the economy would be disastrous. Not to mention the outcry from members and old-school miners alike. For now, I shall look at the Cavern longingly from afar, and take solace in the fact that Mining has received a major change for the better. Well done, Jagex. Well done. =D>

Go go go!!! :D Mining FTW, and grats on 94! (Although I'm going to go for a 99 that is even more epic... but not until after 1000 total. ;) )

@ roky95: F2P FTW! |^_^|

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Ugh. A week has gone by and I've only managed to mine about 30k worth of Xp. :wall: Definitely not the rate I was going at in the beginning, eh? At least I was able to find some time to go hunting giant turkeys and do the first part of the Thanksgiving event. I've got all of the F2P emotes now. No more kicking myself over missing last year's event.

[hide=Best. Emote. Ever.]

holidayemotes.png[/hide]

It was my girlfriend's niece's birthday this past weekend, so we went and stayed at my girlfriend's mom's house (everyone follow that okay?) for a couple of days. Her niece and nephew are about the same age as my boys, and they get along really well so everyone had a great time. You haven't seen happy until you've seen a 5-year-old girl opening present after present of Barbies and costume jewelry. :lol:

The trip out of town meant that I had to wait until Sunday night to complete the 4-day quest. Unfortunately, the forums were down (which as we all know now was caused by too many of us logging in all at once; I love TIF <3: this place is awesome!) and for the life of me I couldn't figure out the 4th set of clues. Especially not at 11:30pm after driving for 4 hours in the pouring rain... So, as ashamed as I am to admit it, I was forced to seek answers elsewhere; which I ultimately found in *gasp* another forum! Don't worry though, I've no mind to leave TIF but I just couldn't wait to finish the quest.

[hide=Hmm...it appears to be some kind of wild houseplant.]

holidaymg1.png[/hide]

Admittedly, a magnifying glass isn't very Thanksgiving-y but it was still a fun quest with a neat reward. :thumbsup: I hope they do something like this again.

With a bit of luck I'm hoping to make another 200k Xp or so by the end of the weekend. I really wish that I could have made the kind of consistent Xp/hour I am now back when I was playing 3-4 hours a day...I'd have made level 95 by the end of the week! Oh, well. Anything worth having is worth working for, right?

A quick mid-day update Mining fans. This morning I crossed the 8,000,000 Xp threshold and am now ranked 6,937th! \:D/

Admittedly, a magnifying glass isn't very Thanksgiving-y but it was still a fun quest with a neat reward. :thumbsup: I hope they do something like this again.

Actually, the 4-day event is not the Thanksgiving event. It is a community event set around the time of Thanksgiving.

I guess you can call it a "Thanksgiving" event then. :P

Also grats on 8m mining exp!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention