100% accurate Max Hit Formulas!

Jard_Y_Dooku

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked through all your posts. I tried something weird - I input the exact same constants as I deduced from the melee formula, and so far it worked for a lot of them, but certain things give a hit too low at the HIGHER equipment, rather than the low end, now. Check out the personal list.

The left side is the calculated value, and the right side (e.g. after "should be") is the in-game value.

[hide=]19 should be 19 (93 range cry bow 3/10 no pot/pray rapid

19 should be 19 (93 range cry bow 2/10 no pot/pray rapid

18 should be 18 (93 range cry bow 1/10 no pot/pray rapid

12 should be 10 or 11 (99 range bronze arrows (11 is only suspicion) no pot/pray accurate)

8 should be 6/7 (99 range bronze knives no pot/pray rapid)

13 should be 13 probably (77 range addy arrows no pot/pray accurate)

13 should be 13 DEF (78 range addy arrows no pot/pray accurate)

19 should be 19 (99 range addy arrows no pot 15% pray accurate)

13 should be 15?!?!? (82 range black knives potted 10% pray rapid

27 should be 27 (99 range broad bolts no pot/pray rapid)

31 should be 31 (99 range broad bolts potted no pray rapid)

19 should be 19 (99 range rune arrows no pot/pray rapid)

41 should be 49? (99 range diamond bolts pot 15% pray void

45 should be 48? (99 range dragon arrows pot 15% pray void descent of dragon spec attk[/hide]

I know the max hit with dark bow is 48/49 without a Castle Wars bracelet, and I'm pretty sure diamond bolts(e) are 49 without it, too, right? Also why in the world is diamond bolts' max greater than that of dark bow?

Please give feedback & max hits data!

PS - Castle wars bracelet added as per request.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

your max hit calc says I can only hit 45 with dark bow special at 99 range (void potted etc) but I have seen at least 47-47 in some pvp videos. Zanik c'bow max hit says 56 while there is a pic of a 57.

Very good apart from minor glitches :).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

If anyone can test the accuracy of the melee max hit calculator, please do show your results! Also, if there is anything that you think should be added to the calculator, please ask. I will be adding an equipper similar to Tip.It's sometime.

You know it is the same as melee right? Transfers directly over. All you needed to dow as get rid of the extra melee prayers and make the interface reflect ranged. No equation changing.

What are you saying...?

You know it is the same as melee right? Transfers directly over. All you needed to dow as get rid of the extra melee prayers and make the interface reflect ranged. No equation changing.

What are you saying...?

Not counting void and specials the melee max hit equation and the ranged max hit equation are the same

A 99 ranger with a +100 strength weapon will hit the same as a meleer with 99 strength and +100 strength bonus. The boosting prayers apply as well. As do potions (ranged potion is equivalent to a regular strength potion)

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

What are you saying...?

Not counting void and specials the melee max hit equation and the ranged max hit equation are the same

A 99 ranger with a +100 strength weapon will hit the same as a meleer with 99 strength and +100 strength bonus. The boosting prayers apply as well. As do potions (ranged potion is equivalent to a regular strength potion)

Yes that is how I engineered the formulas. Are you saying you agree with this, or disagree?

What are you saying...?

Yes that is how I engineered the formulas. Are you saying you agree with this, or disagree?

Agree because they're the same. Oh, melee's "accurate" corresponds to "Rapid" and Aggressive to accurate. Not sure about defensive.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

Armadyl Godsword spec isn't right.

Says max hit with 99 strength, piety, super strength, and +121 strength bonus (bandos chest & tassets, fury, rune defender, barrows gloves, dragon boots, beserker ring) is 58...I'm 99% sure it's higher.

The other godsword hits may be off too.

Looking good now, seems bang on for me. Little more data

95 range 100 bonus; max hit 26

96 range 100 bonus; max hit 27

and to show how fruity void is

99 range 100 bonus + pot; max hit = 31

99 range 100 bonus + pot + void; max hit = 36

Also incase you didn't know, diamond bolt special effect does increase dmg, not just accuracy.

Melee one looks good as well, I'm just less sure what my max hits are at a given +bonus.

Says max hit with 99 strength, piety, super strength, and +121 strength bonus (bandos chest & tassets, fury, rune defender, barrows gloves, dragon boots, beserker ring) is 58...I'm 99% sure it's higher.

No, that one seems right to me... unless you can prove a higher hit?

Looking good now, seems bang on for me. Little more data

95 range 100 bonus; max hit 26

96 range 100 bonus; max hit 27

and to show how fruity void is

99 range 100 bonus + pot; max hit = 31

99 range 100 bonus + pot + void; max hit = 36

Also incase you didn't know, diamond bolt special effect does increase dmg, not just accuracy.

Melee one looks good as well, I'm just less sure what my max hits are at a given +bonus.

Void is very strange. Thanks for the data, the fact that the diamond bolt special effect increases damage is a big help. Do you know if it seems to be a percentage increase or a set amount? For example, is it +5 damage, or +12.5% or so?

I think that these formulas are pretty much 100% accurate when Void is not enabled. Perhaps Jagex lied and it's really 17.5%, or something like that? I tried putting 17.5% and it seems to work better... I'll incorporate it into the calculator when I get a chance and let you choose between the 10% and 17.5%.

I'll look at the RS KB page for bolt special attacks. Please let me know any information you or other posters do, on how much the special attacks increase your max hit and under what conditions. I think so far we can establish a couple of things:

Void seems to increase by around 17.5% rather than 10%.

Enchanted diamond bolts' special seems to add 12.5% to damage.

---

Things you can do to help!

• [*:15s9aj0a]Tell me the maximum hits for ranged and/or melee you have observed under certain conditions - and please provide as much info as possible!

[*:15s9aj0a]Tell me which enchanted bolts' special attacks increase max hit and by how much.

[*:15s9aj0a]Tell me your natural max hits with NO equipment, prayers, potions, strength bonus or anything of the sort; also make sure to punch, not kick! This can help in optimizing the second constant of the formula.

[*:15s9aj0a]Let me know if it is in fact possible to hit a 12 using kick (I don't think it is, I tried), at 99 strength - again, no potions, prayers, strength bonus, etc.

I work it out as 58 as well (my calc).

No, that one seems right to me... unless you can prove a higher hit?

Watch any AGS pking vids. You'll see hits in the 70s. Ive been hit with a 72 by a guy in veracs with AGS.

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=788688 First kill in this video has a 72 hit with AGS spec.

Question... for Ranged, Void seems to increase 17.5%, is the 10% accurate for MELEE, though? Or is that wrong as well?

Also, I added the Hamstring special attack to the Ranged calculator, and the Smash and Feint special attacks to the Melee one. The Void calculation value on the Ranged calculator has been changed from 10% to 17.5%. And... the Stone of Jas has been added as a strength boosting option. :)

Also, I saw a request to add Geyser titan. Is this a VISIBLE boost? E.G. at level 99 ranged, you'll see 102/99 on your equip screen? If so, I'll add it in with the potions ASAP.

Also, to the above poster... that's a 169 strength bonus, not 121! Sorry I didn't even realize it myself until just now. I just read "+121" and didn't think about the Godsword alone being +132. Anyways, I suggest you provide the calculator with the correct inputs this time. ;)

Sorry, a quick correction to one thing

99 range broad bolts pot + void; max hit = 37 (not 36)

and one I remembered

99 range rune arrows + pot; max hit = 22

Feels like the calc very slightly underestimates at the moment.

EDIT:

0 range broad bolts; max hit = 2 !!!!

0 range rune bolts; max hit = 2

0 range mith bolts; max hit = 2

0 range rune arrows; max hit = 1

Which kinda kills the current formula. Loads of ways to fix it but no idea which is the right way :cry:

Question... for Ranged, Void seems to increase 17.5%, is the 10% accurate for MELEE, though? Or is that wrong as well?

Also, I added the Hamstring special attack to the Ranged calculator, and the Smash and Feint special attacks to the Melee one. The Void calculation value on the Ranged calculator has been changed from 10% to 17.5%. And... the Stone of Jas has been added as a strength boosting option. :)

Also, I saw a request to add Geyser titan. Is this a VISIBLE boost? E.G. at level 99 ranged, you'll see 102/99 on your equip screen? If so, I'll add it in with the potions ASAP.

Also, to the above poster... that's a 169 strength bonus, not 121! Sorry I didn't even realize it myself until just now. I just read "+121" and didn't think about the Godsword alone being +132. Anyways, I suggest you provide the calculator with the correct inputs this time. ;)

ya I totally forgot I wasn't wielding a godsword at the time, hah :ugeek:

Sorry, a quick correction to one thing

99 range broad bolts pot + void; max hit = 37 (not 36)

and one I remembered

99 range rune arrows + pot; max hit = 22

Feels like the calc very slightly underestimates at the moment.

EDIT:

0 range broad bolts; max hit = 2 !!!!

0 range rune bolts; max hit = 2

0 range mith bolts; max hit = 2

0 range rune arrows; max hit = 1

Which kinda kills the current formula. Loads of ways to fix it but no idea which is the right way :cry:

If you select the Accurate attack style on both of the situations you provided, you'll find that the maxes are correct. ;)

Also, I can only get the calculator to show an 86 max hit in Castle Wars with AGS, although I know a 92 is possible. Any ideas why? The bracelet definitely IS 20%, because I know Ice barrage hits 36 with it. And changing the constants enough to make it a 92 hit would seem to throw off everything else.

All those at 0 range are on rapid..

more data :)

6 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 1

7 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 2

15 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus): max = 2

16 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 3

25 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 3

26 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 4

34 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 4

35 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 5

I know it'd be kinda wierd but ceil((level + c) * ((bonus * a) + B)) would work. Actually the more I think about it the more likely this seems. Level 1 would just be *too* sucky if it didn't get a little bit of hidden help. Assuming you can "hit a 0" then lvl one, with a max hit of ~0.1 would be really harsh. And I think it'd go a long way to fixing your ags problem. With lots of modifiers (bracelet*piety*spec = 1.845) that + c becomes a pretty significant thing.

All those at 0 range are on rapid..

more data :)

6 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 1

7 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 2

15 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus): max = 2

16 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 3

25 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 3

26 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 4

34 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 4

35 range rapid iron darts (+3 bonus); max = 5

I know it'd be kinda wierd but ceil((level + c) * ((bonus * a) + B)) would work. Actually the more I think about it the more likely this seems. Level 1 would just be *too* sucky if it didn't get a little bit of hidden help. Assuming you can "hit a 0" then lvl one, with a max hit of ~0.1 would be really harsh. And I think it'd go a long way to fixing your ags problem. With lots of modifiers (bracelet*piety*spec = 1.845) that + c becomes a pretty significant thing.

I'd like you to explain the variables, please. Also, as long as level is greater than or equal to 1, the ceil function ensures your max hit is at least 1. A max hit of 0.1 becomes 1.

Here's my thinking, pretty roundabout :P

The formula is just the same as yours at the bottom of your first post with a constant added to the level. For example, say c = 3, then it's like being on rapid or defensive gives a hidden +3 level bonus while accurate gives +6.

ceil((level + c) * ((bonus * a) + B))

level = ranged level

bonus = ranged strength bonus

a = some constant that controls how much ranged strength bonus is worth

b = some constant that controls how much ranged level is worth

c = some constant that is the hidden bonus added to your range level

My reasons for thinking it's like this are :-

You can hit 1s and 2s at 0 range on rapid, meaning there is something that needs adding to your formula.

If you look at the how many lvls you have the same max hit with iron darts, it goes 7 9 10 9. You only hit 1s for 7 lvls (counting lvl 0) compared to 9 or 10 lvls for other numbers. As though there are a few hidden lvls to begin with.

Finally, your ags in castle wars is likely explained by this. This constant keeps pretty quiet most of the time, but when you have some massive modifier like with an ags spec in castle wars it's pretty noticable.

edit: uuhh pretty frustrating trying to find the constants :shock:

Your formula seems rather strange, I can't see why Jagex would have added an invisible level boost, but I guess we can try it. Also, what do you mean by zero range? How do you get level 0?

I think the best thing to do would be to use SQL to make a database of all proven in-game hits, and them make a PHP script to run our current max hit formulas against them to see if they work. That'll allow us to easily change the formula without worrying about having broken something else.

I can possibly make the formula a web interface too... only simple way I can think of to do that is to use eval() which is a security risk so maybe not. I guess I could at least allow the constants and a few other things to be changed.

Also, we will need ALL inputs for this to work. For example, we cannot post "Max hit with bronze arrows is 5". We must post data in THIS format:

Max hit: 19

Level: 99/99*

Style: Rapid

Bonus: 49 (Rune arrows)~

Prayer: None

Special: None

Multiplier: None

* Basically, in RuneScape your levels usually show as 99/99. 50/50, 77/77, etc. If you drink a ranged potion you get 112/99. So you would post 112/99. In my formula and opinion it hardly matters whether it's 112/99 or 112 only, but post both anyways please.

~ Also if you want to put your weapon type in parenthesis after the bonus, that's fine... because remember we still need to factor in enchanted bolt special attacks! So MAKE SURE to note if your attack with a bolt was a special attack! Just write SPECIAL after the weapon type. Example:

Bonus: 105 (Diamond bolts SPECIAL)

I'm going for a dentist appointment now, and then probably to the British embassy, so all this won't come until later, but I think something like this is essential for formula research.

To get 0 range, just drink a lot of saradomin brews. Drink enough and your level will read 0/xx.

My current thinking is that they don't use the ceiling function, just round up and down normally. Otherwise I just can't make stuff fit. But I think formula is *something* like

Max = (L + c)(aR + B) * Modifiers

Where :-

L is level

c is ~8

a is ~0.00157

R is range strength bonus

b is ~0.1

Modifiers is pray spec void ect.

This works as far as I can tell for everything except the ags special attack. With ags it's no where near. Is ags really 25%? It just doesn't seem to fit.

I think void is even better than 17.5%, 20% seems to fit better.

More tests at 0 range

Max hit: 1

Level: 0/99

Bonus: 55 (Bolt racks)

Prayer: None

Special: None

Multiplier: None

Max hit: 2

Level: 0/99

Bonus: 60 (rune brutals)