Kalphite Queen Killing Guide (AOW discussion)

Karn

this last week, my friend both bought us full veracs and 1k sharks

and 100 prayer, super attack, and super strength potions

we go with this load

weilded

full veracs, glory amulet, ring of wealth, guantlets, climbing boots, legends cape.

pack

1 prayer, 1 super attack, 1 super strength, 1 antipoison

1 dragondagger (s), 1 rope, 1 shanty pass, 21 shark

we pot, put on magic prayer both get on either side of the beetle,

unload all 4 dragon dagger specials, that way we can get a quick, 16 hits off, between the two of us, and poison it early on.

then switch to veracs flail, and just watch your health, eat when you get you need to.

keep magic prayer on the whole time until its dead.

pot prayer, then after 3 minutes pot super att and super str

switch back to dagger, highlight your specials, put on mage prayer, then open the view combat guide, so that the mage prayer stays on and doesn't drain, so that when the kalphite spawns you immediatly have it ready, just incase the first attack is its magic one.

unload the specials and switch to flail, and repeat

me (112) and my friend (118) have only made about 15 trips so far, nothing worth while yet.

we only use 2 doses per trip, and 21 shark per queen, sometimes less.

so it is kinda expensive if you go a long time, without a chain.

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUIDE TO SUCCESS

3 ppl. lvl 124, 120, and 110 =)

*equiped*

full verac

ring of wealth

ammy(4)

climbing boots

gaunts

*invetory*

dragon mace

obsidion shield

super set

pray pots/ shark

once in room sip. snap on mage protect. snap on mace spec

BEST CASE SENARIO- 40+,40+, 40+ on first hit =) Use all mace specs

Finally switch back to full verac and waste the rest of the beast.

my friend and i do dds specials

instant 16 hits before going to flail, most of which are 20's

the beetle goes down fast,

not to mention the poison damage.

think that is better than the mace

[combat level: 124][skill total: 1,800+][quest points: 260][Mining: ??]

guthan.gifgoodol.gif

AFTER 8 YEARS OF PLAYING - PERM BANNED

neocrosby.png

Go Vegan!

• 5 weeks later...

yeah i went in a group of three, with me, my friend (lvl 90), and another friend (lvl 75) the lvl 75 died in the first 20 seconds, and my other friend and i duoed the queen plenty of times

and using ancient mage is very very helpful and also very expensive

• 5 weeks later...
Introduction:

The Kalphite Queen is the biggest monster in runescape. She is level 333 but is actually easier than you may think if you put your mind to it.

actually she is second hardest onster with the realse of the tahazar fight cave :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :lol: :lol:

Introduction:

The Kalphite Queen is the biggest monster in runescape. She is level 333 but is actually easier than you may think if you put your mind to it.

actually she is second hardest onster with the realse of the tahazar fight cave :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :lol: :lol:

Dude, if you could read you would have seen that its a topic from one month old thats been bumped... Grr, i get mad at the ignorance of some people here :evil:

• 3 months later...
Introduction:

3rd highest, TzTok-Jad and Tz-Kek are higher. And that many kills without a chain? Man, you're unlucky.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

OK first of i'd just like to say that i am only combat lvl 67 and am not a member, so please excuse my ignorance here, but...

If u's are goin to go duoing the KQ why both go at the same time and both try to compromise the 2 forms with the Verac's set. Instead would it not make alot more sense if one person killed one form using melee, and then when it respawns the second person comes in and finishes it off?

For example:

Player 1 (melee):

Full guthan's set,

Ring of Recoil,

Amulet of Glory,

Fire cape,

Guantlets,

Climbing boots,

>Draggon Dagger (s),

>2 prayer pots,

>1 super attack pot,

>1 super strength pot,

>1 anti poision,

>1 rope,

>1 shanty pass,

>20 sharks.

Player 2 (Ranged):

Full Black dragon hide,

Ring of wealth,

Robin Hood hat,

Rangers boots,

Crystal bow,

>2 prayer pots,

>1 Ranging pot,

>1 rope,

>1 shanty pass,

>2 laws,

>10 airs,

>21 sharks.

Basically plater 1 goes in as normal and kills the first form of the queen, then walks back out, puts on rapid heal and fites the kalphite soldiers or workers to get his hp back up. When player 1 is doing this player 2 goes in and finishes him off. Then player 1 goes back down prob gives player 2 some sharks as he'd prob need more, player 2 goes out, puts on rapid heal and waits to be called again to finish off the job for the second time. Not really sure as i have never fought KQ, wore any barrows, or even Black dragonhide, but think if high enough levels, the queen could be killed twice in one trip, which is obviously an advantage. Then player 2 gives a law and 5 airs to player 1, and tele out.

I said 2 prayer pots, was thinkin 1 prayer pot for each time u's kill it, but dont no if you'd need more/less. Theres probably a very obvious flaw in this plan as no1 else seems to have mentioned anything even close to what im saying here, but tell me what you think of it, im sure theres alot that could be improved upon. Also instead of player 2 ranging something similar could be done with mage.

Also nice guide so far, really gave me an insight into what the KQ is like. :P

newbankofrsyq0.gif

If u's are goin to go duoing the KQ why both go at the same time and both try to compromise the 2 forms with the Verac's set. Instead would it not make alot more sense if one person killed one form using melee, and then when it respawns the second person comes in and finishes it off?

because all the idea is when u 2 fight the queen and stand on both sides of her she won't hit u as much as it like u solo it.

she will need to turn from side to side to hit each one of u.

that way you hit like 40%-60% of the time while if u solo it you will get attack 100% of the time. That way you get less attacked take less damage and u kill it faster.

Me (was lvl 113) and my friend (was lvl 95) did few trips and almost every trip we killed her and had spare sharks while when I tried to solo it, it took me 3 some times 4 trips to kill (the more u eat the less u hit the less u hit the more trips u need).

got another tips for people:

1. Boots - wear white armor boots - same defence as black armor boots and +1 prayer bonus. in case u lose it cost only about 300gp to replace.

2. Gloves - I would recommend to use cooking/chaos/gold gloves from family crest - have attack / str bonus and cost nothing to replace.

Visit my web-site http://www.saam007.com.

Where you can find: Runescape Home Designer, Runescape Farming Tool, Runescape Sudoku Solver and how to pay membership while playing.

Ok, saam suppose thats a fair point. So i've considered it and taken and compromised it slightly. My theory of how to kill the KQ is basically the same with one fundamental difference. This time instead of 2 ppl going to kill it, 4 ppl go. The first two wearing there best melee kit, and the second 2 wearing the best mage/ranged kits. That way as 2 ppl are fitin at a time only 1 will be gettin hit at any1 time, then when then team 2 comes in at the second stage to finish the job again only 1 person will b gettin hit at a time. Which beats the standard plan as in it with 4 ppl at least 2 ppl will always be gettin hit at any 1 time. It also has the same advantage in that the best melee kits will be better tha verac's and the best ranged/mage kits will b also better than verac's so that is a clear advantage. Prob tho something im missin why this never seems to b done, cause if it is as gud as i currently seem to think it is, ppl wud def be doin it! :D

newbankofrsyq0.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

strat12hs.jpg

This actually isn't a good way to stand to fight the queen with 4 people at all, i'll explain why:

Basically the kq is just one big square (as is everything in this game), so standing on opposite sides of the square, as you've stated, while fighting it as a duo is recommended.

But when fighting it with 3 or more people, you should still have each group of people standing at opposte sides of her, in even amounts.

Here's why:

kq1oo1.png

This picture shows the way you suggested, to have 4 people surrounding her, but this is a bad way to do it, for one reason, fighting her like this will cause her ranged attack to hit 3 people, because if she aims at number 1 (for example), her attack is also going to hit number 2 and 4.

kq2io7.png

However, if your team surrounds her this way, if she aims at number 1 with range, her attack will only hit number 1 and number 2, causing one less person to be hit every time she uses her ranged attack. ;)

Hope I didn't make that sound too confusing, but I wanted to explain thoroughly why it's better to stand on opposite ends, no matter what size your team is. :)

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength