Hydra

LatinII

Who remembers when Jagex made a Summoning Concept Art about Hydra? Well, I do. That beast looked pretty impressive to me, and I was exited to see what it would look like in-game.

summoning3_800x600.jpg

But, when I saw it in game, I was like: "... You've got to be kidding me?"

hydra.png

It's so... small. It's even smaller then a goblin. I was expecting to see a big, and impressive-looking beast. Not something that is even smaller then a level 2 spider.

Remeber the Wolpertinger? Remeber how scared of it you were in Wolf Whistle? Now I see someone summon that and I just go like: "I can't believe I was scared of that tiny little fuzzy cross between a wolf and a bunny."

And yes. Hydras do look... slightly... less intimidating than it should be....

120dgl.jpg

well, if you feel like re-writing the java programming, by all means, be my guest.

It's not hard to make Hydras a little bit bigger. :roll:

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

well, if you feel like re-writing the java programming, by all means, be my guest.

But it is harder to remake a polygon model at higher resolution, and it'll tax the game more as well as limit the hydra's fighting ability; the bigger a familiar is, the harder it is to maneuver it in tight spaces and the more time it spends dancing with a monster instead of fighting. You should thank your lucky stars it's a small summon.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

But it is harder to remake a polygon model at higher resolution, and it'll tax the game more as well as limit the hydra's fighting ability; the bigger a familiar is, the harder it is to maneuver it in tight spaces and the more time it spends dancing with a monster instead of fighting. You should thank your lucky stars it's a small summon.

It's not like it's very useful besides the tree regrow anyway.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Then don't complain about how small it is, and how Jagex could make it a little bigger.

Then don't complain about how small it is, and how Jagex could make it a little bigger.

Did I? No. I merely said it isn't that hard to make it bigger. Well, given the time for a minor revamp of the Dragon platebody, it'd take Jagex a year.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Did I? No. I merely said it isn't that hard to make it bigger. Well, given the time for a minor revamp of the Dragon platebody, it'd take Jagex a year.

And I merely said it would be hard to make it bigger. Why should they completely redesign a summon's graphics, and why would you want it made much harder to use by increasing the size?

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

And I merely said it would be hard to make it bigger. Why should they completely redesign a summon's graphics, and why would you want it made much harder to use by increasing the size?

Jagex does a lot for us. They work hard to keep RS running smoothly, coming out with new things, and updating old things!

Don't complain about something that isn't "very useful".

And to the OP, forgot to mention in last post, I understand what you mean.. But given what other people have said, it makes sense why it's so small.

Jagex does a lot for us. They work hard to keep RS running smoothly, coming out with new things, and updating old things!

Don't complain about something that isn't "very useful".

Actually, those would all be reasons why they shouldn't nerf a monster for no apparent reason. Why take away time they could be spending developing a new, cooler summoning monster instead of wrecking an old one?

DeviledEgg24.png