MAP: All World Map Feedback here

Hello all,

With the release of the new world map, I've created this topic in order to post any bugs and feedback regarding the new world map. This includes any of the overlays, so any errors in the multicombat or PvP layers should also be reported.

Before giving any feedback about the map:

• Icons will only glow and be clickable when there is a corresponding page on the Tip.It Website. If there is no page, it will not glow. If an icon does not glow, check to see if there is a page for the icon to link to. If so, it should be linked.

Cheers,

Ddraiggoch06

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Unless they fixed it, I believe the only safe area in Castle Wars is the single tile right in front of the bank chest, not the whole lobby.

edit: Yeah, I know what you mean Luf :wall:

Pretty good, classic.

Which is why it's a good senior prank ::'

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

• 2 months later...

The Pirates' Cove island NW on the map is multicombat, though it has been overlooked on the multicombat overlay.

[edit: confirmed by crew 8 Dec 2009]

• 1 month later...

i dont know if anyone has noticed, but the wilderness has changed a bit, like the wilderness volcano. cause im there now, fighting greater demons. it would be a little helpful if we could change the map to the present looking wilderness, not the old looking wilderness.

• 2 months later...

The sheep pen north on the Varrock diary/What lies below start and north of Lumbridge has has had part of it turned into a Rat cape (pen full of level 3 rats). i have a picture that i can put on Ifranview, i just don't know how to put it on a post.

Posted by Wugmaster Vincent Xxalius

final.gif

You have to take off everything except your gloves and boots. WTF JAGEX? :thumbdown:

Don't forget about the ring, you can keep that one to :)

And your necklace. :grin:

And quiver! This is fun :P!

• 1 month later...

Crewbie Rien_Adelric visited the church and verified this:

"The church is in 38 wildy - the multizone extends only a couple paces to the east and south, but all the way to level 39 to the north. "

multizone.gif

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 2 months later...

As some other users have pointed out in other places on this site, recent changes to the "Impetuous Impulses" minigame have added some wheat fields to random places around Gielinor. I figured this would be a good place to mention it (though I'm positive it's already being worked on, sometimes it helps to have a reminder in the right place).

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

As some other users have pointed out in other places on this site, recent changes to the "Impetuous Impulses" minigame have added some wheat fields to random places around Gielinor. I figured this would be a good place to mention it (though I'm positive it's already being worked on, sometimes it helps to have a reminder in the right place).

It would help our mapper greatly if you had a list of new fields, or even just some.

Cheers

~Cowman

1.png
generic_signature.png

It would help our mapper greatly if you had a list of new fields, or even just some.

Cheers

~Cowman

Two just off the top of my head happen to be in the Gnome Stronghold and Catherby. I can peruse the World Map in-game for more, but I guess I wrongfully assumed that it was already being worked on.

EDIT: after scouring the world map, it appears to me that those are the only new additions.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

One small thing that I noticed as I was looking around the map,

The summoning obelisks are listed in the legend as having the "summoning wolf" as their symbol, however, on the map the symbol used is the actual symbol used in-game.

Nothing real important, just thought I might mention it.

As a suggestion, possibly seperating "obelisks used for making pouches" and "obelisks for recharging points" would make things easier for people trying to find specific ones, or ones closest to banks or areas.

• 1 month later...

Im not sure if its just my computer but it seems the link to the full size world map is broken.. Hope you get fixed soon.. I love your guys' map.... wayyyyyyy more than rune hq :P

Hey VagieKing, thanks for your feedback.

I've just released a small fix for a little coding error which might have caused a 404 error for you. It should be fixed now, do you mind trying again?

There are three fields missing from the map.

The first is in the Tree Gnome Stronghold

screenshot20100407at308.png

The second is above the Catherby Farming Patch.

screenshot20100407at308.png

And the third is just above the Agility Area and to the west of the farming patch in Brimhaven.

screenshot20100407at314.png

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

Oh and while I was on a PvP server, you say that the Troll Stronghold Dungeon is a Hot Spot. Here's a picture to confirm that is not true.

screenshot20100407at341.png

If it was, there would be a Skull and Bones with flames, but there is not.

Correct me if there may be a part of the dungeon that is.

Edit: Same thing with the H.A.M. Dungeon

screenshot20100407at353.png

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

~AKB48

Thank you so much for the feedback guys, it is very much appreciated!

There are three fields missing from the map.

The first is in the Tree Gnome Stronghold

[image]

The second is above the Catherby Farming Patch.

[image]

And the third is just above the Agility Area and to the west of the farming patch in Brimhaven.

[image]

Thank you very much for your submission. As the fields are so small, it was inevitable that I has missed a couple. Your correction has been uploaded to the main map :)

Oh and while I was on a PvP server, you say that the Troll Stronghold Dungeon is a Hot Spot. Here's a picture to confirm that is not true.

[image]

If it was, there would be a Skull and Bones with flames, but there is not.

Correct me if there may be a part of the dungeon that is.

Edit: Same thing with the H.A.M. Dungeon

[image]

Thank you, I've confirmed your correction and have made the appropriate changes to the PvP Layer :thumbup:

the bank at the volcano is not a safe zone anymore.

As far as I can tell, the wilderness volcano bank is listed as a "normal" zone on the world map, and not as a "safe zone" as it is not shaded green. I've confirmed ingame that this area is not a hotspot either, so the overlay should be correct. If I've misunderstood you feel free to correct me, but thank you for taking the time to submit a correction nonetheless.

Did a thorough sweep of the map (well the best I could) and found some things.

This short-cut is changed to a different spot in Falador. (It was to the east a little)

screenshot20100409at950.png

There is now a photo booth to the west of Falador and near the Make-over Mage.

screenshot20100409at949.png

This little space is now the Poisen Arrow Pub near the port in Ardounge (i believe thats the name)

screenshot20100409at947.png

This snowy area was added when The Hunt for Red Raktuber quest came out. Chuck now resides here.

screenshot20100409at946.png

Instead of a full sheep pen south of Varrock, it has now split into a sheep and rat pen.

screenshot20100409at943.png

It's hard to see, but now there's a path where the short-cut was south of Varrock (that short-cut is now a little to the west).

screenshot20100409at942.png

Looks to me that north of Mos L'e Harmless, there is a dungeon on this little island.

screenshot20100409at930.png

At the Air Obelisk, there is a ladder that goes down to the wild dungeon in Edgeville.

screenshot20100409at933.png

West of Castle Wars, the "muddy" area where the dungeon that the mutated tortoise and terrorbirds are in has changed a little.

screenshot20100409at944.png

At the snowy hunter area north of Fremmy, there is a transportation symbol here (sorry but i dont know what it is, happy to check out if needed)

screenshot20100409at933.png

I'll stop here for now. Don't want this post to fill the page. I'll post my other findings as soon as another person posts here.

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

~AKB48

Since nobody is posting I'll post the rest ..

Daemonheim (as we now know it) has a few more icons

screenshot20100415at614.png

There are more tree stumps now in Neitz.

screenshot20100409at934.png

Looks like there are a few missing dungeons in the snowy area

screenshot20100409at937.png

The Lost City shack and the other building has moved

screenshot20100409at940.png

Will it be helpful if you put the Lumbridge catacombs dungeon on the map?

screenshot20100409at941.png

The quest that requires that small building to the entrance of the Dwarven mine and the entrance has the dungeon (idk if you would like to put that in because you have the mining sites already)

screenshot20100409at942.png

The buildings above the Fishing Contest area have changed.

screenshot20100409at948.png

I think it would be helpful if you put Braindead Island either in the quest guide or a link on the map (or both!)(and i have a bigger picture but in two)

screenshot20100417at950.png

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

~AKB48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.