Runescape Easter update!

Butter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easter Bunny has a storyline.

Last year you had to catch the bunnies and make them choclate.

So this year you'll problely be deliviering them..

What was 2 year's ago event?

Was that the one with the giant Easter bird? Or was that 3 years ago? Chocotrice was last year, right? So then Kebbits would be 2 years ago and the Easter bird 3.

Easter Bunny has a storyline.

Last year you had to catch the bunnies and make them choclate.

So this year you'll problely be deliviering them..

Yeah! He gives you a special basket to deliver them with that you get to keep afterward. When you operate the basket, you get chocolate eggs you can throw at other players! :lol: Like the snowglobe from Christmas '07.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Jagex does stuff for Christmas, Easter and Hallowe'en. They tend to do something entertaining for April 1st, either in the game or on the website. Last year we got a Thanksgiving event too. What other big festivals might they do?

St Patrick's Day

Independence Day (okay, they're British, but they've already done Thanksgiving which isn't normally celebrated in Britain...)

Summer solstice

Andrew's birthday!

They never go for an actual religious theme. Even if they decided to launch a Passover event it'd probably be as relevant to the Passover rites as freaky pink bunnies are to Easter. (And don't get me started on the Jack Bauer Easter Egg I found last year.)

I believe....

That a quest called Splitting Heirs will be released.

We will also see the Easter Bird from 2006 again. The new event item will be a weapon

Just speculation, though. :-#

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I believe....

We will also see the Easter Bird from 2006 again. The new event item will be a weapon

Just speculation, though.

Your speculation is suspiciously specific!

I believe....

I also "suspect" it'll involve broken machinery and implings...

:-#

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I believe....

did you mean hares? because a hare is similar to a rabbit, and an heir is like a prince.

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Today will be easter event! if you think bout it, "Glorious Memories" was out on 1st April and so a week from that will be a week! \' ::' :thumbsup: :D :) ;) 8-) :lol: :P :twisted: =D> =P~ :pray:

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

I believe....

I think you're hiding something :lol:

I just want an emote that doesn't involve and item (Also, it will be both and event and a quest, at least that's what they did with christmas and halloween...)

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I believe....

did you mean hares? because a hare is similar to a rabbit, and an heir is like a prince.

I "suspect" that's exactly the play on words he was going for. :lol:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I "suspect" that it'll suck.

Well, even if it's the most astoundingly awesome holiday event of all time, and it brings an amazing sense of accomplishment and peace to everyone who plays it...

... people will still say that it sucks because it doesn't give them a useful reward (like every other holiday event) or doesn't give them a new way to get loads of XP or cash (like every other holiday event in recent years) or because it's juvenile (like most holiday events, even in real life) or because ultimately they'd rather be aggrieved than happy.

That said, I never seem to enjoy holiday events much myself. But, hey, it's a big enough game for my $5.95.

I "suspect" that it'll suck.

Well, even if it's the most astoundingly awesome holiday event of all time, and it brings an amazing sense of accomplishment and peace to everyone who plays it...

... people will still say that it sucks because it doesn't give them a useful reward (like every other holiday event) or doesn't give them a new way to get loads of XP or cash (like every other holiday event in recent years) or because it's juvenile (like most holiday events, even in real life) or because ultimately they'd rather be aggrieved than happy.

That said, I never seem to enjoy holiday events much myself. But, hey, it's a big enough game for my $5.95.

Personally, I like the holiday events. I finished the F2P quests so long ago that it's nice to have something new to do every so often. Even if it's not a "quest" per se (like last year's Easter event), they're still a fun distraction.

There aren't many more days that it CAN be on. This weekend is Easter weekend, so it's got to come out in the next day or so if it's coming at all. Not in the middle of the UK night, but soon after.

I'd be interested to know the source for that Splitting Heirs "speculation".

Tomorrow, then, is probably the last day, unless they decide to throw it after the holiday, but they've never done that before to my knowledge.

But I'm starting to think they might've replaced the Easter event with the April Fools One. I didn't really convince myself though, since they've released a huge amount of content for H'ween and X-mas, they would've at least matched it for April Fools if it were to replace Easter.

Tomorrow, then, is probably the last day, unless they decide to throw it after the holiday, but they've never done that before to my knowledge.

But I'm starting to think they might've replaced the Easter event with the April Fools One. I didn't really convince myself though, since they've released a huge amount of content for H'ween and X-mas, they would've at least matched it for April Fools if it were to replace Easter.

They've always had something for April Fools. As far as the Easter event, I'm starting to wonder if they'll even have one at all. Jagex hasn't been doing very well and has been [cabbage]ting around. I don't like the new CEO.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

They've always had something for April Fools. As far as the Easter event, I'm starting to wonder if they'll even have one at all. Jagex hasn't been doing very well and has been [cabbage] around. I don't like the new CEO.

What I mean is, this April Fools has been much bigger than any of those before. Before, it was a joke news post or 1 new item. I mean, this year's was bigger than some of the older holiday events, even. Anyone remember just talking to Santa and getting a yo-yo?

I'm guessing Wednesday because the April fools update was on Wednesday. The mod in my world said the April fools update would be around for one week.

As for the event, some crud to do with the Easter bunny and children and eggs. Like it always it.

People are going to start complaining about how Jagex has no creativity, blah blah blah. I'm sure they'll pull off something good this year.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I just hope its better than last years which just seemed to me like a way to advertise summoning to freeplayers to make them get members. I bet there will probably be a new emote as Jagex seems to like adding those with events in the last year. I hope it isn't a pet as that would be so annoying unless they make pet options below the walk here option. I personally think a shield would be kind of nice as we haven't ever had one from a holiday event.

elapid66.png

99 range 6.12.09 / quest cape 8.16.09 / 99 construction 2.17.10

I read something on the RSOF about a Dutch site that leaked info on Easter. I don't remember the exact text, but the Easter quest was called "In Splitting Heirs". It could be, of course, just rumors. It could be something though.

7 Capes of Achievement

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

legendq.png

Jabb_awokeez.png