The Queen - useful or useless?

Racheya

Personally, I'd say some small form of monarchy is good, just t keep the democratic aspect of the government in check. The democratic aspect of the government keeps the monarchy from reaching corruption, while the monarchy help keeps the government stable at certain points, allowing for things such as the suspension of parliament. It also just cuts away all the bueracracy in times of urgency, if the proper legislature is in place to allow for this.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell did parts of this topic go from talking about the Queen to bashing America?

Anyway, I think the Queen keeps Britain's culture alive, so people should stop demonising her.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

How the hell did parts of this topic go from talking about the Queen to bashing America?

Anyway, I think the Queen keeps Britain's culture alive, so people should stop demonising her.

Where in this thread do people bash America? Non-serious jokes don't count an bashing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Americanisation is a bigger influence on a culture than the monarchy, so I don't see what she acomplishes there.

While I think democracy is a generaly bad idea, inherited power--even in a ceremonial sense--is not the way to go. A strong Government needs to be chosen on genuine merit, not on blood or popular appeal.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

the queens jst useless she jst sits at her thone all day sipping tea and eatin biscuis she does noffin to the country

we shouldnlt even have a queen shes been thre long enough let some1 else have a turn shish man looolll

*gets AK57 OUT* LOOLLSS X

:-s You be a'trollin?

ALL British people sit around drinking tea and biscuits. It's a scientifically proved fact. :shame:

.....not everyone.......she makes money by doin noffin, we never hear her do anythin:S:S:S:S

Actually, the queen has a real tough time...

She has to manage a family. Cook food, do washing up, like any good mother. Oh wait...

But seriously, she does actually do alot behind those closed doors, she has to make public appearances to please the tourists that flock into london you know... I think after 1,000 times it gets a bit boring?

Well is 80 i think its time she should step down, prince charles is like 60+ he probably wont take it as he probably wont be on their for long,

xxamzyxx.png

952a0f472b.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

xxamzyxx.png

Americanisation is a bigger influence on a culture than the monarchy, so I don't see what she acomplishes there.

While I think democracy is a generaly bad idea, inherited power--even in a ceremonial sense--is not the way to go. A strong Government needs to be chosen on genuine merit, not on blood or popular appeal.

She doesn't really do much within the government so it doesn't matter.

And though Americanisation is a problem (yeah I said it), I think if we didn't have the Queen, it would be moreso of a problem. I mean, when I think of London I want to think of Buckingham palace, the guards that don't move, red buses and all that Jazz not... well... nothing.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

A great Scotsman and a scholar once told me that countries, nay, people, need something to unite around. Something larger and more important than themselves. For Islamic countries, it is the Qur'an. For Russians it is the land itself, the Rodina or motherland. For Americans, it is the constitution, something above and beyond any individual. And for the UK and other countries, it is the Queen/King.

It may seem insignificant, but history shows that when you remove the uniting factor of the civilization its people break up.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

A great Scotsman and a scholar once told me that countries, nay, people, need something to unite around. Something larger and more important than themselves. For Islamic countries, it is the Qur'an. For Russians it is the land itself, the Rodina or motherland. For Americans, it is the constitution, something above and beyond any individual. And for the UK and other countries, it is the Queen/King.

It may seem insignificant, but history shows that when you remove the uniting factor of the civilization its people break up.

I can't wait to see what happens in the next 4 years when the constitution gets ripped apart :-# .

That said, you do have a good point.

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

I do agree with that, people rally around the queek and the idea of British culture.

Though I highly suspect reality television is going to be replacing the queen eventually :ohnoes:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I do agree with that, people rally around the queek and the idea of British culture.

Though I highly suspect reality television is going to be replacing the queen eventually :ohnoes:

Reality TV is what will unite the world. #-o

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Reality TV is what will unite the world. #-o

In this day and age, does that really sound so unbelievable?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

As a Canadian, I am not one of those haters who think that we should only listen to the PM of Canada, and see the Queen as some old lady. Even though she only exercises a small amount of power now, I still see her as an important figure head.

2nd, As a Canadian, I also believe that although she doesn't next to nothing these days. She's still an influential character and should still be respected.

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.