Crystal Bow at TDS (may be locked)

stonewall337

I currently am not using a shield, as I am using a BGS for my melee weapon. I do not have the crystal bow down to 180k or w/e per charge, and currently use either broad or diamond (e) bolts at TDS. Should I use crystal bow, how much faster is it, and is it worth the cost. Then I could use several spots where the bolts are not gathered by Ava's accumulator, or use my Quest Cape.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

If you're using a 2handed weapon, yes, use it.

Only till it's 7/10 though, after that it's just too bad (that means, get another or degrade and recharge current one).

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

One more note, I am using void melee and range. Is it worth the 900k though?

Stonewall337.png
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)

If you're using a 2handed weapon, yes, use it.

Only till it's 7/10 though, after that it's just too bad (that means, get another or degrade and recharge current one).

Or better yet, use the glitch, where you fire 249 shots with one bow and 1 with the other, and the second will degrade.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Thats not a glitch.....Like anything which degrades, the amount of use before degrading/breaking is tied to your account. For instance, I can do 39 damage with a Ring of Recoil and sell it, and it will last you for 40 damage. Also, if I switch RORs, then the second will still break when the first would. But more on topic, please only post if you know what you are talking about :evil: , such as if you have actually TDED.

Stonewall337.png

Thats not a glitch.....Like anything which degrades, the amount of use before degrading/breaking is tied to your account. For instance, I can do 39 damage with a Ring of Recoil and sell it, and it will last you for 40 damage. Also, if I switch RORs, then the second will still break when the first would. But more on topic, please only post if you know what you are talking about :evil: , such as if you have actually TDED.

llamster has some awesome level 139 main with 282 qp.

You can use the trick then.

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

O.o 282 qp? How did he pull that one off....BTW, I was being sarcastic about llamsters advice and the TD part.

Stonewall337.png

No, I wasn't fooled, as I stated I was being my normal sarcastic self. :banana:

Stonewall337.png

I have been wondering this too, and to be quite honest, I prefer the crossbow and broad bolts.

This is considering that a crystal bow shot at lowest charge cost is 72gp, and a broad bolt is 60gp, so even if you lose the bolts you're still losing less money, also considering that you can't use the crystal bow at Tormented Demons below 6/10 at best, So the cost per shot is practically doubled.

With this in mind, I use broad bolts AND a trimmed skillcape, and whether I use a shield or not depends on if I can be bothered with the hassle.

2Xeo5.png

I'd stick with broads and Diamonds. Crystal bow is good, but only for long distances. Modern crossbows deal far more damage.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Ok, thanks. This can now be locked, or kept open for more questions by others.

Stonewall337.png