Teen Fashion in the US

Deathmath

So what is 'prep' I'm really out of it. LIke really out of it. Like wear sweatpants and junk. And only have long socks. And horrible :lol:

I'm minorly disturbed because I htink everything looks good >.> Like I look horrible tbh. But in any case what stores would be best in your opinion. I'm not really big into polos honestly, any alternatives. 8-)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he's talking about would be something like Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, down to Aeropostale for us more wallet-minded.

But you can still look good if you look real close for the little stores. Sometimes you'll get surprised and find something amazing. But take someone with you (a friend, namely a girl) next time you go shopping for clothes. Everybody needs a voice of advice.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

My definition of prep is but is not limited to, someone who shops at, Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister and participates in school sports and activities. A comes from an rich family and dresses in labels like Ralph Lauren and Lacoste. A prep wears sweater vests, plays tennis, is a country club member and is destined for a top Ivy League school.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

This topic made me realize how different teen fashion and college fashion is.

I Love those lightweight golf polos!

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Haha, I can't relate to the college atmosphere yet, but I can tell you even highschool from middleschool is different, I've got pictures of me and friends from middleschool wearing what I thought was cool then (Tough guys wear pink!) things like that, and now I wear shoes that match my shirt and hat everyday, things like that that I'd never even think to do only 2 years ago.

21ed8x.jpg

My head has been in the sand. :lol:

I need to go to the mall with that girl see what she says. ;)

I just need a basic guide on high school fashion. :XD:

Believe it or not, I could write you one, it'd be about my highschool, but from what I've asked and your answers it's not that different.

Or you could write a list of tons of questions and I could answer, kind of like a Question and Answer column in a paper.

21ed8x.jpg

My head has been in the sand. :lol:

I need to go to the mall with that girl see what she says. ;)

I just need a basic guide on high school fashion. :XD:

You'll hit your stride, find your place. Probably later in your sophomore year. Everybody does.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Can you just write it out. I have so many questoins I ca'nt think of any. #-o

And len I'm beyond hopeless -.- Although I hope that's true.

Sure, but there's tons about highschool, from grades to girls, from jocks to junkies, you'll have to narrow it down for me a littlebit, maybe give me a few select topics on what you'd like to improve on or want advice on.

21ed8x.jpg

Sure, but there's tons about highschool, from grades to girls, from jocks to junkies, you'll have to narrow it down for me a littlebit, maybe give me a few select topics on what you'd like to improve on or want advice on.

Ofc. Girls & fashion. yeah... ...

Like I'm running a 4.6 and I don't plan on doing drugs...

also driving? ;P

I could try to do that, it might take a little while, I'm on april break currently but I have to help my step-dad redo my roof, but if you have aim, or myspace, or msn or anything like that then please PM me it :D

21ed8x.jpg

People who wear $200 outfits sicken me.

Because they spend their money differently than you do?

Because thay have that sort of money to waste! In my family that money would go towards food and bills, not some stupid clothes! It's throwing away money when there are cheaper alternatives. Some people can't appreciate that the money they can waste on non-essentials (big plasma screen TV anyone? New PS3 and a stack of Blue Ray DVDs?), is the sort of money that people would die for...

So, you're mad at people who make more money than you? That's jealousy, my friend.

Anyways, if you want to know what "styles" there are, just go to school, and notice what everyone wears. Once you can divide them up into groups by what they wear, you've separated the styles.

As for people who say expensive clothes are a waste, so is every other luxury, including computers, add-ons to computers, video games, etc. Seriously, don't hate because some people have jobs, unlike you middle schoolers.

mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

I get all of my clothes from:'

Abercrombie and Fitch.

DKNY.

Nautica.

Lacoste.

Very rarely, american eagle, I'm 16 if that helps at all.

Pretty branded right there, eh? There's some people at my school who only wear A&F, and nothing else at all.

What I want to say is it's okay to wear branded clothes, but don't let your whole wardrobe consist of one brand, or two or 3.

Myself, I'm pretty branded, I admit. Just recently I bought a nice 75 sweater which I really like. I have some more semi-expensive sweaters, but also cheap stuff like 15 polos.

Waist length leather jacket, usually a navy blue shirt under and simply jeans. Works in every weather (except extreme heat), plus it's comfortable. Don't really mind what other people think, you dress secondarily to 'look like something' and primarily to feel like your skin isn't too cold/wet/irritated by the wind etc.

People who wear $200 outfits sicken me.

Because they spend their money differently than you do?

Because thay have that sort of money to waste! In my family that money would go towards food and bills, not some stupid clothes! It's throwing away money when there are cheaper alternatives. Some people can't appreciate that the money they can waste on non-essentials (big plasma screen TV anyone? New PS3 and a stack of Blue Ray DVDs?), is the sort of money that people would die for...

I resent that.

Although I do admit to buying a new T.V. (26" at around £200), mostly because the one I had for years was hitting breaking point. Okay sure, I have a PS3 (£300), and I do spend a bit on CDs (over £100 so far) and blu-rays (about £70), and I am not going to factor in PS3 games and DVDs.

Anyway the point is, I had the money to spare. This was all bought over time. Sure they're non-essentials, but don't [bleep] judge people because they can afford these things. (Although I certainly buy my clothes cheap and they last for awhile.)

I suppose it's fair enough when you DO have the money to spare, but some people act like everybody has that money to spare. Also it's people that don't have the money but waste it on crap like that that annoys me I guess.

I tend to rant on about money, I resent people that have it because I don't :P

Racheya hit the nail on the head. It's not so much the person that sickens me, just the fact that they flaunt their excess cash in such a meaningless way. There are 1000 other things that that money could be spent on. And spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on clothes just seesm kind of superficial after a while. Some people understand this and do it anyway, which if they have the money to do and the maturity not to be a jerk about it I don't care much about it. It's the people that flaunt their money all over the place that piss me off.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

THe above is totally correct in my opinion. PLUS plenty of educated people in india work who are MUCH smarter than the poster who flaunts his/hr cash. And they don't have the money.