Teen Fashion in the US

Deathmath

Fashion is too expensive for me. I love the clothes at Hot Topic, but...$60 for pants? psh.

I stick to Target and Khols for my clothes. Target has some cool shirts that could be labeled as "punk" with some throw backs to the old "skater" look. Khols I usually just get pants at. Nice pair of jeans for $15. My daily outfit (including shoes) never exceeds $70. And I recently just blew $30 on Converse (I spoiled myself).

People who wear $200 outfits sicken me.

But yeah, mall stores are usually grossly over priced. An item here or there won't kill anybody, but I say stick to Target and/or Walmart. Especially if fashion isn't important to you. If it is...by all means, go to the mall and run up daddy's credit bill.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on how flat your stomach is, wear a tighter, but not conforming shirt (just don't wear loose, baggy shirts) and then wear some good ol' jeans. Seriously, just dress like any other teenager. Since you like sports, you could probably get away with wearing loose clothing like you would for athletics. A lot of athletic kids like to wear footie/soccer jerseys or just a sports enthusiast type t-shirt.

Just wear whatever you find the most comfortable and what you don't feel embarrassed about walking into public with.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I gather i'm the minority then, i love shopping. I will also at this point classify myself as a fully heterosexual male hah. I am really into design and such, i spose fashion comes hand in hand with that.

For instance i recently spent $300AU on a jacket from Country Road, it is quite the amazing and will last me 10+ years. Mind you, when i shop, i never shop expensive stuff (with the above, one off exception). You can pick up really cool stuff fairly cheaply if you take your time and don't rashly buy stuff. My favourite shop in Australia is Jay Jays, i buy most of my stuff there. Bought a pair of skinnies there and a shirt for $25 and $20 respectively, good quality stuff. I couldn't stand wearing just a plain coloured tee and jeans around the place hah. The only thing i hate shopping for is shoes, because i can never find anything i like and don't know what i want.

Depending on how flat your stomach is, wear a tighter, but not conforming shirt (just don't wear loose, baggy shirts) and then wear some good ol' jeans...

I totally agree, baggy clothes really make you look daggy, a semi-tight fitting shirt/Tshirt will generally make any outfit look half decent. We're going into winter here, so scarves are great too, maybe not in the northern hemisphere at the moment ha.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Because they spend their money differently than you do?

Because thay have that sort of money to waste! In my family that money would go towards food and bills, not some stupid clothes! It's throwing away money when there are cheaper alternatives. Some people can't appreciate that the money they can waste on non-essentials (big plasma screen TV anyone? New PS3 and a stack of Blue Ray DVDs?), is the sort of money that people would die for...

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I don't really care if people spend that much money IF they can afford it. It's the people who have go into debt buying these things that bother me.

@OP, always check the clearance racks. I rarely buy items full price and I'd prolly have only half of my wardrobe if I did. My favourite shirts were bought @ clearance prices ie 50%/75% of so it's really sweet.

All of my shirts are my brother's old ones, and I'm not even sure where I got my trousers from. It seems like I've always had them. For clothes that aren't shirts/trousers/underwear I shop at salvation army. It's extremely cheap, and they have surprisingly nice clothes, plus an enormous selection.

By the way, why does not liking wal-mart mean you are materialistic? I always though of wal-mart as the biggest consumerism/materialism corporation there is.

snowsigyy7.png

Because thay have that sort of money to waste! In my family that money would go towards food and bills, not some stupid clothes! It's throwing away money when there are cheaper alternatives. Some people can't appreciate that the money they can waste on non-essentials (big plasma screen TV anyone? New PS3 and a stack of Blue Ray DVDs?), is the sort of money that people would die for...

I resent that.

Although I do admit to buying a new T.V. (26" at around £200), mostly because the one I had for years was hitting breaking point. Okay sure, I have a PS3 (£300), and I do spend a bit on CDs (over £100 so far) and blu-rays (about £70), and I am not going to factor in PS3 games and DVDs.

Anyway the point is, I had the money to spare. This was all bought over time. Sure they're non-essentials, but don't [bleep]ing judge people because they can afford these things. (Although I certainly buy my clothes cheap and they last for awhile.)

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

I resent that.

Although I do admit to buying a new T.V. (26" at around £200), mostly because the one I had for years was hitting breaking point. Okay sure, I have a PS3 (£300), and I do spend a bit on CDs (over £100 so far) and blu-rays (about £70), and I am not going to factor in PS3 games and DVDs.

Anyway the point is, I had the money to spare. This was all bought over time. Sure they're non-essentials, but don't [bleep] judge people because they can afford these things. (Although I certainly buy my clothes cheap and they last for awhile.)

I suppose it's fair enough when you DO have the money to spare, but some people act like everybody has that money to spare. Also it's people that don't have the money but waste it on crap like that that annoys me I guess.

I tend to rant on about money, I resent people that have it because I don't :P

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

All of the above is true and not materialistic pretentious: bad word usage ::'

Thanks for the advice though. :)

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

I'm not one for fashion, I just wear what's comfortable and only make sure that it looks reasonably ok in public. Jeans are a good bet, but don't waste your money on anything unnecessarily expensive, it isn't worth it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

What you wear really does depend on who you are and where you live. I live in a (not bragging) wealthy 97% white town, close to everyone wears polos every day for boys, and cute abercrombie tops for girls. Compared to if you live in a not as wealthy neighborhood, you won't find that as much.

That's not a stereotype by the way, it's the truth.

I'm sure you probably already said it, but what type of neighborhood do you live in and what do you and your friends like to do? Sports - Adidas/Nike, Prep - Abercrombie/Holister, etc.

----------------

Now playing: Akon - Sunny Day Ft. Wyclef

via FoxyTunes

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

If you don't know what you like then just get whatever is comfortable or cheap. If you're intent on looking in the hip though, just get something from hollister. You'll look like a tool

There we go. Better.

1. But shirt. Doesn't really matter, just a shirt. I prefer solid colors.

2. Buy jeans. Cheap jeans. If people really like that faded look, really cheap jeans will quickly fade and/or rip.

3. Buy hat. Baseball cap style if posdible. If not, bowler derby.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

What you wear really does depend on who you are and where you live. I live in a (not bragging) wealthy 97% white town, close to everyone wears polos every day for boys, and cute abercrombie tops for girls. Compared to if you live in a not as wealthy neighborhood, you won't find that as much.

I'm sure you probably already said it, but what type of neighborhood do you live in and what do you and your friends like to do? Sports - Adidas/Nike, Prep - Abercrombie/Holister, etc.

----------------

via FoxyTunes

Way upper middle class. 70% white 30% smarty asian.

And I live in the 'poor part of town' house is 'only' 500k

People mostly wears Ts, there are some polos.

Right now I have no social life due to my surgery, I'm a sports person. I'm also thought of as a smart person >.>

Also do model UN, acadec.

A forum somewhat revolving around Abercrombie and Fitch style: http://www.topicstyle.com/

General style advice: http://www.askmen.com/fashion/

If you're on a budget, you want to go to Kohls, Old Navy, and TJ Maxx. The stuff there looks just as good as most things from Abercrombie and Fitch, Aeropostale, and American Eagle. The quality isn't as top notch and you'll feel a difference, but they're cheap enough. Although you can really get some steals on the clearance rack at American Eagle, and Aeropostale is usually pretty cheap. Anyway, I would go to those sites as well as check what people are wearing on ae.com or aeropostale.com for different clothing combinations. Right now spring is approaching so it's pretty easy to wear what most highschoolers are wearing. Get some form fitting graphic T's or polos. Flat front light brown shorts (cargo's on the way out), or plaid if that's more your thing. You shouldn't have to pay more than $10 a shirt or $15 for shorts. You've got some time til winter when if you want to be stylish you'll want to layer, but as for now since most likely the weather is warming up it shouldn't be hard to pick a good outfit. Make sure your jeans/shorts and shirt are form fitting, and you should be good to go.

And lastly, check deal sites: http://dealnews.com/categories/Clothing ... ter=c:203;

http://www.bargainist.com/

[hide=]

----------------

via FoxyTunes

Right now I have no social life due to my surgery, I'm a sports person. I'm also thought of as a smart person >.>

[/hide]

Alright, well from that I've got some more to go on to give you more "fashion tips".

Even though people say, just wear what's comfortable, who cares about brands, many people do care about brands, it's how this world is, materialistic. It's hard to go from goth to prep, but not so hard to go from sporty t-shirt to prep. That's what I'd do at least, my town sounds alot like yours, minus the azns, and close to everyone does wear polos as I said you don't have to nessecarely wear polos to be considered a prep of course, you could just as easily buy t's but it's the store you buy them at.

I'd check out online deals because they're a lot of sales online from expensive stores believe it or not.

One more question, what do people in your town wear for clothing styles in the majority currently? What brands?

21ed8x.jpg

Jeans and a leather jacket. Feel nerdy? Pop 'em on. Along with a faded, older T-shirt, some aviators. Carry a motorcycle helmet, but still have perfect hair.

You will get laidfriends.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

[hide=]

----------------

via FoxyTunes

[/hide]

Alright, well from that I've got some more to go on to give you more "fashion tips".

Even though people say, just wear what's comfortable, who cares about brands, many people do care about brands, it's how this world is, materialistic. It's hard to go from goth to prep, but not so hard to go from sporty t-shirt to prep. That's what I'd do at least, my town sounds alot like yours, minus the azns, and close to everyone does wear polos as I said you don't have to nessecarely wear polos to be considered a prep of course, you could just as easily buy t's but it's the store you buy them at.

I'd check out online deals because they're a lot of sales online from expensive stores believe it or not.

One more question, what do people in your town wear for clothing styles in the majority currently? What brands?

There is a lot of skater (crap) being worn. Brands are like pacsun, (a&f for jeans >.>), volcom, and quiksilver. I"ll think but I htink that's it

[hide=]

[hide=]

----------------

via FoxyTunes

[/hide]

There is a lot of skater (crap) being worn. Brands are like pacsun, (a&f for jeans >.>), volcom, and quiksilver. I"ll think but I htink that's it

[/hide]

Ah, alright, so you're school is semi like mine. We have the few skaters that shop at Journeys and Pacsun to buy Bullhead jeans and volcom t's. Have you tried wearing the same? I mean it's not necessary to wear the same clothes to fit in, but it couldn't hurt to try it, Pacsun is relatively cheap. I used to wear alot of skating clothes, quicksilver, volcom, DC, and even some FOX dirtbiking clothes up until highschool, when I got to highschool I decided I wanted to change my style of clothing, and personality, from non-caring c student skater, to preppy jock, that's where I'm at now, as a sophomore (10th grade) and that's where I'd like to stay for the rest of highschool.

21ed8x.jpg

Style is something that you cannot define or put a "go here to be cool".

I myself am a mishmash of style. Polos and button up shirts, throw a sprots jersey on or grab a t-shirt that could of come from the 80's.

My best advice is to shop clearance and experiment until you find whats comfortable to you.

I dont think it's bad to spend money on clothes, but logistically, I'm 21, not growing any taller so my stuff should fit for awhile.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln