cheap/good laptop able to run HD

saladplease

ok the computer (windows xp) i have now cant run hd when i try it switchs to the help page, but its my birthday soon and i would like to play hd but i have no idea what to look for in quality laptops, any help?? ::' ::'

if you are willing to show laptops then preferably it needs to be in the uk, im not sure of buying them on ebay. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bobby681.png

Moved.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

OS preference? OS X, Windows, Linux, etc?

Is that the only thing you're looking for in a machine? To play Runescape High Definition or High Definition in general?

Is there a specific place you want to buy it from? Online or in-store?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Price limit? And whatever you do don't get a mac, they are over priced so bad. People pay up to fifteen hundred dollars to see an apple on their pc. It really is sad.
Eh, I beg to differ, but to each their own.

A few question before hand:

Budget, how much are you willing to pay?

Do you want a webcam?

Is weight an issue?

What about screen size and resolution?

Are you looking for support, such as from a manufacturer like HP, Asus, Toshiba, etc? Or a better way to phrase this, are you tech savvy and/or enjoy troubleshooting your own issues?

Any other specific features you must have?

We could recommend laptops all day but I don't want to recommend something that you aren't going to use. Right now you're in the ballpark of below a desktop replacement and above a netbook, which is a pretty large category.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

i would say the limit has to be £500-600

i would like a webcam in case i wanna start a blog or something, weight isnt an issue and the screen size nothing below 17 inch plz, and any thrown in free helpline etc in the price would be ok but isnt a top priority, my family are good with computers thankfully lol!

if there are laptops which come with Microsoft office would be good

a good all rounder is what i want really, something that can play runescape hd but is fast and has a good amount of space and memory , gigs or ram i think they call it lol

Bobby681.png

Well, I'm going to give you American links, if that is okay, but the laptops will be in your price range, I'm sure you can get the same prices over there. For what you are willing to spend you can get a laptop with some of the best specs possible, even though it might not seem like it.

Get this one in my opinion, it would be like 500 euros? or around there. It has 4 gigs of ram, so it can do a lot of [cabbage], a large hard drive, 17 inch screen, a semi good graphics card, webcam, and it's cheap. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=MQ35QNE54DO15KC4D3EVAHA?skuId=9032986&type=product&id=1218010538308 If you don't want that particular one, get another hp or a dell. They are cheap, and have a lot of power for the price. But honestly, the hp I linked is one of the best available right now.

UK is bit more expensive it seems. But here's a link to MicroDirect with a 17" desktop replacement notebook. It's worth noting that 17" at this price is a marketing gimmick to make customers feel as if you're getting a good deal. However, this resolution is subpar nearly hitting the resolution on my 13.3" notebook. In any case, to get a decent screen on a 17", you're going to have to shell out far more cash.

In any case:

2.2Ghz Turion X2

17"

Mobile 3450 with 512GB dedicated memory (I would call MicroDirect beforehand to double check. I had to Google the computer model to find the GPU.)

160GB HDD

2Gb? RAM

You could get a smaller inch screen and get far better performance.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

UK is bit more expensive it seems. But here's a link to MicroDirect with a 17" desktop replacement notebook. It's worth noting that 17" at this price is a marketing gimmick to make customers feel as if you're getting a good deal. however, this resolution is subpar nearly hitting the resolution on my 13.3" notebook. In any case, to get a decent screen on a 17", you're going to have to shell out far more cash.

In any case:

2.2Ghz Turion X2

17"

Mobile 3450 with 512GB dedicated memory (I would call MicroDirect beforehand to double check. I had to Google the computer model to find the GPU.)

160GB HDD

2Gb? RAM

I'm assuming that is in his price range, and if it is, those specs are terrible. 2g of ram and a 160g hdd? They are starting to come out with 6 gigs of ram and 500 gig hdd, for about 1000 euros(at least in America) If you buy a computer with 2 g and 160 it will be considered obsolete in a year, especially since the new windows should be out by then.

UK is bit more expensive it seems. But here's a link to MicroDirect with a 17" desktop replacement notebook. It's worth noting that 17" at this price is a marketing gimmick to make customers feel as if you're getting a good deal. however, this resolution is subpar nearly hitting the resolution on my 13.3" notebook. In any case, to get a decent screen on a 17", you're going to have to shell out far more cash.

In any case:

2.2Ghz Turion X2

17"

160GB HDD

2Gb? RAM

I'm assuming that is in his price range, and if it is, those specs are terrible. 2g of ram and a 160g hdd? They are starting to come out with 6 gigs of ram and 500 gig hdd, for about 1000 euros(at least in America) If you buy a computer with 2 g and 160 it will be considered obsolete in a year, especially since the new windows should be out by then.

If all he wants to do is play RSHD, perhaps not. I couldn't find many 17" laptops with decent specs on UK sites within his price range, but then again, I haven't much experience with them. RAM shouldn't be too big of an issue here with a 512MB GPU. I agree however that the specs are quite weak.

EDIT: forgot to add the link in the above post. :P

hopesolopatriot.jpg

In any case:

2.2Ghz Turion X2

17"

160GB HDD

2Gb? RAM

It is already obsolete, but if it's just for RSHD, that's alright.

Asus X71SL

17.1" - 1440x900

3.7kg

C2D 2ghz

3gb ram

320gb sata (doesn't say 5400rpm or 7200rpm)

Geforce 9300m 512mb

Vista Business

593£

I think Mylez here on the forum shopped from the before, so ask him about Dabs.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Asus X71SL

17.1" - 1440x900

3.7kg

C2D 2ghz

3gb ram

320gb sata (doesn't say 5400rpm or 7200rpm)

Geforce 9300m 512mb

Vista Business

593£

I think Mylez here on the forum shopped from the before, so ask him about Dabs.

That is about the same specs and almost the same model of laptop I use for college. That laptop is totally worth it.

In any case:

2.2Ghz Turion X2

17"

160GB HDD

2Gb? RAM

I agree. Everyone uses 6GB's of RAM, even Crysis + AVG running scans doesn't use it, but RS HD + Crysis + AVG will OWN 6GB of RAM. It's not like those 3 App's run FINE on 2GB QUALITY RAM.

160GB HDD, we all need 500GB. We all DL tons of p r0nz + Music/Moves/TV series. It's not like a Desktop is used for it. People must be stupid in this sub-forum.

onyx7890.png

Current goal: Legends, Regicide, Roving Elf's, Barrows RFD, 95+ Attack.

In any case:

2.2Ghz Turion X2

17"

That's not the point dude, the point is, if he's going to be spending that much, he might as well buy a computer with better specs? And not get ripped off?

160GB HDD

2Gb? RAM

I agree. Everyone uses 6GB's of RAM, even Crysis + AVG running scans doesn't use it, but RS HD + Crysis + AVG will OWN 6GB of RAM. It's not like those 3 App's run FINE on 2GB QUALITY RAM.

160GB HDD, we all need 500GB. We all DL tons of p r0nz + Music/Moves/TV series. It's not like a Desktop is used for it. People must be stupid in this sub-forum.