Sims 3

RayOxide

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. How could I get the extra .5GB of RAM I need? :o

Is there any magical way to get it or do I need a new computer...? (if i'm just talking crap, don't blame me, I have no idea what all this really is...) :ohnoes:

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

You can buy a RAM card/disk (Whatever its called) and replace your computers one with the one you bought.

Easier to ask in Tech advice :P

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Depends if you have a motherboard that supports DDR/DDR2 (or I guess DDR3, but I doubt it) and it also depends on how much your motherboard supports.

4GB (usually 2x2GB sticks) is like $35 these days, cheap as [cabbage]. Unless you have a dinosaur motherboard in which you'll pay more for DDR.

I got a ram upgrade to 2gb a few weeks ago actually (I had 502mb... WTF was I doing??)

Just go down to your nearest computer repair store or place, somewhere like PC world would rip you off so somewhere more local is probably better. I just paid about £26 for my memory, he installed it and everything.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I got a ram upgrade to 2gb a few weeks ago actually (I had 502mb... WTF was I doing??)

Just go down to your nearest computer repair store or place, somewhere like PC world would rip you off so somewhere more local is probably better. I just paid about £26 for my memory, he installed it and everything.

Local shops own chain places. :D

And I have a 460MB RAM thingy, so yeah. I'm worse off. Sims 2 ran ok on my computer. It had a bit of lag though.

Verify needed:

Apparently you can tone down the options from the default setting to make them run on a slightly worse computer?

Local shops own chain places. :D

And I have a 460MB RAM thingy, so yeah. I'm worse off. Sims 2 ran ok on my computer. It had a bit of lag though.

Verify needed:

Apparently you can tone down the options from the default setting to make them run on a slightly worse computer?

You can change it so the texture is lower quality and that yeah, I know on my laptop it set them all the lowest by default and said it wouldn't run right if it was higher.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Where the hell will I buy these things? :anxious:

newegg is the cheapest if you are in the US (or canada now I believe too). If you don't buy online than I would go to a local store, although best buy usually isn't too expensive on ram.

To be honest, I like playing Sims Story modes on conoles more than just living out a life in Free Play on CPU.

I make my own story on PC ::'

[hide=teehee]I'll make a RayOxide sim (though I don't know what you look like). You'll be working part-time at the Divisadero Budget Books. You'll have the slob, evil, ambitious, flirty and mooch trait and you'll be having an affair with Cornelia Goth :lol:[/hide]

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I make my own story on PC ::'

[hide=teehee]I'll make a RayOxide sim (though I don't know what you look like). You'll be working part-time at the Divisadero Budget Books. You'll have the slob, evil, ambitious, flirty and mooch trait and you'll be having an affair with Cornelia Goth :lol:[/hide]

Eww books, make it something music or gamelike and you got that.

Usually I have my Sim with 1 point on neatness and 6 on the rest \'

And I'm guessing Cornelia Goth isnt cool? :(

Has anyone tried playing on a Mac yet? I just ordered the baseline 13" Macbook Pro and was wondering if it would run smoothly.

If it has Mac OS X it will - and I guess it does.

Check specs

Bought this game a few days ago, having a blast.

Made a kleptomaniac,evil old man and he kept going around laughing at peoples misfortunes. he evil found the cemetry a fun place to be. too bad he swiped a lamppost and i had to return the thing to its owners.

He refused to get a job, so made his fortune fishing all day :lol:

He finally fell in love and woohoo'd plenty before his wife went all grumpy and died coming out of the toilet rofl.

Really loving this game, never was into sims or sims2 much. This one has got my attention :thumbsup:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Made a kleptomaniac,evil old man and he kept going around laughing at peoples misfortunes. he evil found the cemetry a fun place to be. too bad he swiped a lamppost and i had to return the thing to its owners.

He refused to get a job, so made his fortune fishing all day :lol:

He finally fell in love and woohoo'd plenty before his wife went all grumpy and died coming out of the toilet rofl.

Really loving this game, never was into sims or sims2 much. This one has got my attention :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He finally fell in love and woohoo'd plenty before his wife went all grumpy and died coming out of the toilet.

Epic. :lol: :lol:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I hope you didn't just flush the ashes down the toilet :lol:

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

Lmao Rach :lol:

Once again, like normal, when I get The Sims 3, I'll make one house with a girl I plan on my main guy liking / marrying / whatever I decide on, and another house with my main guy, so I dont have to control 2 :D

Lmao Rach :lol:

Once again, like normal, when I get The Sims 3, I'll make one house with a girl I plan on my main guy liking / marrying / whatever I decide on, and another house with my main guy, so I dont have to control 2 :D

Uh, I'm not sure, but I don't think you can do that in the Sims 3. Instead of saving the house, you save separate game files.

tipitsig.png

You dont just control one family in one house you can control 2 families in 2 houses.

So I'm going to make them like that :S?

I hope you didn't just flush the ashes down the toilet :lol:

i stuck the ashes in the graveyard, for some reason only the hubby could pick the ashes up, even thought we had a lodger (who i was planning on having the hubby seduce ).

but can you flush em down the loo? i know you can with fish lol.(i killed one just to experience it :mrgreen: )

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

i stuck the ashes in the graveyard, for some reason only the hubby could pick the ashes up, even thought we had a lodger (who i was planning on having the hubby seduce ).

but can you flush em down the loo? i know you can with fish lol.(i killed one just to experience it :mrgreen: )

I read that in MTS forums, I haven't tried it though. I'm kinda sad you can't drown your sims now since they still get out of the pool even if you delete the pool handle things :| How did your sim's wife die? Old age? And I love that klepto trait haha.

If you key in "testingcheatsenabled true", shift+left click makes you teleport. Teleport to a vacant house, look in the windows then teleport inside. Your sim can nick stuff, mine stole a computer :twisted:

vv05c.png

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS