f2p dragon slayer

Kinosjourney

Sorry for posting again in such a short notice.

But im considering doing dragon slayer but im worrying about my stats being to low, heres my stats:

33 HP

25 Atk

24 Str

21 Def

40 Range

18 Prayer

18 Magic

I can level atk, str and def to 30 pretty fast. Will it work with either 40 range or 30 in def, atk and str? thanks for reading atleast :thumbup:

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Ok, ill level my combat stats as high as possible tomorrow and then do all req quests. I g2g to bed now so i won't be training anymore today :?

Well, thanks for the tips. I will get runes for curse so i can get those last 7 magic levels for the Warrock Teleport spell.

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

Actually no Ancient, there was this lvl 7 I think, who done Dragon Slayer in F2P, but she had help from a friend waiting outside for her to give her food.

a70kf.png

Divine Forces | #DF on irc.seersirc.net | Most Motivated |

http://rs-df.com/forums

Leave friends n' stuff, get your lvls at least up to 40, grab some mithril armour and an addy scimmy, and pwn the dragon with some trouts or salmons OR tunas. Because there's no use of range. There ARE safespots, but it's impossible to predict that weather the dragon will start attacking you with melee or fire-breath, and for that you need a an anti-dragon shield which you can use only with crossbow and that's only till bronze in f2p :!: . (Btw i killed elvarg at 45 with full rune and rune chainbody :P )

defensecapecombined.gif14/07/10

hitcapecombined.gif12/07/10

attackcapecombined.gif13/08/09

strengthcapecombined.gif07/07/09

I killed elvarg at 45 attack etc with rune platebody etc. I also took antifire and prayer potions with me and heaps of lobsters. A good prayer level will be helpful too.

If you need a rune platebody, I have one that I no longer use that you can buy.

witchylucy.png

Haha, no point. You can have 500 lobs, and you'd still die. If you have that low hp the dragon will breath fire on you before you eat, and kill you instantly. Get your skills up brother, it's worth it.

I've seen dragon slayer done at level 3 with rings of recoil...

I did it at 42 combat (I think) and didn't have any trouble.

Haha, no point. You can have 500 lobs, and you'd still die. If you have that low hp the dragon will breath fire on you before you eat, and kill you instantly. Get your skills up brother, it's worth it.

a level 3 could not do it with just recoils but poison would help but there is irelivent since this is about ftp dragon slayer

a level 3 could not do it with just recoils but poison would help but there is irelivent since this is about ftp dragon slayer

I didn't see the f2p part :twss:

Maybe you could try with pvp items?

I didn't see the f2p part :twss:

Maybe you could try with pvp items?

the title

I would say at least 40 each for melee stats. Bring a strength potion, and either lobsters or swordfish. Use a scimmy on slash, preferably rune. Use at least mith with adamant armor or just adamant or rune and adamant or just rune. Bring dragonfire shield and a tele. If you have 40 in each melee stat like I did, I used about 3 swordies. Good luck.

PM me for fitocracy invite

I would say at least 40 each for melee stats. Bring a strength potion, and either lobsters or swordfish. Use a scimmy on slash, preferably rune. Use at least mith with adamant armor or just adamant or rune and adamant or just rune. Bring dragonfire shield and a tele. If you have 40 in each melee stat like I did, I used about 3 swordies. Good luck.

I hate to break it to ya, but there is no such thing as a dfs in f2p.

I hate to break it to ya, but there is no such thing as a dfs in f2p.

before the dfs they wer named dragonfire shield and renamed antifireshield

Since you're F2P, the best weapon you can use against Elvarg is a rune longsword. Elvarg has a stab weakness, use that to your advantage.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Since you're F2P, the best weapon you can use against Elvarg is a rune longsword. Elvarg has a stab weakness, use that to your advantage.

Theres someone whos helping, thanks ill try that.

I've done it before with a level 35 wearing adamant and it was pretty easy with lobs and pot, ill train my atk, str and def to 30+ today then ill go for D-slayer. Wish me goodluck ;)

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

lnoyh.png

magic anyone? -.- thats how i plan to do it on my 10atk 33str 40def char...

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

I don't know if you can do it at 30 but I have done it with my melee stats at around 40 (maybe a bit higher by a few levels, I know defense was 45) wielding a rune scimitar (using slash), wearing a full set of rune (the pieces you can wear without this quest), a strength potion, super human strength prayer, and an inventory full of anchovy pizza.

Yeah, sorry, I meant antifire shield. I did it when we didn't even have summoning or construction yet, so names have changed.

Maging drags (except metals) is FAILBOAT. They are wearing head to toe dhide. Why even try unless you are a high level P2P mage? Melee is much better.

Scim is faster than longsword and longsword can sometimes be hard to buy. Scim is cheap and easy, and is very effective. Lobsters and a strength pot. And tele. That's it.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Yeah, sorry, I meant antifire shield. I did it when we didn't even have summoning or construction yet, so names have changed.

Maging drags (except metals) is FAILBOAT. They are wearing head to toe dhide. Why even try unless you are a high level P2P mage? Melee is much better.

Scim is faster than longsword and longsword can sometimes be hard to buy. Scim is cheap and easy, and is very effective. Lobsters and a strength pot. And tele. That's it.

Rune Longsword is currently 19k at the moment, while rune scimitar is currently 33k. So no, longswords are easier to buy actually.

I've done Dragon Slayer, and first time I tried using a rune scim, it was FAIL.

Then, I heard about Elvarg's stab weakness, so I used a rune long on her the second time. It works wonders.

Keep in mind that ALL dragons, including metal dragons, have a noticeable stab weakness.

Whoever said magic is useful against Elvarg, is an idiot. Unless it's metal dragons, you will just keep splashing 0 on dragons.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention