A first 99?

Tainaith

Hello, all!

I'm trying for a first 99, preferably the "easiest" one, in reference to time. (I'm not after anything special, I just want to beat a bragging friend to something for once =P)

What skillcape should I go for? A very quick idea of how I should go about it would also help.

Many thanks!

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

*1100 Dominion Bosses defeated*

Heroes of Newerth player -- IGN: SaveTehPanda

StarCraft 2 player -- IGN: plasmaJelly

fm or cooking

cooking is easy and cheap. if u concentrate u can cook more then 4k on a day.

i suggest doing it at rouge s den since the bank is very near to a fire. use cooking guantulets and sell everything you cook

i wanted to get it so i asked , and got this(all lvls and money req)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=782434&p=6430353&hilit=cooking#p6430353

chonchoso.png

Quest Cape achieved on 27/4/09but nomad is preventing me to get it back...

New-wave tried to destroy the metal, but the metal had its way

Grunge then tried to dethrone the metal, but metal was in the way

Punk-rock tried to destroy the metal, but metal was much too strong

Techno tried to defile the metal, but techno was proven wrong

Yea!Metal!

It comes from hell!

Firemaking, since you are already at 81.

If not then you can go with cooking which is one of the fastest and easiest 99's to get.

Monks/Swords till 94 then sharks till 99.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Firemaking is currently the fastest for you at level 81.

Burn any logs you have in bank. Buy, depending on your amount of money, maples or yews to 99. That's pretty much it. If you want one for money, fletching could be an option, or combat. Firemaking is probably fastest for you though.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Firemaking is currently the fastest for you at level 81.

Burn any logs you have in bank. Buy, depending on your amount of money, maples or yews to 99. That's pretty much it. If you want one for money, fletching could be an option, or combat. Firemaking is probably fastest for you though.

maples is still fast

Actually thieving would be the best to go for. It's a fairly rare skillcape, and just as nearly as fast as cooking and fletching. The cape actually looks good compaired to the other two, and it will get more respect.

At 71 thieving it is 150k an out

81 is 180k

91 is 200k+

Those above figures may be slightly off, and they are all from pyramid plunder.

Stellactic.gif

Actually thieving would be the best to go for. It's a fairly rare skillcape, and just as nearly as fast as cooking and fletching. The cape actually looks good compaired to the other two, and it will get more respect.

At 71 thieving it is 150k an out

81 is 180k

91 is 200k+

Those above figures may be slightly off, and they are all from pyramid plunder.

Doesn't blackjack get more exp?

If you're looking for the easiest 99, your options are Firemaking, Cooking, Fletching, and Thieving.

When I decided to get a 99 of one of these, I chose which one I like the best.

Because of the emote, and the fact that I like fire, (pyro ftw) I chose Firemaking.

It's really up to you. ::'

P.s: At the time, I burned mages, yews, and euca logs. But that was back when I was merchanting and spent over 4.5M on it.

Fletching is really easy (I got 90 fletch in 2 weeks but I had to go out for an entire week for holidays! So it would take about a week to get to 90), so getting to 99 would take 1 month max. Although it is really common to have a 99 fletch skillcape, its just as common as firemaking and cooking :D

And if you get any easy 99 when you get a harder one later on it will automatically trim. Thats what Im planning to do :D

I'd suggest firemaking if you want a quick 99, I can see you are already a fair way there. I'd suggest burning maple logs if you don't want to spend much, or yews if you want it really quick. Hunter is fairly quick too, it took my friend 3 months to get it though, only because he is lazy, spent about 4-5 hours max a week on hunter and barely did anything, and stopped for 2 whole months. If you are determined you can get it in about 3-4 weeks, and make some decent cash in the process :)

disturbeda.png

I'm probably going with Firemaking for a first, then a harder one, but I burnt myself out on it (No pun intended).

Should I go ahead and get the flame ring/gloves?

Tainaith.png

*99 Cooking Achieved: 4th of July, 2009--99 Fishing Achieved: Christmas Day, 2009--99 Woodcutting Achieved: May 4th, 2010--99 Magic Achieved: September 11, 2010--99 Fletching Achieved: June 14th, 2012--2000 Total Achieved: July 2nd, 2012*

The ring and gloves weren't around when I was firemaking, but from what I've heard they can save quite a bit of xp, like say burning 30k maple logs. Any xp is xp, so I'd say go ahead and get it. =]

How long did it take you without the items?

Tainaith.png