140m spent.

200k oak planks.

98 Levels.

72 hours of training.

30 Rooms.

6m in Butler fees.

2 Glorious Crystal Thrones.

1 Amazing Goal.

Well, I have quiet a story. As some of you remember, or care about, I managed a solo Armadyl Hilt back when they were 141m, the day of the trade restrictions. It changed my RS career. With that money, I went from 64-70 construction, so I could build a gilded alter. Well, later, I had 60m left over from that hilt, and no idea what to do with it. I decided to achieve 90 Construction, an a crystal throne. I found the skill very enjoyable, and quickly fell in love with designing, gathering materials, and building my house into a mansion. Once I reached my goal of 90, I deiced not to train it again: I thought I had achieved my goal.

Nearly a year later, I remember the skill. How much fun I had with it, and how much I loved it. I thought to myself, "For a joke, lets see how much it would cost." 55m for the planks, and even more for butler fees. Bloody hell, why not? I fired up the old Kree'arra solo'ing techniques, and was off to attempt to raise 60m. I managed to raise 10m to buy 92 before becoming broke again. There was no way in hell I could mine 60m worth of runite, so down into the dungeon I went. I quickly realized how costly trips were. I was using 220k worth of supplies atleast, for only 4-6 kills, and the odds of a drop were miniscule. I looked around the rest of the world, trying to find a viable combat option for money. The answer came in the form of Tormented Demons. I had to raise some 31 QP, but I was down the in lair where the Stone once was, and slaying the Demons. After losing my Void melee and range, I find my rhythm for the killing, and find myself with a Claw drop. Celebrate! 96 Construction banked! Training is tedious, but fast. Still, I needed a break, so I went back down to TD's. Low-and-behold, after a handful of kills, I am granted with my second Claws. There's 99! Now I just need the time and focus, something I haven't been known for having. Still, thanks to my clan chat, I made it. Onto the levels. No SC tools, no Mahogany Tables, no Demon Butler, no mousekeys. Good old fashion training.

The drops that funded my Goal

[hide=]ArmadylHilt.png

DragonClaws.png

Picture1-5.png[/hide]

Level 51-60

[hide=]51Construction.png

52Construction.png

53Construction.png

54Construction.png

55Construction.png

56Construction.png

57Construction.png

58Construction.png

59Construction.png

60Construction.png[/hide]

Levels 61-70

[hide=]61Construction.png

62Construction.png

64Construction.png

65Construction.png

66Construction.png

67Construction.png

68Construction.png

69Construction.png

70Construction.png[/hide]

Levels 71-80

[[hide=]IMG]http://i720.photobucket.com/albums/ww208/Airless_Wing/71Construction.png[/img]

72Construction.png

73Construction.png

74Construction.png

75Construction.png

76Construction.png

77Construction.png

78Construction.png

79Construction.png

80Construction.png[/hide]

Levels 81-89

[hide=]81Construction.png

82Construction.png

83Construction.png

84Construction.png

85Construction.png

86Construction.png

87Construction.png

88Construction.png

89Construction.png[/hide]

Level 90

90Construction-1.png

90Construction2-1.png

Levels 91-98

[hide=]91Construction.png

92Construction.png

93Construction-1.png

94Construction-1.png

95Construction.png

96Construction.png

97Construction.png

98Construction.png[/hide]

And now...

99Construction.png

99Construction2.png

This is without a doubt, my favorite achievement to date. I've worked extremely hard for it, and it has all paid off. I have a House Design that, if you would like to see/play in, come to world 31 Rimmington anytime soon, or just PM me. I dunno what is next. I'll be hosting house parties in world 31, but, more importantly, I have exams soon, as well as a Summer to look forward too.

Thank you for reading. I really do appreciate it, and I hope that I inspire somebody to go for a crazy goal, or do what they want, because it's all about fun. As long as you have fun, you are doing what you love.

Picture5-1.png

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

You've certainly inspired me! <3: 11/10 Next time I have an impossible goal, I'll think of you :thumbsup:

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

Nice! I absolutely love Construction, as well as the cape. 9/10

Pictures of your Crystal Thrones?

Look at my 90 and 99 Con pictures. You'll see them.

You've certainly inspired me! <3: 11/10 Next time I have an impossible goal, I'll think of you :thumbsup:

It's people like you that made my publish my Magic Guide, and keep playing. Thank you.

Thank you for the posts everybody. When I log on, I'll be having house parties, so, if you want a visit, get your combat gear! 8-)

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I love the story :) It reminds me a bit of myself actually. Particularly when you said "For a joke, lets see how much it would cost." Achieving 99 is so satisfying when once upon a time it felt like it would be impossible to obtain.

Congratulations - it's one of the most fun/unique 99s in my opinion :) 10/10.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Nice cape and nice 99. I can't even remeber when arma hilts were 141m, so that musta been nice also :twss:

League of Legends Referal link: http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4e55a571778d2633364408

"Life is short, and shortly it will end, Death comes quickly which respects no one, Death destroys everything and takes pity on no one"

Drops: 8whips, 28dboots, 1hand cannon, 2 dmeds 3dskirts 2 dbows

99s(in order): Attack Constitution Defence