banned for helping a friend....

Def4Ever4

hello,9 days ago(11 May) My friend asked me to help him on the quest horror from the deep,He asked me what were the colors

for the dag mum.I could not remember the right colors and their matches so I told him to go to tip.it and search there.

9 days later(today),10 minutes ago,I got disconnected from my account and I've got the message that I got disabled from the account.I sent them an appeal message.

Do you think they will accept the appeal?

Do you think the ban was for good?

I spent so much time on this account,also some money for 3 months membership.I want it back so much :pray:

also thanks for viewing this thread/commenting

Hint for in the future

"there are many popular runescape fansites where you can find your answer"

Just don't mention any particular fansite - that counts as website advertising

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

First off, did you tell him to go to tip.it in public chat or private chat? If you said it in public chat, I'm sorry, but that was stupid (how many people have to receive bans from wanna-be-mods before people learn not to do stuff like this in private chat?). If you said it in private chat, you need a new friend.

I would hope they'd accept the appeal (it's not like they're negotiating with the site admins or anything) and, no, I do not believe you deserve the ban, but, again, watch what you say and where you say it.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

First off, did you tell him to go to tip.it in public chat or private chat? If you said it in public chat, I'm sorry, but that was stupid (how many people have to receive bans from wanna-be-mods before people learn not to do stuff like this in private chat?). If you said it in private chat, you need a new friend.

I would hope they'd accept the appeal (it's not like they're negotiating with the site admins or anything) and, no, I do not believe you deserve the ban, but, again, watch what you say and where you say it.

thanks for the help acenator,now I understand what I did wrong.

Try and appeal it:

Will I get into trouble for discussing a recognised fansite in-game?

No.

Not sure if it counts as discussing or not though.

If I wont get my account back after this appeal I might mention this.Thanks a lot!

I thought we were allowed to mention fansite names just not web addresses? If that is true all I could guess it that "Tip.it" looks like a web address because of the "." and that "Rune Tips" might be what we are allowed to mention. If we aren't allowed to mention the names of fansites someone please say so on this thread. I'll be sure to check back.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

According to a thread on RSOF. Tip.it is a site that you are allow'd to mention but not advertise. So you souldn't have been reported for it.

I did not advertise Tip.It,I only said to my friend its a site that can help him do his quest(horror from the deep).

Just to let you know, advertising websites aren't a bannable offense. It's easier to go to check in your appeal offenses section and tell us what rule you broke, then we can confirm your likelyhood of being unbanned.

^ You should do as he said.

Anyway, you could submit your account name on the thread on the rsof about bans etc? I don't know much about it since I never saw it, but I'm not sure if you just got banned if you can post there. Someone should review your case though, since it's not breaking any rule to talk about tip.it.

i would have thought that from the tip it and jagex partnership thing, that tip it would be allowed, as clearly jagex recognises it's status and quality. maybe i'm wrong, but if jagex have banned you, then that's just stupid.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1