Armored Zombies vs Zombie Monkeys

warrior5024

Lately, to raise my Melees, I've been training at Zombie Monkeys because of the relative Afk'ness, little cost, and great Exp. However, many have been praising Armored Zombies, and I'm wondering if they make that much of a difference to switch? I enjoy Zombie Monkeys, and, since the 50k an hour cost isn't drastic, they make for good training, but is it worth it to switch?

I am currently 84 Attack, 88 Strength, and 94 Defense.

Thank you,

Warrior5024

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Armored zombies MAKE money. And they drop charms. They do give slightly less xp. Unless you're super rich and don't care about Summoning at all, go to Armored zombies.

From what I've seen though the charms they drop are pretty insignificant. Plus, I can make 450k an hour steadily, so I don't much care about picking up a few oak planks (I'm done with Oak planks, after 200k of them! #-o )

I'd rather get my melees up quickly and go to Waterfiends then receive minimal charms from zombies.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Armored zombies MAKE money. And they drop charms. They do give slightly less xp. Unless you're super rich and don't care about Summoning at all, go to Armored zombies.

From what I've seen though the charms they drop are pretty insignificant. Plus, I can make 450k an hour steadily, so I don't much care about picking up a few oak planks (I'm done with Oak planks, after 200k of them! #-o )

I'd rather get my melees up quickly and go to Waterfiends then receive minimal charms from zombies.

They don't realy drop minimal charms and the blues will add up.

The insignificant charms add up. And so does Oak planks. You can pick up drops without losing any time if you time your pickups correctly. If you can only make 450k/hour, and the difference in profit is ~100k/hour, then you shouldn't go to Monkeys. They only give like 5k more xp/hour.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Zombie Monkeys require a strong Summon, which alone will give 15k extra xp per hour. I personally like Armoured Zombies for the fact that they give no risk at all, and you can piety the whole way through without losing a single gp. The only cost really is in pure sets a summon pot and a few bunyips. If you're pietying zombie monkeys, you've been paying for something not worth paying for, imo.

In reality, zombie monkeys aren't 'really' 110k xp per hour, without a summon you barely get 100k+ xp per hour. Your summon may not give you the same type of xp as you're training. I know, it's still extra xp, but what's the use of ranged xp if you are seeking out attack xp, and only attack xp (was an example btw)?

Zombie monkeys are pretty deadly, assuming you disconnect a lot, with 6 monkeys that max 14's on you, disconnecting, reconnecting and disconnecting may make you dead. Sure, you only lose some prossy, but going back and retrieving gear still takes a little time. And if you don't have a greegree, it would take a lot more time retrieving your gear.

About the 'relative afkness', Armoured Zombies beat Zombie Monkeys imo. At Armoured Zombies, I've been watching 4:30 minute vids (I keep track) on youtube and talking in cc and still getting the same xp per hour, is that not good? I know for the wise ones that you try and keep prayer as high as possible at Zombie Monkeys, so you'd have to click pots a lot more. Oh, and the blues, ranarrs, planks, everything else, they all add up, and gaining a profit of 150k per hour whilst gaining one of the best afkable xp per hour in the game is just.... win.

I doubt that you even get 80k xp per hour without piety, if you do piety then it'll cost you, and for no real benefit above Armoured Zombies. To summarise: Armoured Zombies are more afkable, less costly, with virtually no risk (only risk you'd have is disconnecting at the altar with a rev ranging or maging you, but what are the odds?) wearing a life, good drops, infact better xp than Zombie Monkeys and close to a teleport where you'd rarely encounter a rev, as opposed to giant brawlers blocking you from the ladder even with a greegree on -.-.

Generally I choose Armoured Zombies, the xp is great, the people you meet can be nice, you can also range there for awesome xp (60k-70k xp per hour, perhaps higher), and drops can add up nicely. Oh, and btw, don't say 'I can make 450k gp per hour, I don't care for a little money' because who wants to make money for hours AFTER training for hours straight?

I kind of rushed this post, so there may be a lot of grammatical errors.

I love the AZ's there lovely exp and all the drops soon add up.

Sure 100k doesn't sound like much, but if your camping for 400k exp its going to total atleast 500k in drops and lot of blue charms.

The effort is minimal and the location is ideal IMO.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

To keep it brief...It depends on a few factors.

1) Do you want to afk? Zombie Monkies are probably your best bet.

2) Can you mind clicking every few minutes?

---->2a) Do you feel like picking up drops?

---->2b) Do you need lots of blue charms? (They're dropped in equal quantities to red/gold/green)

If you answer yes to 1), don't bother with AZ's. If you answered yes to 2, 2a, and 2b, you might consider AZ's. Bear in mind though that if you're not praying at AZ's you're only going to max about 70k exp per hr.

hzvjpwS.gif