Good Slayer Setup?

skylor12344

Ok im planning on working slayer for a bit and t rying to reach my 99 str goal. So i was just wondering what would be a good setup for doing this and getting a good str bonus?i only have about 4m to spend on this so SS is out of the question right off the bat.

Have you completed the quest Smoking Kills yet? It'll allow you to start accumulating 'points' after your first 5 consecutive completed slayer tasks, which can go towards unlocking the Slayer Helm. The Slayer Helm boosts Att/str by 15% using a Black Mask, Spiny Helm, Nosepeg, Earmuffs, and a Face Mask.

If an SS is out of the question to buy outright, you could rent one, or just stick with the trusty Dragon Scim + Rune Defender combo. Works wonders. EXP will be slow while training via slayer anyway, so you probably wouldn't notice the extra 3k per hour difference.

A good, cheap setup would be:

•  
    [*:3bnd7oym]Slayer Helm (~590k) [before you unlock that, you could just use a Helm of Neitznot from the Freminik Isles quest]

[*:3bnd7oym]Amulet of Glory (~40k)

[*:3bnd7oym]Fighter Torso (free)

[*:3bnd7oym]Barrows Gloves (~100k)

[*:3bnd7oym]Torag's Legs (~290k)

[*:3bnd7oym]Dragon Boots (~273k)

[*:3bnd7oym]Fire cape or trimmed skill cape

[*:3bnd7oym]Warrior Ring (~100k)

You should still have a decent strength bonus after all that, with that list only costing you ~1.39mil. You'll have about 2.6mil left over. You could save it for supplies, or swap out a few items to help your str boost. You could consider an amulet of fury or the berserker ring. It's up to you. :thumbsup:

My suggestion isn't perfect, so others might have better setups.

hzvjpwS.gif

Black mask/slayer helm

Berserker necklace

Obby sword

Proselyte top

Verac's skirt

Rune defender

Barrows gloves

Dragon boots

God cloak/trimmed skill/fire cape

Warrior ring

The prayer bonus is for 10% strength.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

thanks for the posts.

@ lady_ninane

I dont have the fighter torso and im not too peppy about getting it back because im not a huge fan of Barb Assault.

I dont have the firecape nor do i have a single 99 but i do have my legends cape.

The fury's price is so unstable at the moment im kind of afraid to get one since im likley to lose money on it.

I have the barrows gloves and i have completed Smoking kills and i have the slayer helm.

everything else looks promising.

@llamster

i dont want to use prayer because of the rise in potions so if u could please leave a setup that isnt prayer dependent.

Black mask/slayer helm

Berserker necklace

Obby sword

Proselyte top

Verac's skirt

Rune defender

Barrows gloves

Dragon boots

God cloak/trimmed skill/fire cape

Warrior ring

The prayer bonus is for 10% strength.

This is what I would say, but if you don't to 10% str, you can do Dharok's top. keep everything else the same. A whip is far superior, by the way...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Use Cb braclet, it gives+6 str ( which is okay.) and it tells you how many more slayer monster you need to kill ( every 10 kills). which is pretty nice since you can have one extra space for drop/food/etc. ::'

The stat boosts arent worth it.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Why only add in strength?..

Jesus I hate that.

I suggest telling us what else you need? We answered your question completely. Lol..

because im only training str at the moment and i dont plan on training anything else...

Ok so you're training strength. Run in with bronze armour and a bronze scimitar because defence or attack bonus doesnt matter