Laptops?

Intriguing

If you put the adapter at the other end, IE you are connecting an HDMI port on the laptop to a monitor with a DVI port, connect the adapter to the monitor, and connect the HDMI cable between.
Ok, that was my original question, so he'd just have to buy an adapter.

I had limited brightness on battery, but then I adjusted the limit in the BIOS. I was able to get the screen much brighter than the CCFL counterparts in the house. At the moment, I have 3 laptops with CCFL backlights, and 1 with LED. The LED is MUCH brighter.
Ok then, let me rephrase. He's not going to notice much if any difference on the MacBook or MacBook Pro. At best, it's marginally brighter than my old CCFL, without tweaking and marginally darker.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

• 1 year later...

Don't get a macbook. If you don't mind waiting and want something more powerful, the new ASUS G53SW should be out soon, with Sandy Bridge mobile, which absolutely rips the first-gen i7 processors, and a 460m GPU, which is like a GTX 450 desktop, and will play any games at somewhat reduced settings.

@merch - Here's a pic for reference.

AGP_PCI_PCIE_PCIEx1_Bus.jpg

If you still cant tell, anything later than 08 should have pci-e 16x, and anything pre 06-07 should have AGP.

Don't get a macbook. If you don't mind waiting and want something more powerful, the new ASUS G53SW should be out soon, with Sandy Bridge mobile, which absolutely rips the first-gen i7 processors, and a 460m GPU, which is like a GTX 450 desktop, and will play any games at somewhat reduced settings.

If you still cant tell, anything later than 08 should have pci-e 16x, and anything pre 06-07 should have AGP.

hmmm, that's the first time I have ever seen a board with all three slots. Curious, where did you find this picture?

In response to the thread though, DVI and HDMI carry the same electrical video output by design - a 2 dollar physical adapter is all that is necessary to convert between the two.

hmmm, that's the first time I have ever seen a board with all three slots. Curious, where did you find this picture?

In response to the thread though, DVI and HDMI carry the same electrical video output by design - a 2 dollar physical adapter is all that is necessary to convert between the two.

I don't know where he took the picture, but I do know that a lot of motherboards had all of them when the transition was being made between AGP and PCI-e for video cards.

Bumping just to say hi is considered spam. Please use the PM function in stead.

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.