good monster for profit and exp?

skylor12344

i got bored of green drags and for some reason the setup i use at avians always makes me leave early because they hit me too hard.

Use the torag setup if you havn't been.

what all does that setup consist of?

The monsters from the Summer quest? I can't remember what they are called. They're in the spirit realm. They drop Holy Elixer's and other decent items. As well as alchables. Hope I helped!

<3:

-Zach

matchboxtwentyf.jpg

Ii_Bows_Ii.png

Jump_GP is a fail merch clan.

Well, there is no real monster that's extremely profitable + good training tbh, except for Aviansies maybe. If you want good money: Green Dragons/Snakes in Mos Le'harmless. If you want good xp: Armoured Zombies. Ankous is far too crowded to be either good xp or good cash, and also, rune prices dropped hard.

If obsidian monsters in tzhaar can be considered good xp, go ahead and kill them. They drop decent stuff when you get lucky.

Out of curiosity, at what def lvl are you able to stop prot praying and begin using piety? Also would a bunyip cover the damage dealt?
I've used piety and a bunyip at ~80 def without needing food. I never needed protection prayers. Whenever I've taken food with me, I've invariably ended up dropping it when the bunyip starts overhealing me. Bunyips are pwnage in single combat camping.

The monsters from the Summer quest? I can't remember what they are called. They're in the spirit realm. They drop Holy Elixer's and other decent items. As well as alchables. Hope I helped!

<3:

-Zach

Ghostly Warriors drop spirit shields, not holy elixirs. Most of the profit from them comes from the runes they drop, though, and the steel platebodies if you choose to alch them. They are indeed a good alternative to armoured zombies for lower levels. The drops are actually more profitable, but there's no altar and they have less hp, so the experience is significantly slower. I would not recommend ghostly warriors for anyone with enough stats to effectively fight armoured zombies; however, they're an excellent training spot for mid-lower levels. Better than yaks, at the very least. And since all their drops are alchable or stackable, they can be camped indefinitely with only an Enhanced Excalibur for healing, although anyone with the prayer level to obtain the EE is better off at AZ's.

I think he meant tormented wraiths drop holy elixirs.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

There is alot to consider than simply stating you want profit and experience. Would you be more inclined to make money and the expense of experience, or the converse? Would you prefer to try and get the best of both worlds with decent rates in each? Not only that, there is also how you value the experience you will obtain. By experience are you only referring to Attack/Strength/Defence? Or does that include the other combat skills (namely Range and Summoning as prayer isn't really an option, combat methods for training Magic aren't worth doing and Hitpoints comes from the training so that doesn't matter)? There is also the matter of how you prefer to train.

Really your best options in my opinion would be:

Green Dragons

These can make from 400-600k an hour depending on your kill rate and I am unsure on the experience but I think it is around 40k with deviation on either side. Charms are minimal but you will get a few.

Spiritual Mages

These are akin to Green Dragons but you can't kill them yet. In case you decide to train Slayer to get these I'll add the information. These can range from about 520-610k per hour (based on current prices at the moment and a 250 kill rate with drop rate from 1/115 to 1/135 although some people might say differently about the drop rate, either way it is just an approximation). Unfortunately this is more luck based compared to Green Dragons. You could have a dramatic increase or decrease (you will never loss money per hour as the runes will cover supplies and a bit extra, essentially any boots are profit). You gain about 75k experience per hour. So on average they are better than Green Dragons but more luck based and you might not like this option. Also no charms.

Armoured Zombies

I don't know the actual rate per hour for profit as I haven't done enough extensive testing. It is up to 103k experience per hour, but you will average lower. The profit from what I have done is about 140-150k an hour but others say it is higher or lower so don't take my word for this. You also get about 9k or so Summoning experience worth of charms per hour.

Slayer

Methods vary greatly so there is no real exact average I can give that you will necessarily get. Personally I get about 195k experience per hour (just under 31k of which is to Slayer) and the rest ranges over all combat skills except Magic and Prayer. I also get about 110k profit per hour. I use a cannon and I also use Superhuman strength on every task except 3 which I use Piety. You can alter methods to increase the profit rate per hour by sacrificing experience and conversely the experience rate can be increased (not by a whole lot but enough to make a difference) at the loss of some profit.

There are other methods that can be done, but these are among the best from the top off my head (with the best being Slayer in my opinion).

Note that those rates are based on my stats but they aren't alot higher than yours. So you can get slightly lower but similar.

ydrasil.png

I highly recommend slaying as this will give you a variety of different tasks which will give both good exp and nice profit. If not then I find waterfiends quite fun so you could go there and collect some crimson charms. Not great exp but you make decent profit. Also, you'd need to alter your setup.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

Can someone give me a fair to great setup for avians at my def lvl? also i want to try to get 85 defence and 80 range before i go back so maybe ill be a little bit more armored from their attacks and i can stay longer. Oh and also i would perfer the setup to cost between 1.5-2m at max please because i dont have alot of money unless i sell my guthans set which i really dont want to do.

Sara coif

Zammy legs or body

Torags/Bandos legs/body (depending on above and if you own bandos)

Arma Pendant

Snakeskin boots

Granite shield

Rune C'Bow

Archers ring

Barrows gloves

Ava's accumulator

Shouldn't cost over 1.5m even if you go for the expensive option

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

thx Joe.

New question:

how long would it take me to get 329 zeal at sw on a tie world? if i can get that ill be 80 range,and 70 prayer so i can get my EE for better training and a little def boost at avians.

thx Joe.

New question:

how long would it take me to get 329 zeal at sw on a tie world? if i can get that ill be 80 range,and 70 prayer so i can get my EE for better training and a little def boost at avians.

Well its 2 zeal every 20 mins to 6 an hour. And 329/6 = 54.83 so it should be 55 hours unless i did the math wrong.