What Calculator To Get?

runesmithie

My parents got me a TI-84 non silver one. It's pretty ok but haven't used it a lot yet.

Anyone recommend me games?

check the TI site (ti.com) or http://www.ticalc.org/pub/83plus/basic/games/.

ive got a ti84+ that i use for uni, during highschool i had a ti83. apparently ti84+ is 2.5 times faster than ti83 at processing, which is a bit of an advantage for games (running games that work on 84+ or higher...which is none that i can think of :? ).

when i was in highschool all silver editions were banned from exams, got no idea why though...

I want an exact name and link of a game. I know that site but all I got from there are [cabbage]ty games. I have bad luck when choosing stuff there. Got any recommended games?

I've been using a TI-83 for years now, still capable of doing everything it has to do. More people here use a 83+ though... oh well, I can still play Bubble Bobble on mine, so I'm not complaining :P

I use a TI 83+, it works perfectly for me, and runesmithie if u want to play games, buy a PSP or a Nintendo DS. Don't play games in class, it isn't cool or something, becouse if u pay attention u have only half as much work to do at home :o

I use a TI 83+, it works perfectly for me, and runesmithie if u want to play games, buy a PSP or a Nintendo DS. Don't play games in class, it isn't cool or something, becouse if u pay attention u have only half as much work to do at home :o

I've thought about that and I'm getting the TI89 so I can stuff its throat full of a game or two and science/math apps

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

I've thought about that and I'm getting the TI89 so I can stuff its throat full of a game or two and science/math apps

I've looked at a few reviews, and if anyone here owns a TI-89 add me on msn please =\

(look in profile)

smithie3.jpg

I personally use a ti 84+ silver and am very happy with it though i don't know anything about the 86. compared to an 83 though the 84 is nearly the same but is 2.5 times faster (or so I've heard) and has far more memory. (so the 84 is better but obviously more expensive)

Pm me if you need anything proof-read, I may not be very good, but I am always willing to help.

A Seal Clubber is me!

A Oxygenarin is me!

6*9=42

Dude, get a TI-89 Titanium, I have one and it kicks freaking arse. :shock:

You can put a lot of games on it, and plus it's been very useful in my Pre-Calculus and AP Statistics class. :D

It is a bit pricey, but I plan on keeping it through college, and my parents paid for it anyways lol. :lol:

I have been using some TIs as of late and I can now report the following. In addition to basic math, logs, etc:

ti-83 = Graphing

the casio = Logic (solves formulas, derivities, standered deviation, etc)

89 = Graphing and Logic

Technically speaking the 89 is the best but you cant use it on any standerized tests or some teacher's tests. Buying a the casio and a 83 is the best par se, it is cheaper and both are allowed on every test. Only problem is you will need 2 calculators if you want to graph and solve equations on the same test/assignment

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

I'm pretty sure the 89 can do everything the 83 can do with statistics. :wink:

I have an 89, and in my statistics class my teacher uses the 83 to teach, but I've been able to do everything on my 89 that she has done in front of the class with her 83. I hope that made sense :P

I have been using some TIs as of late and I can now report the following. In addition to basic math, logs, etc:

ti-83 = Graphing

the casio = Logic (solves formulas, derivities, standered deviation, etc)

89 = Graphing and Logic

Technically speaking the 89 is the best but you cant use it on any standerized tests or some teacher's tests. Buying a the casio and a 83 is the best par se, it is cheaper and both are allowed on every test. Only problem is you will need 2 calculators if you want to graph and solve equations on the same test/assignment

Someday if need be I might get a secondhand 83+

smithie3.jpg