Last one to post wins

ProtoGuy

okay so yeah i'm pretty sure it's just what goon posted, that's what i'm pretty much finding as an answer. my question, why is there such a difference between the graph of -2x^3/5 and -2x^4/5? they're different, yet similar...

@tyler no parentheses were in the problem. i dunno.

okay so yeah i'm pretty sure it's just what goon posted, that's what i'm pretty much finding as an answer. my question, why is there such a difference between the graph of -2x^3/5 and -2x^4/5? they're different, yet similar...

-2x^3/5 looks kinda like this:

-2 * ( 5√x)3

Wheras the other is:

-2 * ( 5√x)4

(That's a fifth root.)

You're raising it to a different power, and the graphs of different roots differ slightly. This is especially true with 3 and 4, since 3's odd and 4's even.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

-2 * ( 5√x)3

Wheras the other is:

-2 * ( 5√x)4

(That's a fifth root.)

You're raising it to a different power, and the graphs of different roots differ slightly. This is especially true with 3 and 4, since 3's odd and 4's even.

It's funny. In high school I could have figured this all out, but as soon as you get to college and finish all of your required math courses you forget everything. EVERYTHING. WHAT THE [bleep] IS A FIFTH FRUIT?

I'm going to milk Goon's teats

God damn I hope if I ever have kids I don't have girls.

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

-2 * ( 5√x)3

Wheras the other is:

-2 * ( 5√x)4

(That's a fifth root.)

It's funny. In high school I could have figured this all out, but as soon as you get to college and finish all of your required math courses you forget everything. EVERYTHING. WHAT THE [bleep] IS A FIFTH FRUIT?

WHY DID I LAUGH SO MUCH AT THAT IT'S NOT THAT FUNNY?

I'm going to bed.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off