Last one to post wins

ProtoGuy

wait, posting colorful/somewhat flashing gifs is against the rules now? the [bleep]?

They always have been :/ I'm sorry.

OpoQQ.jpg

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Please don't discuss moderator actions and/or repost rule-breaking material. >_<

thisiswhywecan'thavenicethings.png

Please don't censor inanely. <_<

I was part of the mod team, I know you guys aren't some sort of oppressive institution. But honestly, deleting a post asking about a friend being muted is incredibly ridiculous.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Please don't discuss moderator actions and/or repost rule-breaking material. >_<

I was part of the mod team, I know you guys aren't some sort of oppressive institution. But honestly, deleting a post asking about a friend being muted is incredibly ridiculous.

NEX DON'T! You have too much to lose! Let me piss them off!

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Whenever someone is banned they always get an e-mail explaining why and detailing how long it lasts. There's no need for other people to post on a banned user's behalf (against the rules) to ask when the ban expires.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

As an ex-mod you should also know that what happens between a moderator and a user is private. I'm sure you remember that. And even though you don't agree with it (and there might be a lot of individual moderators who don't like it either) we do it because 9/10 it's irrelevant to discussion and diverts the topic, like it is now. But I'm sure you remember that, too, since you were a moderator for so long.

I'm sure you guys are able to contact him via AIM or MSN or IRC if you need to, since he's your friend. I'm just doing what I have to do, and complaining to me isn't going to change policy. :/ Make a topic in Website Discussion, that might actually get more motion behind it if the userbase expresses a group desire for it. It'll be time better used instead of raging at me. :P

Anyway, I'm sorry for invading your 'turf' for lack of a better word. I hope I won't have to again as a moderator, because I enjoy reading the thread as a regular user. >_<'

hzvjpwS.gif

Whenever someone is banned they always get an e-mail explaining why and detailing how long it lasts. There's no need for other people to post on a banned user's behalf (against the rules) to ask when the ban expires.

Yes, but my post wasn't a post on his behalf.

My post was just asking why Goon was banned in the first place. It's something we have a right to know, as his friends.

EDIT: A right to ask, at least.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Unless of course he didn't get it because he picked all the options to not get e-mails from TIF.

2pzzjb9.jpg

My post was just asking why Goon was banned in the first place. It's something we have a right to know, as his friends.

Seany's post was asking on behalf of Goon.

And Kimberly answered your next question very well. As an ex-mod you should know that we never give out information relating to why a user was warned or banned. If that user wants to give out the information themselves, that's perfectly fine. But you have to ask the user - not us. Some people don't want the information made public and we respect that, so we leave it up to the user to decide whether or not to tell the world (or their friends).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Unless of course he didn't get it because he picked all the options to not get e-mails from TIF.

Users can use the Account Problem form and let us know how to contact them if their attached emails are not getting notes from Tip.it's Email Server :)

hzvjpwS.gif

Still, sad to see one of the big five get banned. That's the first time that's happened. I always figured it would be 321 before anyone else.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Seany's post was asking on behalf of Goon.

And Kimberly answered your next question very well. As an ex-mod you should know that we never give out information relating to why a user was warned or banned. If that user wants to give out the information themselves, that's perfectly fine. But you have to ask the user - not us. Some people don't want the information made public and we respect that, so we leave it up to the user to decide whether or not to tell the world (or their friends).

HUBGLUBLUGHYIDFDSYUGH Tripsis-HUBGLUBLUGHUBGLUBLUG stop-HUBGLUBLUGHUBGLUBLUGHUBGLUBLUG I'm drowning in the bullshit.

2pzzjb9.jpg

Those settings should only apply to mass mailing lists and notifications.. not e-mails individually sent to a user. But if he truly did not get the e-mail, under those circumstances it would be permissible for you to PM an admin and say "Goon did not get an e-mail with information about his ban. If you could try sending it again that would be great."

Posted Image

As an ex-mod you should also know that what happens between a moderator and a user is private. I'm sure you remember that. And even though you don't agree with it (and there might be a lot of individual moderators who don't like it either) we do it because 9/10 it's irrelevant to discussion and diverts the topic, like it is now. But I'm sure you remember that, too, since you were a moderator for so long.

I'm sure you guys are able to contact him via AIM or MSN or IRC if you need to, since he's your friend. I'm just doing what I have to do, and complaining to me isn't going to change policy. :/ Make a topic in Website Discussion, that might actually get more motion behind it if the userbase expresses a group desire for it. It'll be time better used instead of raging at me. :P

Anyway, I'm sorry for invading your 'turf' for lack of a better word. I hope I won't have to again as a moderator, because I enjoy reading the thread as a regular user. >_<'

The point of LOTPW is that there isn't a topic. As is, most of what is discussed here is on a personal level, hence when a person is taken out of the picture it is entirely relevant to discussion for us to know why.

I don't have any sort of messaging any more, nor do I have contact information for anyone here. And I should think my reaction is something less than rage... I think I'm being rather reasonable.

It's not an invasion, this thread isn't private. I'm sure no one here minds your presence alone.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The point of LOTPW is that there isn't a topic. As is, most of what is discussed here is on a personal level, hence when a person is taken out of the picture it is entirely relevant to discussion for us to know why.

I don't have any sort of messaging any more, nor do I have contact information for anyone here. And I should think my reaction is something less than rage... I think I'm being rather reasonable.

It's not an invasion, this thread isn't private. I'm sure no one here minds your presence alone.

LOTPW is not a special topic. It does not have special rules, except for more leniency with spam. Just because you guys are a close community does not mean other forum rules do not apply and it does not mean that you guys get special attention or special privileges.

HUBGLUBLUGHYIDFDSYUGH Tripsis-HUBGLUBLUGHUBGLUBLUG stop-HUBGLUBLUGHUBGLUBLUGHUBGLUBLUG I'm drowning in the bullshit.

Just because you dislike or don't agree with something or because you have a problem with authority and rules doesn't mean it's bullshit.

Posted Image

Just because you dislike or don't agree with something or because you have a problem with authority and rules doesn't mean it's bullshit.

The runarounds and the dead ends, and the "stop asking questions" reminiscent of totalitarian regimes makes it bullshit.

2pzzjb9.jpg

The runarounds and the dead ends, and the "stop asking questions" reminiscent of totalitarian regimes makes it bullshit.

...But all your questions were answered, save for those that it's Goon's right to explain :$

I don't ever expect users to love moderators but I tried to make every effort to answer what I could >_<'

hzvjpwS.gif