Last one to post wins

ProtoGuy

Why why why why don't I miss you a lot foreeeeeveeeeer?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

For the record, forum games does have its own rules:

2. Absolutely NO spamming. This board is created for users to have fun, not to spam. Posts are not counted on this board, so you can forget about posting for post count here. :P
  3. Respect others. Games which attack another player are not permitted. The use of famous or well-known players is not allowed.
  4. When it comes time, some threads may end up having their own specific stickies to be posted on. Do not create new ones once those threads have been stickified.
  5. Staff have the right to close any game thread at any time for any reason.
  6. Games, jokes, etc. that are disparaging toward any religion, race, nation, social status, gender, or sexual orientation are strictly forbidden.
  7. All users are still bound by the Forum Rules.

I'm not going to do anything right now because mods have been so lenient in the past, and I don't want to throw a curve ball. Spam past this post will have action taken against it.

So are you starting a new rule now? Because other users in the past have exploited lag on the forum to get pages of posts in a row within minutes, and they haven't so much as received a warning.

I'm also curious about how I get a warning for this but users can call me an "annoying [bleep]" and tell me to "shut the [bleep] up" without penalty (which clearly goes against the "respect others" rule).

So are you starting a new rule now? Because other users in the past have exploited lag on the forum to get pages of posts in a row within minutes, and they haven't so much as received a warning.

I'm also curious about how I get a warning for this but users can call me an "annoying [bleep]" and tell me to "shut the [bleep] up" without penalty (which clearly goes against the "respect others" rule).

Then report it.

And its an old rule. It's just been really lax in enforcement.

How does one posting multiple times in a row, where no conversation is being interrupted, prevent others from "enjoying" the thread?

I would invite you to look at the responses other people made. I saw a few of them, you've told me about more. I think they should answer your question. Also, I only generally come here when there is a report.

If you have a problem with my ruling, then you can pm me, and I'll elaborate on it for you. If you really disagree with me enforcing the rules, which were last updated Oct 11, 2009, then talk to an admin.

How does one posting multiple times in a row, where no conversation is being interrupted, prevent others from "enjoying" the thread?

I would invite you to look at the responses other people made. I saw a few of them, you've told me about more. I think they should answer your question.

This doesn't really give any logical explanation as to how posting multiple times in a row prevents others from enjoying the thread; you're just saying that people indeed claimed not to like it. Which is true. But how specifically am I preventing other users from enjoying the point of the thread? I'm not making it any more difficult to read posts, I'm not preventing anyone from doing anything, I'm not attacking anyone.

As part of all these games, people tend to respond to the last post. Your spam makes it much harder for people to do so, or to carry on a conversation. You are interrupting the normal operation of the thread. This is why the rule exists.

Exactly. No one else was posting except to insult you.

You position is essentially that they came here for the express reason to insult you, for shits and giggles, and that this happened to coincide with your spam is pure coincidence.

My position is that they were insulting you because you were preventing them from using the thread the way they normally do. I do watch this thread, even though I almost never post, and people not posting is pretty atypical here. I don't think its unreasonable to assume that you were in fact disrupting other people, which is why I am here now.

As I said, if you truly believe that I am being unreasonable, and you aren't just having fun getting me to explain my position, take it up with an admin.

As I said, if you truly believe that I am being unreasonable, and you aren't just having fun getting me to explain my position

:wall: I'm just questioning your ruling because I think it's wrong, I'm not keeping you here because I think it's fun, that's a bit strange to imply.

But okay guys, sorry to interrupt! Commence all your posting that I was stopping you from doing!