3 year anniversary

SlayerMalk

So, today marks the 3 year anniversary of the infamous falador massacre which occurred on 6/6/06 or *666* where many players lost their most valuable items within a matter of seconds to a merciless player by the name of Durial321 who was later permanently banned for using such a glitch. So... 3 years later thats how fast time goes by but what do you think of jagex different or the same from when you did three years ago and how do you think they have improved (if you feel they have at all) from when this occurred until now.

OTMSigXD.png

Also the 3 year anniversary of me breaking my collar bone the first time.

broke mine 2 years ago this time :| Gotta love School Rugby

Ah yeah i remember this! one of my friends died think he lost guthans helm, spear and obby cape. something like that

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

I think this is when i started playing runescape (Made my very first account Razgriz321 I think?)

I heard about it, but I did not pay to much attiton to it at the time.

Ah well (Goes back to hunting)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I don't know why this event gets talked about so much... it isn't anywhere near the same scale as the p hat dupe was. If anything was the 911 of runescape it was the p hat dupe. It forever changed the game... making the pink (now purple) p hat the least expensive and most common and making the blue p hat the most expensive and most rare.

pandapk2.jpg

Uhm I personally think its kind of lame to celebrate ( well not exactly in a positive sense ) a certain anniversary in a game. I agree with Lordjake that fally massacre is a bit over exagerated. However, if there is an event worthy of remembering then it would have to be the Phat Duping event back in RSC. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people from the old times would agree with me on that.

The Phat Duping had a MAJOR ( x10 ) effect on the economy back then. Nobody expected items worth millions to all of a sudden drop to 0 gp to 100k. Not only did it change the economy, but also exposed Jagex silly lies; "If you have a duped phat, drop it and do not keep it or you may experience harsh consequences". <-Yea right jagex, :lol:. Varrock was packed with people screaming: CRACK ME, CRACK ME, CRACK ME (reference to xmas cracker). Oh, I was one of them.. I was lucky enough to get a red phat too :thumbsup:

Good times.

God_Of_End.png

15th to 99 Firemaking - August 2002 RSC Time.

??th to 99 Woodcutting - 2004 RS2 Time.

I don't know why this event gets talked about so much... it isn't anywhere near the same scale as the p hat dupe was. If anything was the 911 of runescape it was the p hat dupe. It forever changed the game... making the pink (now purple) p hat the least expensive and most common and making the blue p hat the most expensive and most rare.

Oh snap, you beat me to it ::'. Exactly! Not many people know that the Pink Party Hat was once the most expensive/ most rare.

God_Of_End.png

Uhm I personally think its kind of lame to celebrate ( well not exactly in a positive sense ) a certain anniversary in a game. I agree with Lordjake that fally massacre is a bit over exagerated. However, if there is an event worthy of remembering then it would have to be the Phat Duping event back in RSC. I'm pretty sure that a lot of people from the old times would agree with me on that.

The Phat Duping had a MAJOR ( x10 ) effect on the economy back then. Nobody expected items worth millions to all of a sudden drop to 0 gp to 100k. Not only did it change the economy, but also exposed Jagex silly lies; "If you have a duped phat, drop it and do not keep it or you may experience harsh consequences". <-Yea right jagex, :lol:. Varrock was packed with people screaming: CRACK ME, CRACK ME, CRACK ME (reference to xmas cracker). Oh, I was one of them.. I was lucky enough to get a red phat too :thumbsup:

Good times.

grrr no fair! I was following them in varrock but never got cracked =(. It happened in the middle of varrock on world 1 or 2... i don't remember which it was, but it was a crrrrowded world. There were so many people in varrock i was lagging like a mofo. You could see so many people trying to unload their p hats. The pink had made it up to around 15 mill which at the time was a pretty hefty chunk of change, it took the p hat market quite awhile to recover from the dupe.

pandapk2.jpg

Good times.

grrr no fair! I was following them in varrock but never got cracked =(. It happened in the middle of varrock on world 1 or 2... i don't remember which it was, but it was a crrrrowded world. There were so many people in varrock i was lagging like a mofo. You could see so many people trying to unload their p hats. The pink had made it up to around 15 mill which at the time was a pretty hefty chunk of change, it took the p hat market quite awhile to recover from the dupe.

Found some pics!

nezinomas2.jpg

nezinomas.jpg

God_Of_End.png

Well, I wasnt playing then since I started playing again 6 months after this massacre happened. It looked quite awesome but dungerous at the same time since Durial could barrage you and kill you instantly.

Don't think it will happen again.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

[hide=Image]

Is this like the 9/11 of RS?

sadfsa7fo.png

This brings back memories and not that many people lost valuables, stop over exaggerating.

[/hide]Sorry but "Mad Mudkip". \'

Shame this was before I started playing. :( It was in W111, I'm sure if it was in W2 tons more would have been lost. I heard someone lost a green phat mind. Noone talks about the Fight Pits glitch, I bet people lost more through that glitch.

imagangster.png