A Tiger's multi-topic rant [age, gay, no life, evolving]

RawrTiger

Today, I noticed Jagex implemented the Rest feature in RS like they had mentioned earlier. I thought I would test it out running air runes and it was working pretty well and I always stopped at the yew tree by the south entrance to Fally to rest and talk to the WC'ers.

Well, there were these two guys there chopping just as I was fixing to log off after this last run and they were talking about the changes that RuneScape has made over the past years. I must say that I, for one, am happy with the changes in RS. Despite my level, I've been playing this game since I was a teenager, right after they released RS2 and I think that a lot of the changes are good ones. But these guys were just down right bashing all the updates and saying that the "meditating" (talking about the resting function they just added) was completely ridiculous and they could understand small changes, but not big ones. I never saw any big changes in RS other than the better quality and smoother gameplay. Normally, I would brush this off, but as a female, I'm nearing that week of the month where everything in the world pisses me off... So, I just had to say something (stupid me).

All I said was "whine" "complain" "sob" and one of the guys in God armor stands infront of me and says "overrated nub" and I was just like "Games evolve whether some of the players like it or not" and he just stood there hovering over me (I was resting on the ground) "U need a life reaaallllll bad I know where you can buy one 1/2 off... Walmart! u look real stupid sitting in the grass pooping ur pants man" which I simply replied "I'm female in rl" which brought a slue of gay bashing jokes about me wanting to be a guy in RL simply because my avatar on RS is male (I like my RS name because it's an old nickname that my best friend gave me and I've had the account for a very long time and it'd look kind of stupid to have a name "Daddy" with a female character).

This not only pissed me off because of the pure ignorance of what he was saying, but I'm also a gay female that has trans* friends. I just sat there quietly and let them continue to bash me even though I said hardly anything (let alone bad things) to either of them.

So, I gotta ask why some players (mostly male, I've noticed) have to just bash on anything and everyone that has an opinion that isn't their's?

[Completely unrelated rant]

I feel bad avoiding the question of "How old are you?" Why? Well, it seems like every time I say my age to someone in game, it's like "omg ur old y u play dis game? i bet i wont still play dis game when im ur age" I'm only 22 and I've been playing on and off since I was a teenager. Maybe some of you won't feel like you've wasted your time if you just up and quit when you get "old" but I can't just quit for good and be happy with that. I'll probably take many more breaks from RS when I'm bored with it, but I know that I will always come back to it eventually.

So, when you're "old" could you quit a game because you think you're "too old" to play even though there are no age restrictions after you're 13? Would it really be a matter of not wanting to be bashed on as opposed to not wanting to play anymore? This is of course if you have free time with nothing to do when you're "older" because apparently little kids think adults have no free time away from work, family, lovers and friends and if we do, we don't want to spend it playing video games.

Yeppers.png

Art in my avatar was drawn for me by the love of my life. <3

A. It sounds like you're FtP and a lot of crap goes on there.

and

B. You provoked it- you insulted them first. What, did you expect them to go, "Oh, we're ever so sorry sir! You are most assuredly correct and we shall adhere to your opinion right away, like the mindless drones we are!"

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

A. It sounds like you're FtP and a lot of crap goes on there.

and

B. You provoked it- you insulted them first. What, did you expect them to go, "Oh, we're ever so sorry sir! You are most assuredly correct and we shall adhere to your opinion right away, like the mindless drones we are!"

I was actually called a "nub" by his friends simply for resting beside where they were chopping, that's what caused them to start talking about the "meditating" being ridiculous.

And yeah, I'm f2p because I fear p2p; simply because I get bored with games so quickly that I'd feel like I wasted my money... not that it's a lot of money for membership, but still... I don't want to feel like I HAVE to play just because I paid for it. :/

Yeppers.png

Art in my avatar was drawn for me by the love of my life. <3

rawrtiger, i know exactly what you mean.

i'm 19 myself and i get called "old" by some (obviously young) players. it's bizarre to me! i'm at the start of my life, just like you, and it seems absurd at best for a 13 or 14 year old child to think i'm old! i work with kids around 5 years old, and i could understand it from them haha, but not runescape players.

and i also feel pretty offended at kids who call you "gey" (chat filter bypass) as an insult. i'm in a long term relationship with my partner (male) but he's pretty much my only boyfriend. all my other relationships have been with females lol. when someone thinks that being "gay" is a bad thing, to the point of using it as an insult, i think they're pretty pathetic people.

but you really can't expect anything better from young teenage males. we'll just have to wait for the kids to become disillusioned with runescape and leave a great game for us older and more mature players.

chin up? :)

What you're describing is childish behavior. How is this odd for a game that feeds mostly off of children?

If you want acceptance, find people mature enough to grasp the mind-blowing reality that there's life outside of their high school.

Take time today to 'Lol'.

You provoked them first.

Welcome to RS, there are lots of immature players and it's also because it's a computer game and they can hide behind the screen and be rude, in real life they wouldn't dare to be half as rude.

I must say that I, for one, am happy with the changes in RS. Despite my level, I've been playing this game since I was a teenager, right after they released RS2 and I think that a lot of the changes are good ones. But these guys were just down right bashing all the updates and saying that the "meditating" (talking about the resting function they just added) was completely ridiculous and they could understand small changes, but not big ones. I never saw any big changes in RS other than the better quality and smoother gameplay.

You have to be living under a rock if you think there weren't big changes to RS, trade restrictions, no pking were MAJOR changes to the game and this even affected F2P, RS today is NOT the same game I was playing two years ago at all.

The only way these changes could not have affected you is if you were a very new beginner player, I mean who doesn't notice the trade limits :shame:

This is where I think there is a huge divide between F2P and P2P. F2P is barely updated and people there are starved for any updates or any changes. So basically F2P is more welcoming to changes.

Members experience first hand changes and continuous tweaks to gameplay, and because of this we can also see that not all change is positive. If you are in F2P you will see a lot of unhappy ex-member's. F2P is a horrible limited version of the game, going from members to F2P is not fun, but because of gameplay changes a lot of people have quit from members. Those logging onto F2P are usually just logging on to chat, wcing etc. are secondary activities for them.

Also you claim to have played since beginning of RS2 and your account is horrible. I could train to those skill levels in less than ONE month playing less than THREE HOURS PER WEEK. Basically your account seems like you put in 12 hours of actual gameplay... and then you say, game play is great! Those people you bashed probably put in 1000's of hours of gamePLAY. Whose opinion would I listen to?Clearly you barely play the game, you might be one of those social players. If you are using RS just as a chat room than you would care less about gamePLAY changes. To get a feel for gamePLAY changes you actually have to PLAY the game.

I'm f2p because I fear p2p; simply because I get bored with games so quickly that I'd feel like I wasted my money... not that it's a lot of money for membership, but still... I don't want to feel like I HAVE to play just because I paid for it. :/

Lame excuse. It costs less than watching a two hour movie to pay for ONE month of membership. No one says you have to be members forever or play everyday or more than you do now. It's your choice to limit yourself.

I think if you had members and actually PLAYED the game. You would be complaining, instead of sitting there smugly saying "I like RS it's great." Who didn't think this til they were about combat lvl 75?

It's easy to love the GE in F2P because it actually WORKS there. In members it's more complex, and it's irritating to not be able to buy items. In F2P no new items are ever introduced, so you have no experience of the frustration in trying to buy OR SELL new items whose prices are not set by players but by Jagex and the GE. For F2P the Ge meant your resources sell instantly, of course this is wonderful. In P2P there are so many unique items, and I've had things that I try to sell for weeks that just NEVER EVER sell. There is tonnes of junk floating through P2P that has value they aren't just worth 1 or 2 gp that you can throw away but they just have no market. F2P has much less junk that doesn't sell. This is but one example of an update that affects F2P positively but isn't so great on P2P.

As for the agility rest update. For F2P you did get something, even if run energy also reduces twice as fast. But for P2P this update essentially nerfed the agility skill ; energy pots ; terrorbirds etc. As there is no need for these anymore. And agility does have some uses, but not as much as before this update. I think nerfing a very boring skill that some people trained to 99 is a huge problem, 99 agility players aren't even compensated by infinite run which would be fair I think.

Basically from your experience, RS is great and RS works well. However the F2P game is so simple. Your very limited experience as a F2P player can't be compared to members which is more complex and where updates sometimes aren't always positive.

The trick is to be friendly/calm, but insult them back without breaking the rules, you somehow earn their respect, if you're submissive, defensive and/or reveal personal details they will use it against you. It's generally how these small minds work, show them that you should be considered equal/superior.

Funny thing is, one of the times it happened to me, the last thing the aggressor said was "friend?", that gives you a good idea on just how mature these types are. :P Insulting someone in RS is equivilant to punching someone in the face (in terms of social effectiveness). Personally, I can take a multitude of hits to the face without going down, hehe.

You provoked them first.

Welcome to RS, there are lots of immature players and it's also because it's a computer game and they can hide behind the screen and be rude, in real life they wouldn't dare to be half as rude.

I must say that I, for one, am happy with the changes in RS. Despite my level, I've been playing this game since I was a teenager, right after they released RS2 and I think that a lot of the changes are good ones. But these guys were just down right bashing all the updates and saying that the "meditating" (talking about the resting function they just added) was completely ridiculous and they could understand small changes, but not big ones. I never saw any big changes in RS other than the better quality and smoother gameplay.

You have to be living under a rock if you think there weren't big changes to RS, trade restrictions, no pking were MAJOR changes to the game and this even affected F2P, RS today is NOT the same game I was playing two years ago at all.

The only way these changes could not have affected you is if you were a very new beginner player, I mean who doesn't notice the trade limits :shame:

This is where I think there is a huge divide between F2P and P2P. F2P is barely updated and people there are starved for any updates or any changes. So basically F2P is more welcoming to changes.

Members experience first hand changes and continuous tweaks to gameplay, and because of this we can also see that not all change is positive. If you are in F2P you will see a lot of unhappy ex-member's. F2P is a horrible limited version of the game, going from members to F2P is not fun, but because of gameplay changes a lot of people have quit from members. Those logging onto F2P are usually just logging on to chat, wcing etc. are secondary activities for them.

Also you claim to have played since beginning of RS2 and your account is horrible. I could train to those skill levels in less than ONE month playing less than THREE HOURS PER WEEK. Basically your account seems like you put in 12 hours of actual gameplay... and then you say, game play is great! Those people you bashed probably put in 1000's of hours of gamePLAY. Whose opinion would I listen to?Clearly you barely play the game, you might be one of those social players. If you are using RS just as a chat room than you would care less about gamePLAY changes. To get a feel for gamePLAY changes you actually have to PLAY the game.

I'm f2p because I fear p2p; simply because I get bored with games so quickly that I'd feel like I wasted my money... not that it's a lot of money for membership, but still... I don't want to feel like I HAVE to play just because I paid for it. :/

Lame excuse. It costs less than watching a two hour movie to pay for ONE month of membership. No one says you have to be members forever or play everyday or more than you do now. It's your choice to limit yourself.

I think if you had members and actually PLAYED the game. You would be complaining, instead of sitting there smugly saying "I like RS it's great." Who didn't think this til they were about combat lvl 75?

It's easy to love the GE in F2P because it actually WORKS there. In members it's more complex, and it's irritating to not be able to buy items. In F2P no new items are ever introduced, so you have no experience of the frustration in trying to buy OR SELL new items whose prices are not set by players but by Jagex and the GE. For F2P the Ge meant your resources sell instantly, of course this is wonderful. In P2P there are so many unique items, and I've had things that I try to sell for weeks that just NEVER EVER sell. There is tonnes of junk floating through P2P that has value they aren't just worth 1 or 2 gp that you can throw away but they just have no market. F2P has much less junk that doesn't sell. This is but one example of an update that affects F2P positively but isn't so great on P2P.

As for the agility rest update. For F2P you did get something, even if run energy also reduces twice as fast. But for P2P this update essentially nerfed the agility skill ; energy pots ; terrorbirds etc. As there is no need for these anymore. And agility does have some uses, but not as much as before this update. I think nerfing a very boring skill that some people trained to 99 is a huge problem, 99 agility players aren't even compensated by infinite run which would be fair I think.

Basically from your experience, RS is great and RS works well. However the F2P game is so simple. Your very limited experience as a F2P player can't be compared to members which is more complex and where updates sometimes aren't always positive.

First of all I must say, why does it matter whether she provoked them or not? I felt that they had no right to make abusive and hurtful comments to her regardless of what she might have done to provoke them into saying it. You have completely mistaken the point of her post and turned your reply into a rant in itself. Your post is rubbish it does nothing to address the real point of this thread which was the whole age issue (which is so rediculous by the way) and the way they attacked her based on her sexual preference (they should have kept their homophobic attitude to themselves). In short their behaviour was unacceptable, it is irrelevant what she thinks of the updates or the time she put into the game. Every single player has a right to not be abused in this game, Jagex has set up rules to make sure that such behaviour is not tolerated. Whether they spent 1000s of hours playing this game or not I would rather listen to her opinion than a bunch of homophobes.

EDIT: Just saw your thread in rants, and no wonder you seem to have taken the sides of these whiners, seeing as you are a whiner as well. I normally hate to flame but in this case if you are going to take the stance that you are taking, you deserve all the hate that you can get.

You have completely mistaken the point of her post and turned your reply into a rant in itself.
Your post is rubbish it does nothing to address the real point of this thread which was the whole age issue (which is so rediculous by the way) and the way they attacked her based on her sexual preference (they should have kept their homophobic attitude to themselves).

Actually I did address one of the topics of the thread, about the game evolving. It is a MULTI-TOPIC rant.

A Tiger's multi-topic rant [age, gay, no life, evolving]

Every single player has a right to not be abused in this game

^ Clearly I agree with this.

I felt that they had no right to make abusive and hurtful comments to her regardless of what she might have done to provoke them into saying it.

I remember when people would deliberately provoke people just to report them and get closer to a modship. So I don't agree with the provoking part. I do agree that they had no right to make abusive and hurtful comments to her.

no wonder you seem to have taken the sides of these whiners, seeing as you are a whiner as well.

Shrugs, whiner or ranter same thing

I saw no reason in your transcript of the conversation to reveal yourself as female.

If i was playing a female character and then told people I'm really a male I'd expect to receive some homophobic bashing.

Realy? Im a guy and was using a female character for a month in both P2P/F2P and didnt get any gender/homophobic bashing, and this is with a username "Matthew16200"

Popoto.~<3

I saw no reason in your transcript of the conversation to reveal yourself as female.

If i was playing a female character and then told people I'm really a male I'd expect to receive some homophobic bashing.

Realy? Im a guy and was using a female character for a month in both P2P/F2P and didnt get any gender/homophobic bashing, and this is with a username "Matthew16200"

Try walking around in f2p for half an hour saying "I'm really a dude lolol".

Zerker_jane.png

Try walking around in f2p for half an hour saying "I'm really a dude lolol".

Odds are most people wouldn't care, emphasis on most

Everyone would just think you are immature and would bag you because of it.