SSBB characters

godc0mpl3x

Alright, i used to be AMAZING at super smash brothers melee, but i stopped playing for a long time, and i went to an anime convention and played brawl for the first time about two years ago. i picked sheik, my long time fave, unaware that she had been nerfed to no end. i lost miserably, and picked lucario the next match, and destroyed everyone for the next half hour before people started complaining. they thought i was hustling, even though i was frantically attempting to adjust to the drastic change that was made to the game's physics from melee to brawl. i have played maybe two dozen times since then since i do not own a nintendo wii. either way, i just placed 2nd place at a brawl pre-tournament, gaining free admission to the tournament this sunday. i used lucario the entire way through, although i did get a chance to play around with marth, who i noticed had a shorter sword, more powerful attacks, and a much more complicated(albeit faster) rhythm to his forward B blade dance attack. These are only the more obvious changes to his character, and I believe he may be a candidate for me to practice with.

What characters would you brawl players suggest i try out? game n watch, olimar, pit and sonic have been suggested to me so far. what are your thoughts??

godc0mpl3x.png

...and i went to an anime convention and played brawl for the first time about two years ago.

Brawl isn't even 2 years old though, released March 2008 in NA, February 2008 in Japan...

Since you obviously don't intend on posting in the correct thread and i am a brainless moron, the answer to your question is Metaknight.

That is all.

Since you don't seem to realize that we are able to create threads for a reason, and you ARE a brainless moron, the logic for creating another thread is as follows: although this is related to another thread, it is quite separate considering that it is a very simple and closed-ended question.

That is all.

godc0mpl3x.png

You are... very ignorant. You flame me because I told you to post in the according thread? You flame Mano and call him a nitpicking [wagon] because he tells you Brawl hasn't been out nearly as long as you say?

There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to create another thread when the MOST ACTIVE thread in this whole board is the Brawl one. You're creating needless threads (=spam) when you could just post it there. All I did was link you to the correct link, did I ever call you a brainless moron or anything?

Please, grow up and THEN come back to TIF. Go back to RSOF or wherever you came from.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Ah, yes. i am the ignorant one. i am the one who is sarcastic and sardonic.

well, maybe i am being sarcastic. but just this once.

you asked for conflict when you replied to my OP with "For some reason, I highly doubt this."

There is only one person i know personally who is better than I am. Everyone is afraid to play me. The person who won the preliminary tournament has a very high mlg ranking in brawl. I don't remember precisely his rank, but its up there. And we enjoy playing eachother simply because no one else comes close.

and since you apparently get off from conflict, i am ending any form of negative discusion you and I will have here and now.

you win. you're right. i shouldnt be original and create my own threads. I should conform to your world and let everything orbit your ego.

godc0mpl3x.png

you asked for conflict when you replied to my OP with "For some reason, I highly doubt this."

Maybe if you have actually posted in the Brawl club, I could explain why, but I'll do it right here.

There is only one person i know personally who is better than I am. Everyone is afraid to play me. The person who won the preliminary tournament has a very high mlg ranking in brawl. I don't remember precisely his rank, but its up there. And we enjoy playing eachother simply because no one else comes close.

The simple fact that your friend is the person whose skills is closest to yours and his rank is high in MLG even though you never played Brawl much before proves one thing. You're lying, or your friend is lying. Do you have ANY idea how many people have posted saying they're 'great' but weren't in the Brawl club? So far, over 90%. This is the reason why I said that.

you win. you're right. i shouldnt be original and create my own threads. I should conform to your world and let everything orbit your ego.

So you're saying that (in a sarcastic way) it's 'original' to make your own threads when we already have one specifically built just for what you're doing now? 5978 posts. How many do you think have questions by beginners just like you? Are you telling me that even though we have a WoW, Brawl, Call of duty, Pokemon, Sims guitar hero... etc threads, we should just stop posting in them and just make new threads every time? That would flood the forum. We have rules against this for a reason.

Maybe if you'd stop being the egotistical and ignorant one you'd see there was a reason for everything I said.

inuyashakent-2.png

There's no need to try and sound smart, you're talking about a [bleep]ing nintendo video game here dude. Just go post in the correct thread and stop being an egotistical [wagon].

I suggest people stop feeding the troll after this post, so a mod can kill it.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

you're not even worth my time. but if you're ever in planing to be in florida, the daytona area, pm me and i'll make sure to talk to my aforementioned friend who works at the game store the tournaments are held at and get him to have one hosted at a time convenient for you. i don't believe in online play for a game such as brawl. Oh, and thanks to your incredibly distracting and infuriating textual excrements, i just died in RS by way of dragons and/or black demons. So you owe me a brawl match. i will hand you your own bottom half.

godc0mpl3x.png

You won at an anime convention. This proves nothing.

You won because you switched to Lucario? Lucario has prolonged attacks and disjointed hitboxes. If you were able to beat your friends, that means your opponents rolled and spotdodged way too much = they are newbs.

inuyashakent-2.png

Lucario is pwnage for rolling and shielding noobs.

This is true, I'm afraid there is a hidden rule here, it's called no pic no proof. In this case you have to play atleast one of us in WIFI OR show us a video of your skills.

Also this TIF were are a little nitpicky when it comes to threads, usually if you want to ask a question you go to that games appropriate thread.

To Answer your Question: Metaknight. He is one broken piece of [bleep]

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

You won because you switched to Lucario? Lucario has prolonged attacks and disjointed hitboxes. If you were able to beat your friends, that means your opponents rolled and spotdodged way too much = they are newbs.

I also placed second place at the prelim. tournament saturday. and plan on doing the same at the upcoming tourny.

lucario has decent ranged attacks, decent weight, decent damage, and simply require above average timing and execution. Although the majority of Lucario's attacks take a large amount of time to execute, there are a few attacks the are both fast enough and have enough range to use effectively IF you press your enemy hard and give them enough berth.

if lucario is between 35% and 85%, i am an unstoppable force. the only problem i ever face is if i am being juggled without a chance to recover with R as i hit the ground. which is why i am looking for a much faster character with a high rate of vertical movement. but not like falco, whose vertical movement is ridiculously out of proportion with his horizontal movement.

godc0mpl3x.png

If you are being juggled just use down b to slowly come back down, or you could just use down a. Every GOOD Lucario user knows that Down A is the most effective, and greatest move ever in Lucario's arsenal.

94qbe.jpg

You can't juggle a lucario...

tell that to capt. olimar.

and pit.

You can't juggle lucario...

DDD is the only character that can juggle him, if your Lucario and your being juggled by another character then your just a newbie on Lucario and don't know his strength. :lol:

Capt Olimar can be easly escaped with a down a and Pit ain't that great of a juggler or you suck :/

94qbe.jpg

You do know that his Dair has a hugely disjointed hitbox passed that of the character you mentioned above? Since you yourself said you don't play Wifi, I don't see why you can't mixing your dairs and your jumps wisely so you could safely get down. Lucario has very good options to not get juggled.

DDD is the only character that can juggle him,

He doesn't do it well...

inuyashakent-2.png

Lucario's down aerial can serve as a good killing move, catch jugglers by surprise, and even can aid recovery because it soaks up all momentum for Lucario. Another killing move, its down smash, uses aura and can serve as a good horizontal killer when Lucario has taken medium to high damage, as it covers both sides simultaneously. Lucario's up smash has a huge amount of range all around, and lucario's side smash has immense horizontal range.

Quoted from Smash Wiki

94qbe.jpg

since about the 5th match i ever played with lucario, the only matches ive lost were against the same guy. in fact, hes the only one who can juggle me at all anyways.

If that's the case, I'm assuming this is what happens.

You're in the air, and Olimar jumps up. He up airs you. He jumps up again, but this time, you're prepared. You air dodge/Dair, but to your surprise, he doesn't up air. Instead, he fast falls and does a short hopped uair when your dair/air dodge is over and repeats mixing up and punishes your air dodges and poorly used attacks.

Prediction comes from experience. Strangely enough, all of these tactics are the same in Melee, too. You should know all about this... :-k

inuyashakent-2.png