GME: Winner! - Lord Of The Rings 3 (ROTK)

Phil

Final Match  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Final Match

• LOTR 3 (ROTK)
    • The Godfather

LOTR is the most overrated movie IMO

so i voted for the godfather ^_^

ps I got sincity for my birthday XD

Lucky you ;)

And LOTR jumped up 15 posts from when I went to bed to when I got up (9hrs) hrm :-?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOTR is the most overrated movie IMO

so i voted for the godfather ^_^

ps I got sincity for my birthday XD

dont tell me your birthday was recent, that would be horrible! the full version of the movie comes out on dvd in just 4 days! youll see 20 something minutes of the movie that was cut so it could fit in its time slot. they call it the extended version, but its basically the full movie. and it comes with the first volume of sin city.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Godfather for sure. Its a true classic. I never got into LOTR anyway :(

a movie being called a classic i think is a general misconception..

You may see a movie once, love it and call it a classic. Your brain will always consider that movie a classic, even if you dont see it for years, when in fact, you may not even enjoy the movie or like it in any way now.....

I saw this happen with the Greatest Song Ever, Stairway to Heaven won, because it was a 'Classic', when I certainly think there were much better songs on there...

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

Well, after a lot of deliberation i went for the Godfather. I loved the LOTR series, i really did but the ROTK on it's own just can't be called the greatest film ever. It needs to be taken with the other three, but i still love it. The Godfather is probably the better film, but the greatest? I don't think so. Shawshank or The Green Mile would have been in the final if i had had my way.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

IMHO, LOTR shouldn't have even come this far, OneFlew is a hell of a lot better than any peter jackson movie imo, all his movies are just, meh-ish, i never did get into the LOTR series, *shrug* and he has a new one out, godzilla, why even remake it?

He remade King Kong, :wink: and it's getting fantastic reviews, it really is.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

IMHO, LOTR shouldn't have even come this far, OneFlew is a hell of a lot better than any peter jackson movie imo, all his movies are just, meh-ish, i never did get into the LOTR series, *shrug* and he has a new one out, godzilla, why even remake it?

As for why to remake it. The movie was orignally released in '33, there weren't many options for the graphic effects. Technology became a lot more advanced, so they remade the famous story to give it more glory. Of course they didn't have computer generated blabla (forgot the word >.>) that started in the late 80's, I think it was The Abyss by Carpenter who started it a bit. And now they can remake it to make it as beautiful as it is suposed to be. And you can trust Jackson to make something good out of it. It probably was the favourite story his parents used to read him when he was three or something. Atleast, that's what he'll probably say on the extras of the DVD. And of course the money. Atleast we'll be sure this movie will be on it's original location.

And it's King Kong, not Godzilla.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

As I post this ROTK is in lead with 35-33, and I think its funny how almost no one who voted for it has posted here yet... I almost suspect they are embarrased for voting for it.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have small purple pet elephants named Jack. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who like to do the fandango on Wednesday afternoons

Just to let everyone know, it's 35-35 tie! I despise LOTR so I hope they lose, so it's literally neck-a-neck!

Its Godfather 36 - LOTR 35 now. Damn I hope my vote keeps LOTR from winning - I really dont think it has the class to even be in a debate of the best movie ever in my opinion.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Its Godfather 36 - LOTR 35 now. Damn I hope my vote keeps LOTR from winning - I really dont think it has the class to even be in a debate of the best movie ever in my opinion.

Why is that? I'm not a fan of the Lord of the Rings series, but I do dare to admitt that they are good movies, and that people consider them to be one of the better movies made.

21o4pav.jpg

omg its dead even!

LOTR for sure, i love it, its the best movie of all time

(although the godfather was a SPECTACULAR movie)

i did not vote, simply for the fact that i have not seen the godfather yet.

LOTR didnt excite me to much, rotk kinda just dragged on and got very boring. I guess ill have to sit this 1 out. :(

omg its dead even!

LOTR for sure, i love it, its the best movie of all time

(although the godfather was a SPECTACULAR movie)

Why is it the best movie of all time? And what movies from the 10's, 20's, 30's ,40's, 50's and 60's have you seen so you can almost decide what the best movie ever made is?

21o4pav.jpg

Holy smeg, did you see Peter Jackson at the Kong premiere?! :shock:

He's lost all of his weight. He looks great! I may not have voted for his movie, but well done Mr. Jackson!

I saw that too :|

I was thinking "What they hell, that's not good ol Peter!" He sure shocked me :P

kinda off topic, but is anyone here a godfather? i am, to my nephew. all it means though is i have to buy him gifts for first communion and confirmation and stuff.

wow... :roll: :lol:

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png