Tip.It Times - Total amount of GP in RS?

Eeeeediot

so is anyone gonna update this or what?

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.

What's your point? That if murdering is legally wrong then that means it's not a case of immorality? If something has a negative effect on others, it has a negative effect on others, no matter how much you want to try to beat around the bush.

ok i got an estimate:

too much... *beat that* :o

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

WOW....... Very nice calculations :-D

I never knew there was more than a bil gp in rs.. Then again that must be why I have a D in math.. :-(

youre a genius... players can have at most 2 bil

you loose. :? this was written 4 years ago

Y_Z.png

I never knew there was more than a bil gp in rs.. Then again that must be why I have a D in math.. :-(

didnt have any idea in when he posted this, so therefore im justified!

3. founded on the fundamental principles of right conduct rather than on legalities, enactment, or custom: moral obligations.

What's your point? That if murdering is legally wrong then that means it's not a case of immorality? If something has a negative effect on others, it has a negative effect on others, no matter how much you want to try to beat around the bush.

My point is that legally wrong != morally wrong. If you're going to brand someone as immoral for an activity (RWT in this case), the burden of proof is on you, not me.

When every man is torn apart

With nightmares and with dreams

Will no one lay the laurel wreath

When silence drowns the screams?

sirstickykey.png

My point is that legally wrong != morally wrong. If you're going to brand someone as immoral for an activity (RWT in this case), the burden of proof is on you, not me.

I don't remember saying that it is morally wrong only because it is against the rules. You were the one to say that morality doesn't exist in video games. Interesting opinion. If it doesn't exist in video games, then surely it mustn't exist on forums either. If this is true, then why are you getting upset over someone calling someone else "scum"? It's not like it's immoral or anything.

If you truly do have this everything-is-free-game-if-it's-on-the-computer mentality, then it would be wisest to be consistent with it.

didnt have any idea in when he posted this, so therefore im justified!

the fact that there hasn't been a new times posted yet was a good clue, also the a's from the rollback should make you question a bit. no reason to be sarcastic towards another from 4 years ago if you are in the wrong.

Y_Z.png

I don't remember saying that it is morally wrong only because it is against the rules.

Care to give me some other reasons, then?

You were the one to say that morality doesn't exist in video games.

Come on, now. Must we really use strawmen? I never said this.

If this is true, then why are you getting upset over someone calling someone else "scum"?

Duke Freedom was a legendary merchant, and a contributor to both Runescape and tip.it. It's unfair to call him 'scum' for something like real-world trading.

sirstickykey.png

Care to give me some other reasons, then?

Because of the exterior detrimental effects it has attached to it.

Come on, now. Must we really use strawmen? I never said this.

"Breaking the rules of an online game != immorality."

Duke Freedom was a legendary merchant, and a contributor to both Runescape and tip.it. It's unfair to call him 'scum' for something like real-world trading.

Morality isn't something to bargain with. Hitler did good things for Germany's economy, but this doesn't excuse him for what else he's done. Besides, that type of remark is subjective and only boils down to opinion. An argument over that is like arguing whether Coke or Pepsi are better.

Because of the exterior detrimental effects it has attached to it.

Care to elaborate?

"Breaking the rules of an online game != immorality."

Ties in with...

My point is that legally wrong != morally wrong.

Nice try, though.

Morality isn't something to bargain with. Hitler did good things for Germany's economy, but this doesn't excuse him for what else he's done.

Godwin's Law proves true once more. /thread

sirstickykey.png

Care to elaborate?

Maybe you should be the one to elaborate on why you think Jagex makes rules for no apparent reason whatsoever. You can fling the burden of proof around all you want, but so can I.

Nice try, though.

And can you show me where anyone said that legality = morality?

Godwin's Law proves true once more. /thread

Instead of acknowledging the point being made, you hide behind logical fallacies. Sorry to tell you this but the point still stands. Just because someone has done good, that doesn't excuse them to do bad. You're evading the point with a red herring.

Maybe you should be the one to elaborate on why you think Jagex makes rules for no apparent reason whatsoever.

Again with the strawmen, eh? Tut tut. I'm sure Jagex has their reasons for the rules they have, and I probably can guess most of them. That doesn't have anything to do with my point, however.

Instead of acknowledging the point being made, you hide behind logical fallacies. Sorry to tell you this but the point still stands. Just because someone has done good, that doesn't excuse them to do bad. You're evading the point with a red herring.

I'm not entirely convinced what he did was "bad", in the moral sense. I thought that was what this whole thing was about, anyway? ;)

You can fling the burden of proof around all you want, but so can I.

If you're going to take this stance, I believe we've reached an impasse, and so I'll bow out of this thread.

sirstickykey.png

Why was this topic Dug up from its grave to begin with?

Tbh, if you do have over 1b GP on its own I hope your shot, hacked or something bad hapens...ye'r greedy bastards...

Popoto.~<3

those calculations he made at the time seemed amazing, right now they seem like an everyday thing you can do, to calculate the gp for today would be a major headache.

even now i can say dukes calculations were off back then, but i cant say i can do any better.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Tbh, if you do have over 1b GP on its own I hope your shot, hacked or something bad hapens...ye'r greedy bastards...

Errm, not to break your bubble(in which you obviously live in) but what should the rich players do then? Give their money away? oh wait, we can't do that. Put money into skills? oh wait, all my buyable skills are already maxed.

Hoping that people that are more successful in a game than others would get shot is simply the most idiotic thing i've ever heard. Being rich doesn't automatically mean you are greedy, and as far as i can tell, being a tip.it mod doesn't automatically mean you know anything about runescape.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Errm, not to break your bubble(in which you obviously live in) but what should the rich players do then? Give their money away? oh wait, we can't do that. Put money into skills? oh wait, all my buyable skills are already maxed.

Hoping that people that are more successful in a game than others would get shot is simply the most idiotic thing i've ever heard. Being rich doesn't automatically mean you are greedy, and as far as i can tell, being a tip.it mod doesn't automatically mean you know anything about runescape.

well, all i have to say is wow... just wow... =D>

Again with the strawmen, eh? Tut tut. I'm sure Jagex has their reasons for the rules they have, and I probably can guess most of them. That doesn't have anything to do with my point, however.

If you assume that there is nothing bad about RWT then you are also assuming that Jagex just made that rule for no reason. It's not a strawman, it's called the transitive property. Tell me, if you think Jagex has a reason, but it isn't because it has a negative effect, then what reason do you think they had?

I'm not entirely convinced what he did was "bad", in the moral sense. I thought that was what this whole thing was about, anyway? ;)

Then why bring up the good stuff he's done? It's not relevant whether RWT is bad or not.

If you're going to take this stance, I believe we've reached an impasse, and so I'll bow out of this thread.

I don't think you get the point. I'm saying that if we just make this into a battle of "you did a logical fallacy" "you did too" then we're getting nowhere and that takes away a lot from the discussion.

I guess I can start by saying RWT almost caused RS to potentially shut down. That can't necessarily be good, can it?

Now construction and Summoning are needed to be but into account. I can name at least 4 players with houses that they've spent 500M+ plus on. And I can garuntee most of that is buying magic crystals in Keldy.

Not to mention all the people with 99 summoning and 99 construction already.

Summer's End

While Guthix Sleeps

3 more days until deadline!

Depends if you meant item value or just gp as in coins...

If coins I'd have to say several trillion (items, quadrillion) a rough estimate of Gp (coins) I'd have to around the 8 trillion mark.

23 trillion... ::'