Summoning - In depth

omnidragon42

Summoning - an addition to the magic skill

Here is how I invision summoning: First, to begin using it, you must complete the "Rituals of Creation" quest, started by speaking with Zavistic Rarve at the magic guild, in one of these two locations:

zavistic7xz.png

This medium length quest would take about 1-2 hours and would reward you with 10k Magic exp, 100 Soul runes, and a Summoners staff. Additional Summoners Staffs may be purchased at the Magic Guild for 100k.

The skill would work by selecting "Use summon spells" on the staff page, which changes your magic menu to the summon menu.

summonersstaff8jz.png

Then switch to the magic menu, and click on the monster you wish to summon. Your character will perform the summoning animation:

cast7xs.png

And the monster will appear in a little explosion of blue flame.

From then you will be able to control the monster by right clicking and choosing Command "Monster Name"

command6ds.png

Then clicking on where you want the monster to go, or what you want it to attack. The monster will also automatically follow you when you move around. Summoned monsters stay in existance for 1 minute (for attack monsters). Pack monsters stay until they're dispelled or you logout.

A "Pack" Monster, is a summoned monster that you can "Load" with items, and it will follow you, carrying those items for you. If the monster is killed, dispelled, or you logout, those items will be dropped. The lower level pack monsters will only be able to hold 5 items or so, but the high level ones may carry as much as 20-25. Remember you can only have one pack monster summoned at a time.

The limits on summoned monsters is typically 1, for most attack monsters and pack monsters. However, there will be "Swarm" monsters, that you may summon multiple of. The lowest swarm would be something like, "Giant Bats(3)" Meaning you can have up to 3 Giant Bats at a time.

As far as experiance goes, summoning a monster gives you magic exp, but any damage the monster does, or any damage done to the monster, will not give xp of any sort. Dispelling a summoned monster will also give some exp.

Attack monsters will be divided in to 3 types, melee monsters, range monsters, and mage monsters.

Summonable monsters:

(magic level) - (monster name/lvl) - (runes) - (notes)

50 - Skeleton/25 - 1 Soul, Body, Death - Melee

NOTE: This is not finished yet. I will return later tonight to continue working on it.

1e716c2cd6b454171bd0d27821e0e3704.1.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty accurate guess. Very unlikely it would be carbon copy but, I feel, would be a very good basis.

Do you think summoning will get a skill of its own, or just extra magic spells? Myself, I think the latter.

Good post, this is. :)

Nice idea. I like it, must have taken you some time.

To bad i dont play so my opinion dont matter. Although would be nice. :wink:

monkey24cv.png

|PERM BANNED ON MONKEY 933|

RSN--44warriorz44-|90 str|86 attack|70 def|85 hp|52 pray|102 cmb

--[Proud leader of Final Destination! http://z6.invisionfree.com/RSFinaldestination/index.php?

Requirements for FD!

A "Pack" Monster, is a summoned monster that you can "Load" with items, and it will follow you, carrying those items for you. If the monster is killed, dispelled, or you logout, those items will be dropped. The lower level pack monsters will only be able to hold 5 items or so, but the high level ones may carry as much as 20-25. Remember you can only have one pack monster summoned at a time.

I can see the ppl killing other ppls pack mosnters for some free st00f already.

I can see the ppl killing other ppls pack mosnters for some free st00f already.

You cant attack another persons summoned monsters outside the wilderness. Also I'm thinking maybe pack monsters shouldn't be attackable at all?

1e716c2cd6b454171bd0d27821e0e3704.1.gif

I think when summoning comes out, you can't really control your monster. You just click what summon spell you want to cast, cast it on a target of your choice and your summoned monster appears to attack your target.

Kinda like how the necromancer south of ardy does it with his "summoned zombies." He cant make the zombies follow him around or do other stuff for him. He just makes zombies appear and attack whatever player he casts his summon spell on. When the player is gone, the zombies vanish one by one.

But thats just me. My theory is jagex is using that necromancer to work out the summoning system in game before its available to players.

i hate summoning almost as much as i hate poh

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

i hate summoning almost as much as i hate poh

Summoning isn't out yet?

I hope summoning is close to what you predicted, because if so, it will be very cool.. Hopefully they can't be used pvp(player verse player)

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe the exp that you get for unsummoning a monster is effected by it's hp, otherwise you'd unsummon it when it is on very low health just so you get free exp instead of it dieing.

put him in jail

Then i'll just wait for him to drop the e-soap

New type of summon monster - The Scout

It could be an imp, or a chicken. Something low level. Summon it, then you can take control of it to "scout" You'd been in danger, though, leaving your body unwatched. Be good for wildy, though they can't attack others, others CAN attack them. You can be attacked when controlling your monster, but your connection with the other will break and you'd return to your body. I think it'd be pretty cool 8)

It might be more like the animated axes.

or will be used to guard your home

or be used for training inside your home

or will be summoning items like reverse alch

or will be insta banking

or will be more npc vs npc

or will be any number of other ideas :roll: :roll:

Most likely a seperate skill

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Pack monsters, I love the idea but what happens when you lag or your connection gets lost? I mean when mining ess i wouldn't mind but when mining addy or chopping magic I really would. Also since chopping magic takes forever and a day, you might need to answer a call from nature before getting full pack monster + inventory of magics. I think pack monsters are a thought that cannot be realised.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)