Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F2P Roach Soldier Extermination Guide!V2-Huge Drop Log added

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Girthexx
[ Display Name History ]

Girthexx

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
Posted Image

Hello and welcome to my Cockroach Soldier Extermination guide. This is a Free to Play Guide as I am currently Free to Play, but the techniques can be carried across to Pay to Play, Just swap to the best possible armour and weapons available to you :) .

Roach Soldiers are probably the most rewarding and profitable thing to kill in the Free to Play game. Although I haven’t spent much time comparing, I have been assured that they are a lot more profit and help gain more XP then Lesser Demons and because of their relative closeness to Edgeville Bank and the Grand Exchange, they make life easier.

Info About Cockroach Soldiers

Before We Start

Route and Kill Spots

Killing

Q&A

I started killing Roaches when I needed cash because I was down to a set of rune and 200k cash. I've logged all of the trips I've made so you can see how profitable, and unprofitable at times, Roaches can be :) one run takes me around 20 minutes.

Drop Log

Girthexx
[ Display Name History ]

Girthexx

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
I think the guide looks okay, Just needs more content added.

Drop Log comming soon!

Girthexx
[ Display Name History ]

Girthexx

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
Nearly complete now I'd say.

Drop Log Added

New Title Added

Wording Changed

Larinro
[ Display Name History ]

Larinro

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Well Im Luke
Nice Guide Needs a lil bit more content tho i personaly used Cockraoches as a source of money when i was FTP and this is a decent guide but i would show several diferent inventory choices and also diferent gear choices for diferent types of players (pures,rangers) also you can range them quite efectivly jsut stand next to them while you do with full green d hide and rune full helm.

Girthexx
[ Display Name History ]

Girthexx

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts
Thanks for the feed back :) I'll get to work with my pure on the best Inventory set up and I'll ask some of the other players down here for more info.

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd
At 85 range with mith arrows in f2p, I always beat meleer's to the kill on these. Good guide never the less.

Also, change 'skimmy' to 'scimitar' and anything like it because it looks more professional.

Also, for your gear, change the amulet of strength to amulet of power. Hitting more often is better then hitting 1 damage higher.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Surprises
[ Display Name History ]

Surprises

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
You said to use green d'hide vambraces to boost the defence bonus, shouldn't these, therefore, be replaced by rune gauntlets which give a higher defensive bonus?

Good guide though :thumbup:

banjojam
[ Display Name History ]

banjojam

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • RSN:Banjo 3100
Good guide but in the killing section you put 45 prayer, instead of 43

mughinn
[ Display Name History ]

mughinn

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 169 posts
good guide, though i would add recomended lvls and different foods, i use cakes with a cornucopia, so 100gp lobsters

jakerules208
[ Display Name History ]

jakerules208

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:jakerules209
A couple tips on these...

#1 rune gauntlets from fog their charge doesn't go away so they are great f2p gloves

#2 a cornucopia(sp?) from the thanksgiving event can effectively turn a cake into a lobster so its cheaper and better than tunas. (and using the cake on it doesn't take a combat turn(so I'm told))

#3 I think power amulets +6 to attack style is better than the str amulets

#4 And this place can be a nice fun place for medium levels to lootshare on.
Posted Image

stats

cvillerep
[ Display Name History ]

cvillerep

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 26 posts
Great guide, but I have a few questions.

How do you enter the Roach chambers? I tried to enter the crevasse, but it wouldn't let me.
Also, what levels is this recommended for?

search123
[ Display Name History ]

search123

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 32 posts

Great guide, but I have a few questions.

How do you enter the Roach chambers? I tried to enter the crevasse, but it wouldn't let me.
Also, what levels is this recommended for?

You need to do the tutorial for player safety before you can go down the crevasse.

To do this, I think you need to enter a basement door just south of the crevasse.

5743 | Pure F2P | 99 Smithing | 99 Magic | 99 Runecrafting | #12 Maxed Pure F2P Total

-Andylee809's Great Orb Project Angle Theory-

Youmu
[ Display Name History ]

Youmu

Retired Website Crew

• Members
  • 4,622 posts
Unfortunately, I can't see the images due to imageshack being down. Can you upload in Tinypic or Photobucket or something else?

Anyways, you should also add at what recommended stats you should have to kill Cockroach Soldiers. Something like 70 Melee stats or something like that.

Fix the spacing on your guide btw.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Bonez899
[ Display Name History ]

Bonez899

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,416 posts
  • RSN:FuzzyBonez

Posted Image

Hello and welcome to my Cockroach Soldier Extermination guide. This is a Free to Play Guide as I am currently Free to Play, but the techniques can be carried across to Pay to Play, Just swap to the best possible armour and weapons available to you :) .

Roach Soldiers are probably the most rewarding and profitable thing to kill in the Free to Play game. Although I haven’t spent much time comparing, I have been assured that they are a lot more profit and help gain more XP then Lesser Demons and because of their relative closeness to Edgeville Bank and the Grand Exchange, they make life easier.

Info About Cockroach Soldiers

Before We Start

Route and Kill Spots

Killing

Q&A

I started killing Roaches when I needed cash because I was down to a set of rune and 200k cash. I've logged all of the trips I've made so you can see how profitable, and unprofitable at times, Roaches can be :) one run takes me around 20 minutes.

Drop Log

Hey i've killed a hundred or more of these suckers and your food is somewhat overrated and you need nowheres near that much armor. On my main bonez899 i can kill a good profit solo only using green d'hide as the armor and a rune scimitar while eating only salmon. Now my main only haves all combat stats just over 60 and i think you overrate.
Anyway the most of my comment is to say you dont need tuna or lobsters just use salmon and you can camp there if you want.

Fuzzybonez.png

http://forum.tip.it/...n-eventual-max/ My blog of progress on Runescape.

Lordjake
[ Display Name History ]

Lordjake

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,050 posts
  • RSN:Lordjake3
i've been training there for the past year or so, and for what its worth, at 115+ combat I've been getting 150k to 400k worth of drops each trip, using full rune, power ammy, and cakes.

if you're higher combat, try to find a world where you know you will out-damage other players, then encourage them to attack your roach.
you'll get faster kills and faster drops (even if you manage to lose a couple kills).
you wouldn't get as much exp, but i assume since youre training on roaches, youre not there for really fast exp anyway.
Posted Image

slickmovedud
[ Display Name History ]

slickmovedud

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:slickmovedud
good guide, but you might want to put tele runes in their as well, they can be useful if you're 1 hit away from dying. And you seem to be having really good luck with you drops, are you a pretty high level (combat 80+)? Wish i was that lucky. Overall good guide.

johnlocke
[ Display Name History ]

johnlocke

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • RSN:John L Ocke
  • RSN2:Girthex
Hey everyone, This is Girthexx, I have forgotten my pass and my email used for his account though so i won't be able to update this post. I will be creating a new one though by just copying and pasting this info. Hoping to have updated pictures, equipment and even more log pictures though :) Cheers
Posted Image

Add me, PM is always ON

Teryaki
[ Display Name History ]

Teryaki

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • RSN:Vybtaz
  • RSN2:I Wups Gf I
Uhmm nice guide to start off with..

Suggestions: 1.Maybe you should show what Different equipments you can bring.
2.You should include needed levels for fighting them(Ex. At least 55 Def is a MUST but 60 is highly recommended AND at least 60 Str is a MUST but 70 is highly recommended) So people know not to go at 40 def, 40 att, and 40 str.

Just work on those for now a 6/10
Posted Image

mweddle
[ Display Name History ]

mweddle

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • RSN:Mweddle
  • RSN2:Christmascrk
  • Clan:Why Should you know?
Pretty good. I recomend this for low level members too. With 71 atk 68 atr and 61 def I can manage on cheese potatoes(2hour trip) with full rune.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users