Please help me get Norton Internet Insecurity Uninstalled.

k00ldud95

I have recently posted several topics here regarding my computer blocking ports that were required to play runescape. Over the last few days, I have talked to several friends and customer service people who have said that the problem is probably being caused by an expired trial of Norton that is still on my computer. It was a 90 day trial, but no matter what, it always claims to have 78 days left. It has been like this for well over a year.

You have no control over which ports norton blocks and unblocks, as far as I know, so i have to get it off my comp.

When I went to the Norton site, and downloaded the removal tool however, norton claimed that the tool was expired. When i went to a reference page it told me to go to if a tool was expired and downloaded the tool there, that tool was expired too.

Is there any other way to get this abomination off my computer? Please tell me if you know any method.

cmd line

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Google rocks my friend

ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_u ... l_Tool[Caution: Executable File]

Its a free tool from norton and has worked every time I've need to remove norton from a PC.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Google rocks my friend

Its a free tool from norton and has worked every time I've need to remove norton from a PC.

my post says that the tool is expired. I have tried to use that tool four times. It is expired. Frankly, I am not interested in installing any more symantec products on my computer anyway. If anyone else is intending to post in this thread please also note that the Symantec solution to the problem of an expired tool also didn't work. Please do not recommend symantec tools, I have already tried them and I am looking for alternate methods of getting it off my computer.

do you know what the other poster meant by "cmd line"?

Google rocks my friend

my post says that the tool is expired. I have tried to use that tool four times. It is expired. Frankly, I am not interested in installing any more symantec products on my computer anyway. If anyone else is intending to post in this thread please also note that the Symantec solution to the problem of an expired tool also didn't work. Please do not recommend symantec tools, I have already tried them and I am looking for alternate methods of getting it off my computer.

do you know what the other poster meant by "cmd line"?

Strange I've never had it says its expired :ohnoes:

The trouble with the command line option is norton leaves traces everywhere.

I'd try clares tool if it doesn't work I have no idea.

Never had any trouble removing norton.

What version is it your trying to remove?

I would try the normal routes though. Unistall the live updater, then norton via CCleaner or Add/Remove programs. At which stage its normally just a case of checking for any services and removing any dead registry files.

Take a screenshot of the program list on add/remove programs. I'm guessing something else is going wrong.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

When in doubt, blame it all on windows.

So you're saying that when you're going to have a mac, when in doubt, blame it all on Mac OS X?

And when I have the time, I'm going to download the tool to see if it gives me expired too (although I don't know if it's going to load if I don't have norton installed).

So you're saying that when you're going to have a mac, when in doubt, blame it all on Mac OS X?

And when I have the time, I'm going to download the tool to see if it gives me expired too (although I don't know if it's going to load if I don't have norton installed).

i never had any issues like this with my mac. Tell me your results if you get done please.

Norton is hideous to uninstall, (in fact it's just hideous) but I'm very surprised the Norton Remover Tool doesn't work. If all else fails, then you might just have to back-up, reformat and reinstall your hard drive. Sorry. :(

~ W ~

sigzi.png

i never had any issues like this with my mac. Tell me your results if you get done please.

There can be issues with any computer, even Mac or a Linux Distro.

As for the tool, I might not have time to try it for a few days, but will come back with the results.

There can be issues with any computer, even Mac or a Linux Distro.

As for the tool, I might not have time to try it for a few days, but will come back with the results.

Macs can't have problems. It just doesn't work that way. They are totally perfect. It's a proven fact, sorry.

If you do get results please post them, but it is not as if I am going to hold you to this or complain if you don't.

Other than the occasional driver flaw, you'll get a better Runescape experience if you're running Windows. This is coming from someone who is typing this on a Mac. Are you just looking for an excuse to buy an new laptop?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Other than the occasional driver flaw, you'll get a better Runescape experience if you're running Windows. This is coming from someone who is typing this on a Mac. Are you just looking for an excuse to buy an new laptop?

I am not as rabid against windows as I make it out to be, I just prefer Macs. I find them to be simpler to use and much higher quality than any PC.

I don't normally get involved with the whole Mac vs PC debate but I feel I must.

Macs can't have problems. It just doesn't work that way. They are totally perfect. It's a proven fact, sorry.

I am not as rabid against windows as I make it out to be, I just prefer Macs. I find them to be simpler to use and much higher quality than any PC.

Before you post anymore be every careful how you phrase yourself.

Your trying to push your opinion and the medias opinion across as fact, then you say its your preference.

Macs aren't perfect for everyone its just a matter of opinion. The whole a Mac is better then a PC in everyway comes from poorly thought of ads, fan boys and elitists (if it costs more it must be better).

If your not careful all the helpful people will leave this topic and it will become a massive Mac vs PC flamefest.

Just take the 30 seconds to post a screenshot of your Add/Remove Programs list and try using CCleaner.

If you give up on Windows you may as well give up on computers as there will always be something which requires a bit of effort and thinking regardless of OS.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Macs have plenty of faults. The odd virus does crop up every now and then, and I have heard of a few hardware issues too. I've never been a big fan of Macs personally, I find it too simplistic, but I'm like stuff to be technical. Perhaps you should try again before going down the "I hate windows RAGE FLAME" path. What do you mean by out of date? Does it give an error message, and if so what does it say? Also Try CCleaner as Joe suggested, it's a wonder at removing old stuff like Norton from your computer.

If push comes to shove, I'd recommend backing up your personal data onto external hard drive (if you haven't already done so), and doing a clean reinstall of Windows. It's a last resort, but it works.

draciontheman.png

"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

You will get the message that the tool has expired if the date and time on the computer is incorrect.

Thanks. my computer is perpetually stuck on October 2, 2008. i'll try to fix that.

So, you're telling me that you always have 78 days left in the trial.... and your computer clock is stuck on the same day every day?

Wouldn't it be common sense to associate these to the same problem?

The problem isn't norton, its your computer.

And might I ask what specific OS you are using? (XP, Vista, etc?)

sig.jpg

You will get the message that the tool has expired if the date and time on the computer is incorrect.

Thanks. my computer is perpetually stuck on October 2, 2008. i'll try to fix that.

So, you're telling me that you always have 78 days left in the trial.... and your computer clock is stuck on the same day every day?

Wouldn't it be common sense to associate these to the same problem?

The problem isn't norton, its your computer.

And might I ask what specific OS you are using? (XP, Vista, etc?)

Vista.

I am not sure what the issue was, but I changed the time and i was unable to uninstall it. As soon as i got rid of norton , I ran a disk check and was able to run my computer in safe mode (it stopped working in safe mode months ago, but it worked for the first time when I got rid of Norrton)

I can run runescape now, but only in safe mode. There must be some resource hog on my computer. After a week of trying to fix RS though, I don't really care. Ill just go into safe mode when i want to play RS, I have already spent far too much time trying to figure out what the problem is.

Lesson Learned: NEVER USE NORTON. IT IS AN INEFFICIENT RESOURCE HOG.