Castlewars Problem

Gandorf61

I recently decided to play Castlewars because since playing it at a tip.it event I realized it is a very fun game. However I have a problem. The problem is when you or a teammate is running with the flag and die, the other team has to pick it up and bring it to their base. Now this doesn't seem so bad at first but when they do pick it up they don't return it to the base and instead run around for half the game with it.

Now this makes it really hard to actually catch the person so that the flag goes back to the starting position. So my question would be how do you deal with this? What are different possible ways for me to quickly take that person down so the game can continue?

I would prefer not to have to use Ancient Magicks like my friend recommended because I don't exactly have millions to spend on runes each game.

It's really been annoying me and I think I could have a lot more fun if I could just bring them down without having to chase them for 5-10 minutes. I've had around 4 games so far where my team has lost 6-2 because we can't catch the person running with their flag.

I'm not sure whether this will be of any help but whenever such things happen to me, 10+ guys (Myself included) will constantly chase the guy down and slowly apply small damages to him until he drops dead.

Of course, most of the time the flag runner is a high level with a superb defense bonus and they will most likely run to the pond area with the annyoing stepping stones.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Of course, most of the time the flag runner is a high level with a superb defense bonus and they will most likely run to the pond area with the annyoing stepping stones.

Yeah this is what often happens. Once or twice it was a lower leveled player but most of the time they will have really high combat.

And those stepping stones are almost as annoying as when they go up and down a ladder continuously. :?

I guess getting a huge group would work, but what if a whole bunch of people are all defending the guy together?

If you can't bother with ancient magicks, then do this:

Whip+RuneCrossbow+BroadBolts

Yes Bolts cost money but these are a BARGAIN when you compare the price and power efficiencies.

Every time you leave your castle, bring full meds and 2-3 barricades.

Whip normally during the game but switch to Crossbow to take down flagholders. Crossbow is super accurate and it gives you the option to shoot while you use the cooldown time to: Hop between stones at rivers/Adjust waypoints so you don't get trapped at a central bridge.

If they hop around the stones, use your cades to trap them in.

An ALTERNATIVE could simply be bringing Snaring runes but that costs money.

These tactics only work if they are the flag runner types. If they are hide within a crowd of defenders type, the only option you have is to rush with other attackers. Usually in that situation, you really can only rely on Ancient Magicks.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Hmm the broad bolts seem like a good idea that wouldn't cost much money. At 60gp each they are really cheap and they can do a lot of damage. I'll try that out the next time I play. ::'

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Castelwars bracelets make you stronger against flag wielders. You only have to wear it until the game starts, then you can switch if you want. (Btw, it also raises the hp you restore from bandages^^)

#-o I totally forgot they gave extra damage against flag bearers! I just thought it gave bandages a boost.

Thanks! Now I think using a combination of all these techniques I can kill them a lot easier. :D