Emoticon issue

I'm having a problem with the smilies. When I go to click the View more smilies option and I select an emoticon, it doesn't bring the text down to my post. I definitly click it, so it's not that I am just missing the emoticon. They have worked before, but now they have stopped. You guys have any idea why this is happening? Also, the ones that appear at the side automatically work fine. :mrgreen: But other's I have to type manually if I want to use them and most I don't know the codes for, like this one. <.<

Thanks for your help.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Until they start working, here, have a fun time :P

:twss: :anxious:  :notalk:  :-k  :-w  O:)  =;  :-X  :boohoo:  :-$  :-s  <.<  :XD:  :uhh:

That is in the order starting from :twss: and ending with :uhh: , going left to right and under.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Looking up your account preferences your using subsilver2. So I switched to the skin (prosilver is so much better :P) and it's working for me. I'll ask a techie. You may try to clear your cookies and try again...

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

It wasn't working for me the other day either, but is working fine now, and haven't changed betwen themes or anything.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It still isn't working right. I cleared the board cookies and tried prosilver and they didn't work. Prosilver had a nice feature that show's the code for the smiley in the little pop-up window as you click it. Is it possible to have that added to the subsilver theme? I wouldn't mind copy and pasting the code.

Or you could just become pro and memorize the emotions. Sound like an idea? :thumbup:

I could, but I'm lazy. :thumbdown:

Plus I don't use them enough to need to memorize them, it's just easier when I can just click it.

• 2 weeks later...

The issue is with JavaScript, which is used to add the emoticon text into the other window on the event of a click on the emoticon in question. First try clearing the cache, as I believe external JavaScript is often cached by the browser; If that doesn't work try another browser. (Firefox or Chrome recommended)

Also, if you are using Firefox with the NoScript addon, that could be the problem too. Allow all JavaScript from forum.tip.it in that case.

C2b6gs7.png