It�s a P2P World, but F2P get the benefits

PolarBearBlue

Remember back in 2005 when RuneScape was good old RuneScape one year fresh from its classic. That was the year I joined and the year I imagined that after getting the high level before convincing my mom to play for members. Now fast forward to December 2007 when they too out all the goodness of the wild in exchange for honest and fair playing. That was the time I finally decided to join the forums. Much to my surprise it was like Y2K and believe me I read post where experienced players were at a uproar, newcomer were very happy, and wannabe newbs were annoying everyone. Members were pissed because they lost something, free players happy because they finally got new content and they debated long into February. Now flash to the year 2009 where I finally get to my original target level 80 as a F2P and now instead of burning Jagex for taking the wild, the newcomers now experienced players are burning Jagex for the player vs. player content as members.

So far we have seen a wave of new ideas almost all targeted at PvP content for the game. And its getting on some peoples nerves. But while they are complaining enough PvP I have to wonder about the F2P. Jagex is trying to fix a problem that was a solution to a problem that was a solution to a problem. We took the wild so well give you minigames. Minigames arent the same thing and not as fun so we give you PvP worlds. Then somewhere along that path a problem come up so they add these different worlds that now have bugs they are trying to fix.

While players are saying that new content doesnt fix the problem of a now nonexistent wilderness could there be different reason as to why they are doing this?

Back before the changes I remember hearing a lot about hoe F2P doesnt get new quest. I also heard that F2P shouldnt get new quest and members told them to become P2P for the fact that no new quest is a incentive to becoming one. It makes since but now I have to wonder if Jagex is making all this not only to compensate for the lost back in 07, but to avoid that no new F2P topic.

Before you flame me hear me out. In he past two years everyone has seen new minigames, and for members, skills and quests. In fact the new summoning skill made me a little jealous and I almost asked to get a paypal account just to pay for this game. But somehow I feel F2P are okay with new members only content. Why is that? Here is what I think:

1. Minigames are a temporary fill for the void of no new F2P quests.

Of all the minigames in RS 3 are F2P. And guessed when they were introduced? Thats right, during or after December 2007. This minigames, like quest might have you earn certain levels to play and give you interesting a sometimes good items for mastery of playing them.

2. Skill capes

Now you might be wondering why I said skill capes. Well in F2P you really have no purpose of getting an 80 attack expect for sense of accomplishment considering by then you have done every quest. Now with the chance of earning skill capes and minigames you might as well max out to 99.

3. Prepaid cards

This honestly makes it easy to become a member with out putting a credit card down for $6 every month. You know how some kids and teens get allowance to spend on whatever but parents wont pay a subscription to something? Well there you go. Kids can go to 7 eleven to by a 30 or 90 day card. So you dont feel the need to become on because you will always have to option to. It takes always the exclusiveness to being one.

4. New content is PvP and effectively to some extent also for F2P

It seems like Jagex just isnt making new quest for members like they use to but new content for everyone. The agruement use to be that member always get new stuff and free players dont. Now with Jagex trying to make PvP as perfect as can be F2P dont really have to complain because whatever members gets they to some extent get. They really dont have a reason to be jealous.

So I was wondering. What do you guys thinks. Will Jagex soon forget P2P thanks to PvP over time (by forget I mean blow them off with stupid and boring quest to spend more time "perfecting" PvP)? Will F2P ever get new quest? Are there still F2Per complaining about that? Where is everyones focus in RuneScape now?

Edit: At first I realize I didn't make the first quest clear.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Will Jagex soon forget P2P thanks to PvP over time? No

Will F2P ever get new quest? F2P got two new quests, just temporarily f2p.

Are there still F2Per complaining about that? Just you.

Where is everyones focus in RuneScape now? We've all switched to FunOrb. Join us.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Where is everyones focus in RuneScape now? We've all switched to FunOrb. Join us.

Whats a FunOrb?

I wasn't really trying to complain. If I sounded like I did, I didn't mean too. I was just wonder consider that everything Jagex did after 2007 was to please everyone. I was wondering mostly what the F2Per thoughts on PvP was and if any still believed Jagex should consider new quest for them.

FunOrbs in Jagex free online gaming site almost like addictinggame.com, orcrazymonkeygames.com. All the game on Funorbs however, are their own creation I believe.

29386_s.gif

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

I wasn't really trying to complain. If I sounded like I did, I didn't mean too. I was just wonder consider that everything Jagex did after 2007 was to please everyone. I was wondering mostly what the F2Per thoughts on PvP was and if any still believed Jagex should consider new quest for them.

FunOrbs in Jagex free online gaming site almost like addictinggame.com, orcrazymonkeygames.com. All the game on Funorbs however, are their own creation I believe.

i was pleased by the december 10 update :?

Y_Z.png

I honestly hate the mindset that some p2pers have about F2P getting "nothing new". If it is a separate game in its own right from Runescape p2p, then they deserve there own updates. I don't get why members complain about f2p getting updates anyway. It benefits both sides because what f2p get, p2p get as well. It kind of pisses me off how all these people downgrade f2p so much.

f2p should get quests, updates, etc. because they deserve it just as much as we do. Granted they won't get these updates as often as members do, they still have the right to some new content. When Guild Wars 2 comes out, they are still going to focus on Guild Wars, even though it is an older game and might not be as good as the original. Its because they are catering for all players.

I'm glad Jagex have given f2p some new updates these past 2 years, and I hope they give them some more. You guys try and be f2p for more than 4 years :x

disturbeda.png

Will Jagex soon forget P2P thanks to PvP over time? Not at all.

Will F2P ever get new quest? It's possible because they are getting skill capes.

Are there still F2Per complaining about that? Not realy I see more members complaining about f2p getting updates then f2p whining for updates.

Where is everyones focus in RuneScape now? I think most people are skilling right now just because it's summer and is usually the best time to try and get a 99.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Whats a FunOrb?

You're a FunOrb!

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Whats a FunOrb?

You're a FunOrb!

Is that an insult?

i was pleased by the december 10 update :?

I actually don't mind the December 10 updates. It was probably at the time a good way to stop RWT.

I honestly hate the mindset that some p2pers have about F2P getting "nothing new". If it is a separate game in its own right from Runescape p2p, then they deserve there own updates. I don't get why members complain about f2p getting updates anyway. It benefits both sides because what f2p get, p2p get as well. It kind of pisses me off how all these people downgrade f2p so much.

f2p should get quests, updates, etc. because they deserve it just as much as we do. Granted they won't get these updates as often as members do, they still have the right to some new content. When Guild Wars 2 comes out, they are still going to focus on Guild Wars, even though it is an older game and might not be as good as the original. Its because they are catering for all players.

I'm glad Jagex have given f2p some new updates these past 2 years, and I hope they give them some more. You guys try and be f2p for more than 4 years :x

I agree with you some. I mean, just the idea of passing on old quest from members that don't require new skills could work. Or even opening a bit of a new land that is actually members would be good. But F2P RuneScape and P2P Runescape isn't a separate game. F2P is like a free trial, or rather the game. P2P is the extra content exclusive to paying player who want more of the game and can afford it.

f2p should get quests, updates, etc. because they deserve it just as much as we do.

Sense when did f2p pay $6 a month?

But Great_one has a point. F2P is in some point suppose to be an incentive to P2P. But like I said in the first post maybe for some odd reason they can't afford $6 a month. Maybe mom and dad is too cheap or life is too busy for them (who are older) to play so offen like member for $6 a month but they play once in a while. I'm sure those players would like to see a new quest, even if it takes a while.

Are there still F2Per complaining about that? Not realy I see more members complaining about f2p getting updates then f2p whining for updates.

I have seen or rather heard that too on the F2P worlds when P2P log on them. I wonder what is up with that?

29386_s.gif

We pay $6 a month for extra content, not to negate f2p from there own content. And they have said that f2p and p2p ARE separate games, p2p is simply an expansion of sorts, opening the world up and thus creating a separate game from f2p. You play on members servers, not f2p servers, after all ;)

disturbeda.png

I agree with you on everything. One month is one thing, the next month they're complaining about something else. Today I saw someone complaining to Jagex about how "pathetic" PvP was. Want to know why he said it? Too bad, I'm going to tell you. The reason he was complaining was because he kept getting killed by solo Pkers and teams. People like this annoy me. If you don't like it, then, honestly, shut the hell up and do what you enjoy.

I've been pure F2P for a long time and been higher than lvl 100 ever since 2003. I achieved 122 on Feb 2006. It angers and sickens me how nowadays, everyone is "omfg TOO RICH" to loose a rune set (even when the rules were "deathmatch"). Only to run off / teleporting saying "loser" or "nerd". I honestly don't care if F2P get quests or not. To be honest, quests are a complete utter drag. It's "hi, how are you? mi name is <>. ok. ok. go here talk to X, go back talk to X, give X this, run back and give him this... ect ect". No fun for me at least.

I wish all Pest Control exp and Soul War exp ever given were reverted as well as the minigames removed. We will see a lot less 120+ (f2p). I also despise Fist of Guthix and all of its rewards. You have to waste 8 minutes obtaining 35 tokens in order to recharge your Rune Gauntlet. What if you don't? In my case (125), chances are my next opponent is likely to be using Rune Gauntlets and I am going to be at a disadvantage :evil: . Yea, great way to get players to waste even more time doing some useless minigame.

I like how it's now. The drop rate in the prior PvP honestly sucked. With the "new" BH, it's close enough to the old Wilderness. Close enough but not the same. I hope it doesn't change.

:thumbup: +1.

Honestly. Jagex will never be such an idiot to forget about p2p over time. They are a successful company, and companies will never forget that their customers are the bosses. So honestly, this is a pointless question.

F2P will probably get a quest sooner or later, but I don't really care much about quests anyway. And there will always be the "Holiday quests". I think Jagex is counting on those to keep f2p entertained.

F2Pers complaining about more things coming their way? I really ROFL at that. It must really be a typo, or you're a bit mad. No offense though.

I don't care much about RuneScape now, FunOrb is just so much better. Discussing Runescape is an entirely different matter, though.

To be honest, quests are a complete utter drag. It's "hi, how are you? mi name is <>. ok. ok. go here talk to X, go back talk to X, give X this, run back and give him this... ect ect". No fun for me at least.

You haven't done any of the good ones then. :roll:

:thumbup: +1.

Honestly. Jagex will never be such an idiot to forget about p2p over time. They are a successful company, and companies will never forget that their customers are the bosses. So honestly, this is a pointless question.

Exactly. This is another one of your baseless speculation threads that crops up every week.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Will Jagex soon forget P2P thanks to PvP over time?

No way, P2P has been, and always will be the core focus of their updates, simply because by being a "member" you show Jagex you are really intrested in the game and it's content. This is not to say F2P are not intrested, but paying 5$ a month speaks louder than words in terms of commitment to a business.

F2P is like going up to the Ice Creme store and standing next to the window. Maybe playing with the spoons and forks. Your crowd might attract more passers by, but your still not paying for anything, or getting much out of it.

P2P is like ordering an ice creme cone. You show your real commitment to the business that you are willing to pay some of your hard earned money on their product. So this is why P2P customers are valued over F2P in most cases.

Will F2P ever get new quest?

Eventually. F2P get content, just at a much slower rate. F2P are getting a new skill in the upcomming months, and should be greateful for any updates at all. (P2P should also be greatful for the updates they recieve).

Are there still F2Per complaining about that?

Some, but they dont get very far, as they realize how easy it is to simply go to the store and pay a few bucks for tons of more content and amazing features. If you dont like what F2P has to offer, simply upgrade to members.

That being said, Do not make the assumption that because you have an account, or pay 5$ a month, that you own and run the company. So be greaful for anything you do recieve in the form of updates.

Where is everyones focus in RuneScape now?

Can't really answer this, as everyone has their own focus. Some raise skills, some like to play minigames, while some just like to stand around a bank and talk to friends.

dawnsigblue-3.png