Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

Where is Harrakis?

Is there a counter for hypersonic planes?

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Anywho, production in Germania on Basilisk Artillery, heavy troop transports, fighter-interceptors, and tanks continues. I'm going to say that the shipyard is continuing to produce its quota of naval ships for Germania, despite being part of Brazil. Because Tunis wubs me.

And Rocco, just because they've been trained at high altitudes doesn't make them any tougher in battles. At best, it'll mean they don't get tired quite as fast, but there's not really a fatigue system.

Then it would take 2.5 years to get to Earth, correct? Please keep track.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

Where is Harrakis?

Is there a counter for hypersonic planes?

There is not really an effective one aside from hypersonic fighters which only 3 people have in the game.

Incidentally I am producing roughly 20 hypersonic fighters a year and 5 bombers.

LNYvk.png

It all builds into the modifier system. Higher altitude, better respiratory system, faster run speed(if we believe some scientists) faster brain calculations.... faster recovery times.

The easiest way of defeating a Hypersonic plane would be, ironically, the oldest anti-air defense, the barrage ballon. It would be going too fast to avoid it and the strands, say of carbon nano-tubes, would be almost invisible to radar and such. The only real give away are the balloons themselves, but I suppose stealth paint, ECM and such would counteract detection.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

Dusty, we can assume that any production of military stuff will go back to you, atleast for now. I wouldn't know about any of it anyway, so I'll just say any military production, or important civilian production things will go back to germania.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I'll go with the old flak from the world war 2 days.

To Arch, how long till the results are up?

I'll go with the old flak from the world war 2 days.

To Arch, how long till the results are up?

Flak works as well. Quite a cheap defense system against such expensive equipment too.

I suppose Germania will dig up it's old flak cannons.

Dusty just has to fight his way though Luxembourg and they will be up

? I already control Luxembourg. You mean Kamino?

Oh, and the surrounded Terran troops have this blasting on the loudspeakers when the defense starts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XIW_jUa-k

And with upgraded technology, flak can fire higher and faster. :)

The only problem will be when billions of pieces of flak fall back down towards the Earth.

Oh Seph, how many humans live on the islands I control in Japan?

Well, who cares about the Civilians anyways. That's the good thing about not being of the same race as the people you've conquered; you don't have to take care of them.

If I wanted to use flak with my citizens, it wouldn't hurt them as they would be beneath the surface of the water.

Easy solution. Goalkeeper ARC cannons. Counter something that goes half speed of light with something that goes at the speed of light.

Production begins now, so there'll be a good few thousand of them in use in a few years, until then, guess you have to rely on flak and such.

2Xeo5.png

It's not like people are out having parades during an air attack y'know.

Depends on how suicidal the people are and if a sadistic bastard like me got some stealth hypersonic bombers...

LNYvk.png

Depends on how suicidal the people are and if a sadistic bastard like me got some stealth hypersonic bombers...

You can't really stealth something that's going that fast. And besides, bombing civilians is probably one of the stupidest strategic decisions ever, since all it does is get your enemies citizens more pissed off at you, and more willing to serve in the army to fight against you.

Also, my anti-air defenses can shoot down hypersonic planes, I forgot. They were built to shoot down Jerusalem's FX994652 (or whatever they were...Talons!), so they'll do the trick fine enough with Malaysia's flying tin cans.

You can't really stealth something that's going that fast. And besides, bombing civilians is probably one of the stupidest strategic decisions ever, since all it does is get your enemies citizens more pissed off at you, and more willing to serve in the army to fight against you.

I never claimed to be that intelligent also my stealth bombers can remained stealthed in subsonic speeds after they hit supersonic the coating wears away.

LNYvk.png

2 things.

I'm an alien, what do I care about humans getting shot full of flak.

I could shoot flak regularly, and send up lots of weather balloons for interception. :)

Imagine the results Arch would post:

"Doom's hypersonic jets swooped into position, unnoticed. Suddenly, weather balloons were upon them! One, two, three, four jets were incapacitated by weather balloon material stuck in their exhaust. The remaining jets flee the scene, eager to escape the bloodbath that the weather balloons were sure to bring"

Easy solution. Goalkeeper ARC cannons. Counter something that goes half speed of light with something that goes at the speed of light.

Production begins now, so there'll be a good few thousand of them in use in a few years, until then, guess you have to rely on flak and such.

Don't see how those will really help. They would actually be way less effective than flak.

First, they have to recognize there is a threat. With advanced radar it would still be impossible to detect these coming from a distance. Even with a speed of light attack would be almost impossible.Flak is decent just because it's denying areas where the planes can fly.

Oh, and also, grim, your stealth planes suck. Why? The planes take a friggin long time to speed up. Stealth planes can really only go so fast. So your stuck with an unstealthed plane flying away really slowly for the five or so minutes till they get up to a decent speed.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain