Hegemony-V2 begins page 302

fastortoise

:evil:

Someone has deleted a post I recently made.

Walka, I can easily disable your entire army, using electro electricity, which I plan on doing. Plus your missiles are easily destroyed using a magnet.

I have ordered a withdrawal. My troops have recently seemed to have disappeared, where to I shall not divulge. Casualties have been low, yet higher then I expected. Our biggest priority right now is those submarines.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF MAGNETS!

YaqqV.png

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wisp

• Nero

• Seraphi

• archimage_a

Walka, I can easily disable your entire army, using electro electricity, which I plan on doing. Plus your missiles are easily destroyed using a magnet.

I have ordered a withdrawal. My troops have recently seemed to have disappeared, where to I shall not divulge. Casualties have been low, yet higher then I expected. Our biggest priority right now is those submarines.

BEHOLD THE POWER OF MAGNETS!

YaqqV.png

But...but... That guy sacrificed himself so all those missiles would strike him, and the tanks and soldiers nearby.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Just a little suggestion, the whole conquest thing is likely to destroy the thread (game) if you just leave the entire globe in the hands of 2-3 superpowers. What keeps the game going are the ideas that people come up with and how they interact with others (nations).

it was bound to end up this way eventually, due to the fact that people can in all honesty attack who ever they want without any real consequences, so it was only a matter of time before people began to go all conquest on eachother.

and also, this thread has kind of...stagnated. very few people put much attention into it, and as such its down to a few people fighting with eachother, leading to those who no longer play being easily taken over/borders expanded.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

@ Sere: I'm not planning on wiping any players out of the game, and there is still the majority of a continent unclaimed, Asia, which has bee mostly unexploited. I'll even help anyone if they're in danger of being wiped out (I helped luxembourg evacuate).

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

using what now? you seem to be under the impression that you can make up random [cabbage] and claim it as technology out of nowhere and then use it. thats not how this works. and no, you CANT disable my entire army, and to think you can is foolish. and im sick of hearing about those [bleep] magnets already, i get the point, ok? and casualties would not have been low, due to the fact that you deployed them into germany, where there would have been a large number of troops anyway, which would have slaughtered them as soon as they left the drop pods, let alone be evac'd out of the area. in a time like this, it would have been foolish for dusty (t4r) to leave his cities unguarded, which indeed, didnt happen. there were still a large number of troops in his cities to prevent that sort of thing happening

your attack was doomed from the word go, and you as good as declared war on 2/3 of the super powers. you realise that, right?

Low doesn't always mean troops overall, it was something else that was destroyed in low amounts, I had a big troop casualty. EMPs are possible right now in case you were unaware (as in IRL right now.) Infact the 1st EMP bomb in use dropped on Hiroshima. That's right, the atomic bomb gives off an EMP pulse.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

using what now? you seem to be under the impression that you can make up random [cabbage] and claim it as technology out of nowhere and then use it. thats not how this works. and no, you CANT disable my entire army, and to think you can is foolish. and im sick of hearing about those [bleep] magnets already, i get the point, ok? and casualties would not have been low, due to the fact that you deployed them into germany, where there would have been a large number of troops anyway, which would have slaughtered them as soon as they left the drop pods, let alone be evac'd out of the area. in a time like this, it would have been foolish for dusty (t4r) to leave his cities unguarded, which indeed, didnt happen. there were still a large number of troops in his cities to prevent that sort of thing happening

your attack was doomed from the word go, and you as good as declared war on 2/3 of the super powers. you realise that, right?

Low doesn't always mean troops overall, it was something else that was destroyed in low amounts, I had a big troop casualty. EMPs are possible right now in case you were unaware (as in IRL right now.) Infact the 1st EMP bomb in use dropped on Hiroshima. That's right, the atomic bomb gives off an EMP pulse.

you didnt say EMP, you said "electro electricity", neither of which would be capable of disabling my entire army; you would need hundreds in the optimal places to have any real effect on my army
I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Just reminding everyone that someone claimed New Zealand not long ago (I think a few pages back). It's in play now unless that person doesn't post, ever.

SWAG

Okay, let me get this straight, because I'm confused as hell right now.

Somehow, your group of heavy planes carrying drop pods somehow managed to make it into the heart of Germany, unscathed, past all of my radar sites, AA, and SAM batteries, + not being spotted by any of the 80 million people in Germany, then dropped your troops with no casaulties, attacked my "HQ" with ~6000 troops versus my millions, then managed to withdrawl this troops with "low casaulties"?

Umm.

This is how the assault would go (realisticly):

Your planes take heavy losses coming in, around 60%.

The remaining planes managed to release their drop pods, then are easily dispatched by my fighter force. - 100% of aircraft destroyed.

Now, whatever troops managed to survive get out of their drops pods. They're all scattered from each other. As they make their way to their objective, tens of thousands of German troops attack them with air and artillery support. Your men are surrounded and slaughtered.

Seriously, does no one not agree with me in this? Doom, do you not think this is realistically what would happen?

I don't. There's bound to be a lot of exaggeration on this thread anyway. A lot of people aren't as familiar with the GDP and how realistic an outcome from a skirmish would turn out. To be honest, I would probably just let him be as long as he promises to stay true to the withdrawal. At least let him continue to play with his country still intact and just explain how everything works. Just cut him a little slack, you know.

Some people are trying to keep themselves in play, so they are a little jumpy. It would be best to lay off on apocalyptic/1984-esque wars until literally 2 or 3 people are left and all remaining nations are large enough to be able to fight and defend themselves (other than wars that literally last 3-15 minutes RL time). Then, it wouldn't really matter since the topic's basically in it's death throes anyway. When it's to that point, have a field day. If you conquer land, focus on countries that've gone inactive or are not in play. That'll leave people not too discouraged to play and allow them to have time to post their interesting "discoveries" or "achievements" or whatever.

SWAG

I don't. There's bound to be a lot of exaggeration on this thread anyway. A lot of people aren't as familiar with the GDP and how realistic an outcome from a skirmish would turn out. To be honest, I would probably just let him be as long as he promises to stay true to the withdrawal. At least let him continue to play with his country still intact and just explain how everything works. Just cut him a little slack, you know.

I know, but its just getting a bit ridiculous, with him thinking he can redirect missiles with a magnet and take out an entire army with a tazer gun, and fly half-way across the world into enemy territory without taking losses.

I think what he means about defeating missiles with a magnet is that plasma can be easily affected by magnets, and thus a magnet could probably help disperse the plasma.

And a good sized EMP air blast could probably disable almost all electronics over an entire continent. So that's not fully unreasonable.

How about this. We say that a decent amount of his planes were shot down upon attacking, the troops landed, did some damage and were able to hold out for some time, but eventually were overwhelmed. A small amount of them 5-10 % escaped, and are in hiding, and making their way to friendly territory.

Is this okay for all involved?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I think what he means about defeating missiles with a magnet is that plasma can be easily affected by magnets, and thus a magnet could probably help disperse the plasma.

And a good sized EMP air blast could probably disable almost all electronics over an entire continent. So that's not fully unreasonable.

How about this. We say that a decent amount of his planes were shot down upon attacking, the troops landed, did some damage and were able to hold out for some time, but eventually were overwhelmed. A small amount of them 5-10 % escaped, and are in hiding, and making their way to friendly territory.

I think that's fairly reasonable. It's better than saying that he was fully obliterated in the assault. It wasn't a major loss for him anyway.

SWAG

I think that's fairly reasonable. It's better than saying that he was fully obliterated in the assault. It wasn't a major loss for him anyway.

He would've been, but yes, that is acceptable to me.

Yeah I like it. Australian troops are now trying to make their way to friendly territory and have been ordered to only kill if there is no other way of getting into friendly territory.

Due to the Russian threat Australia is drafting citizens incase of an invasion. This is under affect immediately.

So it's Germany/Russia versus Europe and Australia?

Somalia is going to take over a few countries:

Ethiopia

Djibouti

Kenya

Yemen

Oman

United Arab Emirates

The Kingdom of Jerusalem feels threaten (that you want Yemen, Oman, and United Arab Emirates) as you will basically control the south of my Kingdom (land wise) on the former Saudi Arabia and asks that you go look elsewhere before you want war and we can fight over these countries?

All right, ill leave those alone.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Seeing as how those countries are now in fear of future attacks and liked how I backed them we are now in diplomatic talks for them to join my Kingdom. We both have advantages in them joining me.

I am now working some more Raptors and now help the energy grid in those new countries.

Looks like its good that my HAW project is finished so the HAW is armed with 8 legs each 150 feet tall

a chassis 100 ft tall there are blunderbuss like anti personnel cannons on the legs(2 of them) which can swivel moderately and propel trash in a cone of fire... on the chassis there are anti tank cannons for use against... well tanks and artillery the legs are raised by pneumatics which are heavily armored as to survive attacks. It is powered by twin miniature thermo nuclear reactors and has a small hydroponics lab inside the chassis... my walker corps consist of 34 TAW's and 10 HAW's of which 25 more are in production.

EDIT:Fixed spelling

LNYvk.png

you didnt say EMP, you said "electro electricity", neither of which would be capable of disabling my entire army; you would need hundreds in the optimal places to have any real effect on my army

And this is why my post here will hinder you almost completly.

I left ~2Mil people in France on purpose. Yes alot of these people are dead, but not without sparking a French Rebellion. The combined efforts of the French rebellion (don't underestimate them because their French, they're pretty violent) and the Luxembourg survivors have made a great discovery. The German infintry (and now most of Russia's forces) are heavily reliant on computer ships correct? Germany even said that any damge sustained to the chip would inevitably melt the brains of his soldiers. Now, this being said: The French rebellion has begun setting and exploding charges near every local electrical transformer (which there are atleast two on every sub-urban block, look outside). When a transformer explodes it releases a large burst of an electro-magnetic pulse, rendering all elecronics useless. The blast radius is only about 100ft, but this sill certainly cause colateral damage to all chip infused soldiers.

Take that Germany!

Electric research continues, as well as cloning technique research.

Also, I'd like to urge the Kingdom of Jerusalem to halt trade with the 4th Reich. Germans have been known to target the poor people of Isreal. Also, this would pretty much eliminate the fuel supply into Euro-Asia, causing the 4th Reich to stall. They've been guzzling fuel with all those bombers, certainly they aren't using Australia uranium anymore :)

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I left ~2Mil people in France on purpose. Yes alot of these people are dead, but not without sparking a French Rebellion. The combined efforts of the French rebellion (don't underestimate them because their French, they're pretty violent) and the Luxembourg survivors have made a great discovery. The German infintry (and now most of Russia's forces) are heavily reliant on computer ships correct? Germany even said that any damge sustained to the chip would inevitably melt the brains of his soldiers. Now, this being said: The French rebellion has begun setting and exploding charges near every local electrical transformer (which there are atleast two on every sub-urban block, look outside). When a transformer explodes it releases a large burst of an electro-magnetic pulse, rendering all elecronics useless. The blast radius is only about 100ft, but this sill certainly cause colateral damage to all chip infused soldiers.

Take that Germany!

The melting of the chips would happen if they were the soldier was captured and someone tried to reverse-engineer the chips, not if damage was taken to them. Though I suppose over-working of the chips could melt them, but I can't see a situation where that would happen.

I rounded up most of those people and have them prisoner, but okay, they've knocked out the electricity in the area. It won't affect the chips, though, as this is from page 68:

Dusty wouldnt those chips be vulnerable to emp's or viruses(brings new meaning to I'll hack you irl)

No, they all have mini-faraday cages built into them to discharge emp blasts.

Germany is working to restore power in the area, and an additional 300,000 troops have been deployed to France to combat the resistance.

Also, I'd like to urge the Kingdom of Jerusalem to halt trade with the 4th Reich. Germans have been known to target the poor people of Isreal. Also, this would pretty much eliminate the fuel supply into Euro-Asia, causing the 4th Reich to stall. They've been guzzling fuel with all those bombers, certainly they aren't using Australia uranium anymore :)

Russia is supplying me with most of my oil (most of my forces are unadorned infantry, so they use little oil as well), and my forces use little to no uranium since nuclear weapons have been removed.

Edit: Formatting & Grammar

Hypothetically speaking, wouldn't an EMP bomb at Germany's mainframe render its AI army useless?

Update: Additions currently being built for Bulgaria's Mars colony, along with facilities. Shuttles and carriers are also underway, and hopefully another 1,000 will be shipped out in a year or two, with supplies. Research is currently going towards an advancement in the medical industry, TBA.

The sour dough of the epitmous pie hungers for another's sweet lips to be dulled into a state of most irreverant humbleness

TUBULAR BELLS!

Hypothetically speaking, wouldn't an EMP bomb at Germany's mainframe render its AI army useless?

Update: Additions currently being built for Bulgaria's Mars colony, along with facilities. Shuttles and carriers are also underway, and hopefully another 1,000 will be shipped out in a year or two, with supplies. Research is currently going towards an advancement in the medical industry, TBA.

Faraday cages can stop EMP blasts.

2Xeo5.png

Also, I'd like to urge the Kingdom of Jerusalem to halt trade with the 4th Reich. Germans have been known to target the poor people of Israel. Also, this would pretty much eliminate the fuel supply into Euro-Asia, causing the 4th Reich to stall. They've been guzzling fuel with all those bombers, certainly they aren't using Australia uranium anymore :)

I've never sold fuel to them.

Take that Germany!

its not like every single one of my soldiers has en exosuit or brain chip; theres still enough that dont (and as such will be relatively unharmed by an EMP) to do a good amount of damage to/ take over a city. and an EMP will disrupt your own equipment aswell

Take that Germany!

yeah but malaysia supplies oil to (granted in not such large quantaties) so it would be very very profitable for me if the oil prices shot up :twisted:
LNYvk.png

Dusty wouldnt those chips be vulnerable to emp's or viruses(brings new meaning to I'll hack you irl)

No, they all have mini-faraday cages built into them to discharge emp blasts.

Germany is working to restore power in the area, and an additional 300,000 troops have been deployed to France to combat the resistance.

That small Faraday cage has to be able to store all the charge, yet be small enough to not affect a soldier. A largish EMP would still disable the chips, plus not all of them would have been built properly, due to the nature of mass production.