Black Metal

Adamthepanda

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really think Behemoth is black metal. Its just way to borderline. Personally you can't go wrong with Immortal and Mayhem. I don't really like Burzum because of their outside actions (Varg just had to kill Euronymous, didn't he <.< ) so I haven't listened to their music much. Another band that almost no one has heard of that is [bleep]ing amazing is Throne of Katarsis.

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

I don't really think Behemoth is black metal. Its just way to borderline. Personally you can't go wrong with Immortal and Mayhem. I don't really like Burzum because of their outside actions (Varg just had to kill Euronymous, didn't he <.< ) so I haven't listened to their music much. Another band that almost no one has heard of that is [bleep] amazing is Throne of Katarsis.

Varg Vikernes is a free man now. Read one interview of him, that Dagbladet (Norwegian newspaper) wrote, and he said himself he is done with the past.

At that time, it was some kind of war about who was the most extreme in black metal, between Burzum and Mayhem.

http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... ry_state0=

Have a translated version of it. Since I don't have any patience to explain it all.

Also, I'm not defending what Vikernes has done, but I'm just pointing out that he is a free man now.

I dont like black metal.

:lol:

And here I was thinking I was the only metal-listening Tiffer who didn't like black metal. *high five*

To be truthful Ive never really listened to any.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Please listen to my band, we are black metal in the vein of Dissection, Emperor, etc. I play keys.

http://Www.myspace.com/thevala

You guys are pretty good.

You had a thread before?

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

-Slayer

But seriously, if all death metal bands sound like Cannibal Corpse (freaking Cookie Monster), then I have to say that I hate black metal. I'm not a huge metal fan, but I might get the occasional urge to listen to some Slayer or Dream Theatre (although I don't like them that much).

I find it funny how saying "Slayer is good death metal" can start massive flame wars about how it's thrash metal instead of death or vice-versa. It's kind of ridiculous. Has anyone listened to part of their Undisputed Attitude album? It has a different style from what they normally have. "I Hate You" has more of a punk sound than their usual "Cult" style or "Raining Blood" style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WaRrh1CpQw

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

But seriously, if all death metal bands sound like Cannibal Corpse (freaking Cookie Monster), then I have to say that I hate black metal

Im confused.

10postchm2105.png

#1 Wongtong stalker.

But seriously, if all death metal bands sound like Cannibal Corpse (freaking Cookie Monster), then I have to say that I hate black metal

Im confused.

Death metal = black metal

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Im confused.

Not quite...

I'm still yet to really get into black metal, although I have checked out a couple of albums. I've been pretty lazy about it to be honest.

Im confused.

Not quite...

I'm still yet to really get into black metal, although I have checked out a couple of albums. I've been pretty lazy about it to be honest.

A lot of death metal bands don't sound like Cannibal Corpse, even though CC have amazing vocals and guitar work and is probably the best selling death metal band of all time.

Black metal usually has a satanic feel to it, involving shrieked vocals and highly distorted guitars. Their lyrical themes are often based on a hate of human kind and religion/Christians. Here's a good example of a black metal song:

[hide=Behemoth - Pure Evil & Hate][yt]3tCPEjnm3JI[/yt][/hide]

libertherme.png

anyone heard the the previews for the new Behemoth album?

People are saying it's their best to date, even better than Demigod and The Apostasy

18k7pu.jpg

The Iron never lies to you. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

People are saying it's their best to date, even better than Demigod and The Apostasy

I already got it. It is pretty good. It deviates from their recent material and beckons back to their mid-era material (Thelema.6, Zos Kia Cultis). That being said, it is a good mix of both old and new, however it is not as accessible as albums like Apostasy and Demigod...might take a few listens to fully appreciate. The drumming and production are both superb, as well.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I already got it. It is pretty good. It deviates from their recent material and beckons back to their mid-era material (Thelema.6, Zos Kia Cultis). That being said, it is a good mix of both old and new, however it is not as accessible as albums like Apostasy and Demigod...might take a few listens to fully appreciate. The drumming and production are both superb, as well.

Evangelion is a good album, it's a solid piece of recording from a very good band. However, I wouldn't class it as their 'best' to date. Although it's only an EP I personally think 'And the Forests Dream Eternally' is their best work.

libertherme.png

Im confused.

You're either trolling or just plain ignorant. I suggest you stop, listen to some black metal, and then come back and post.

If only there was an easy way to crack down on low-quality posts like this without looking like an elitist dork.

Im confused.

You're either trolling or just plain ignorant. I suggest you stop, listen to some black metal, and then come back and post.

If only there was an easy way to crack down on low-quality posts like this without looking like an elitist dork.

Its impossible, really.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....