Best cannonable tasks?

Nhs_Xc

I am going to try to go from 80-85 slayer before class starts back up. The problem is that I only have ~3.5m cash pile and I plan on getting atleast 79 summoning once I gather the charms.

So far I have only been cannoning dags and kalphites, and praying 10% on the rest. Are there any other tasks where the cannon Greatly speeds things up? On some of the other tasks I have tried, it dosen't seem like it increases speed very much, to be worth the cost. Thanks!

Hell Hounds, Black Demons? I think thats two okay tasks... I dont know if you've blocked them or not.

Neither, really. Never cannon in single-way combat.

Dagannoths, Mutated Bloodvelds, Goraks, and Suquas are the main ones, but Scabarites, Fire Giants and Kalphites are good if you just want a quick task.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Hell Hounds, Black Demons? I think thats two okay tasks... I dont know if you've blocked them or not.

Neither, really. Never cannon in single-way combat.

Dagannoths, Mutated Bloodvelds, Goraks, and Suquas are the main ones, but Scabarites, Fire Giants and Kalphites are good if you just want a quick task.

Black demons are great to cannon if you range from the safespots. I've got hellhounds blocked so i'm not sure about them.

As for best tasks to cannon i'd have to say mutated bloodvelds (30k slayer xp an hour - correct me if i'm wrong) and aberrant spectres (not sure on xp rates - very fast though).

Tasks that i cannon

• [*:32ehc36a] aberrant spectres

[*:32ehc36a] fire giants (brimhaven)

[*:32ehc36a] black demons (taverly w/ range)

[*:32ehc36a] kalphites

[*:32ehc36a] dagannoths

[*:32ehc36a] mutated bloodvelds

[*:32ehc36a] dust devils

[*:32ehc36a] goraks

Cannoning in single combat does help a lot, but only do it if you have the cash to spare. If you do - try and get the monster to stand at the corner of the cannon as this lets the cannon shoot 2-3 times in the one rotation.

Warning: once you cannon a task it's extremely hard to go back without a cannon the next time :P

sig1t.png

A cannonball in single combat is a cannonball in multi combat, if you are going to cannon you might aswell cannon whenever possible. Scarabites, spectres, fire giants, daggs, and kalphites come to mind.

Some tasks that you can cannon might be more advised to not do so.

Kalphites are a task you can cannon, but they are such terrible exp and a waste of time it would be better to just skip/block them all together.

Dags you can cannon and get the task over with in ~20 mins. If you have the cash might as well use it, if not then you can rotate and cannon one task and then go pray them in the CT for the next and just repeat.

Black Demons and Fire Giants are good to cannon if you're not that high of a combat and can't really take a beating. So ranging them in a safe spot and letting a cannon do must of the work is a good way to go about the task.

The others that been mentioned are great to cannon.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Isn't brimhaven single combat, and with the dogs, wouldn't it be hard to cannon there?

96856533.gif

If you set a cannon up where the red circle is you'll only be hitting one dog that wanders. Even in single combat the cannon will speed up your task 2x.

sig1t.png

The greater demons in brim can also be cannoned if you put it in the choke point center of all the demons. Make sure you bring a melee weapon to assist your cannon when the middle one spawns.

As for every other mob, it's been covered above.

I recommend just blocking hellhounds. They are overcrowded, their normal drops don't pay for cannonballs, and the slayer masters give way to many to kill.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

You can take it into metals, it's just that it would be kind of pointless as it's not multi combat and there aren't any hiding spots as far as I know.

signature.jpg

My guide: Ring of Wealth explained

8 Dragon Boots (885 kills, 1/111, with RoW)

angel2w.gif

You can take it into metals, it's just that it would be kind of pointless as it's not multi combat and there aren't any hiding spots as far as I know.

The metals are so lazy that if you stand 1 square away from them, they don't move and just use their long-range firebreath, which cannot hit on an antidragon shield and antifire potions.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3