Slayer Questions

randomkid81

1. Whats better for long term slaying: Torags or Bandos?

2. If I were to get Bandos, should I sell my dfs and buy or wait for Bandos to drop (I have around 30m in cash)

3. Which is better: rfd dragon gloves or bracelet of regeneration?

vanity_bias.png

2. If I were to get Bandos, should I sell my dfs and buy or wait for Bandos to drop (I have around 30m in cash)

Bandos/dfs are crashing hard atm, because it's the end of summer. Sell the dfs, wait out the bandos crash, and buy bandos. Try to get barrows gloves, dragon > regen though.

Sumondskull6.png

Torag's might save food because you get hit less. But the reparing of Torag's will cost a bit. Bandos is just all around more expensive.

So.. Torag>Bandos

To above post. Bandos and DFS uncrashed. Don't look at GE graph. Those lie. < I think this is just temporary.

Torag's might save food because you get hit less. But the reparing of Torag's will cost a bit. Bandos is just all around more expensive.

So.. Torag>Bandos

To above post. Bandos and DFS uncrashed. Don't look at GE graph. Those lie. < I think this is just temporary.

The barrows repair cost is next to nothing. Bandos is better for slayer. They haven't "uncrashed," they will level out/rise for a few days and then crash harder.

Sumondskull6.png

Yay crash harder. :lol: Wouldn't dfs be more useful than bandos?

If you use a DFS for slayer, you are an idiot.

Why am i a idiot?

Strength bonus + good defense? I don't use bandos but if you can afford it then it wouldn't hurt. If you do your black dragon's task you could very possibly get a visage drop.

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

Why am i a idiot?

Strength bonus + good defense? I don't use bandos but if you can afford it then it wouldn't hurt. If you do your black dragon's task you could very possibly get a visage drop.

Because your loosing a massive accuracy bonus from a rune defender, which is honestly the only thing you should use in the defense spot during slayer. NEVER use a DFS for melee against anything other than a dragon.

Sumondskull6.png

Why am i a idiot?

Because your loosing a massive accuracy bonus from a rune defender, which is honestly the only thing you should use in the defense spot during slayer. NEVER use a DFS for melee against anything other than a dragon.

If you use items such as a cannon you would not need that higher accuracy, such as dagganoths or kalphite(which poison tears you apart Grr >.>). If you do tasks such as skeletal wyverns then you will need that high defense until they are unagressive and you can range them over the entrance.

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Tipitsignature.gif

Personally I just use a fighter torso with dharok legs and a rune defender because I only have 24m total atm. If you can afford bandos then sell the dfs and get a rune defender with bandos. About the gloves, dragon gloves are better then a regen bracelet.

Compare item: regen bracelet/dragon gloves

Why am i a idiot?

If you use items such as a cannon you would not need that higher accuracy, such as dagganoths or kalphite(which poison tears you apart Grr >.>). If you do tasks such as skeletal wyverns then you will need that high defense until they are unagressive and you can range them over the entrance.

I always use a cannon on tasks. That has NO effect on weather or not rune defender is better than a DFS.

Sumondskull6.png

Why am i a idiot?

I always use a cannon on tasks. That has NO effect on weather or not rune defender is better than a DFS.

Yes it does, the amount of time you would be attacking would be reduced due to you spending more time on reloading the cannon therefore your need for attack bonus would be reduced and your need for defensive bonus would raise due to many monsters attacking you.

Tipitsignature.gif

The DFS has its uses for slayer.

I use it for tanking iron dragons for instance. And currently I am using it for a nech task because nechs hit quite hard.

Andyway if we are going to be that realistic, for most tasks you don't need torags either. D'skirt and rune platebody would be quite enough in combination with rune defender, d'boots, RFD gloves, fury, and slayer helmet.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

No trust me a cannon doesn't decide whether or not you should ditch the rune defender. If a lot of monsters are attacking you it's still more beneficial to be able to kill them faster anyways.

You use a mind shield for Wyverns I thought... actually I am 99% sure you do. Not a DFS..

---------------------

Anyways, as said before DFS' are for dragon slaying, boss hunting (situational TBH) and looking pretty.. other than that they are outdone by a rune defender in every way.

I say keep the DFS but use a rune defender. As far as bandos is concerned consider this...

[hide=Read here...]Dharok's Chestplate (312,000 gp) vs. Bandos Chestplate (16,300,000 gp)

Dharok's Platelegs (583,600 gp) vs. Bandos Tassets (15,000,000 gp)

To be honest all your paying for is a grand total of +2 range defence, +6 str bonus and +2 Prayer bonus... to be completely honest with you.. you are paying what 31.3m for that bit of bonus instead of 900k?

Yes yes blah blah Barrows degrades... but I honestly don't think some people can wrap their small brains around the fact that 15 hours IN COMBAT is an excruciatingly long time.. If you ask me, which you did by coming here.. GET DHAROKS[/hide]

In your case it would be Torags, but you get my point.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

No offense but you said Bandos is better than Barrows for slayer. :|

Dont get full barrows just body and legs - probably Dh like Ulti said.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Ok thanks for all the responses guys. I'm going to wait a few days for prices to stabilise and get bandos. Til then I will stick to my current torags, slayer helm, whip and defender setup.

Good choice. I'm using the exact same setup because I'm to poor for bandos ATM.

Off Topic: As for the cannon thing, most tasks that you cannon on you either don't need the extra defense from the DFS as you are either praying, or damage isn't that much of a problem. There is only one task i know of that goes for the later, and that are dag tasks. They aren't that strong, and in just Torags and a Rune Def I can keep at 80+ hp the entire task.

As for the others, you usually pray on them and the DFS just makes it seem clunky. The Def helps the task speed along as sometimes the C-balls can't/won't hit a monster so you just have to melee it. Also a God Book/Fally Shield 3 might be helpful as they improve prayer some, but the accuracy and str of the Def helps out more imho, and many others i slay with.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Use neither. DFS is bad for slayer, and bandos isnt very good compared to using a verac skirt with prossy top and using 10% str pray.

Money would probly be best spent on summon and prayer levels, as well as cannonballs, pots etc

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning