What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Ah well, you can't like everything! :wink:

Anyway, just saw The Life Aquatic without Steve Zissou but with my mother who hadn't seen it before. Don't think she liked it since I couldn't get anything else than "it's okay" out of her. Woman...*sigh*

Anyway, for later tonight:

Les Valseuses

and tomorrow morning:

Boccaccio '70

Which is a movie containing 4 shorts directed by Itallian "masters" of cinema and they are about life and sex, I'm looking forward to it.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Saw "Flight Plan" with Jodie Foster

i hate jodie foster. the movie looks pretty stupid even if she wasnt in it. but you never know, it could suprise you. but not me, because i hate jodie foster.

It really looks like a "been there, done that" movie which you'll probably consume in ten years when it finally got a "T.V. Premiere". The adds of it at IMDB were terrible, I think they removed them now.

21o4pav.jpg

We actually were awarded free tickets to see a movie for doing well on some tests, and we had a choice of going and seeing one of four movies of which none were stand outs, so i went to the one that i knew i wouldnt pay money to see

then i went and saw the good one the next day

A History of Violence

pretty good...psychological film where his background has a lot to play in the movie. 8 out of 10

hmm, I'm going to see a history of violance this tuesday, I'm looking forward to it. :)

21o4pav.jpg

I really enjoyed that film, although i find it got slightly hard to follow towards the end. I thought it was a great piece of acting from Jim Carrey though, nice to see him in a different role to his norm.

In the end everything revealed itself, too bad you couldn't follow it. :(

Anyway, we wanted to see it on wednesday, but we scrapped it for another movie.

I got it in the end :P I just got slightly lost about three quarters in. I hear A History Of Violence is really good, i like Viggo Mortenssen as an actor, it's a shame he hasn't been in more major films since Lord Of The Rings.

Speaking of which....i'm finishing rewatching The Fellowship of the Ring tonight, the special extended version. No matter how many times i watch those films (quite a few) they never seem to get old. Timeless. :)

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

just watched good bye lenin (5 for $20 dvds at hollywood video, i would never buy used but it was a really good deal). i thought it was great. i havent watched many movies that had subtitles the whole time (passion of the christ, run lola run, and final fantasy 7 advent children) but that doesnt really bother you too much. i thought the plot behind the story was pertty cool, and i think it was filmed well. the politics are anti-capitalist and me being a capitalist kinda differed there, but i dont let that bother me anymore (way to many good movies that i wouldnt like anymore). definently worth seeing, its a lot better than most movies.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I watched 3 movies today!

Batman Begins, The Warriors, and Doom!

All quite good movies. Top 100, all 3.

I honestly couldn't say which I liked best.

And I just spent 6 hours watching movies, that's all I feel like saying for now.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Doom!

:shock:

Doctor of Dental Surgery-2014

Medical Doctor-2018?

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon-2024?

Ohaỷ̮̫̉ (Good Morning) - Really good, no masterpiece, but you can't always have those ofcourse. 7.5/10

Hellboy - 2nd time, still entertained me. Does it's job. 6.5/10

American Beauty - Doesn't lose it's power. 8.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Watched Batman Begins last night. It must have been good because afterwards i had a sudden urge to wear a black cape, learn ju-jitsu and jump around on the roof, but instead i thought "sod it, it's raining, i'll save the world tomorrow"...*ahem* yes well anyway, back onto the film!

I must say i was very impressed with it all, the flashbacks all came at the appropriate time, it was suitably dark, and the plot was in fact believable. Chrtistian Bale gave a very good performance, and i must credit him for making his voice so much different when he became Batman. Good acting as well from Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Katie Tom-Cruise's-fiance-lucky-person Holmes. Special effects and stunts were great as well. A well deserved 9/10.

The Negotiator. 8798754 time? Hmm, I love this movie, it never bores me. Nice, fast paced, clever action-thriller with Spacey and Jackson. I'd even go as far to call it a modern-classic! A must see.

7.5/10

[edit]

I forgot to give credit to Paul Giamatti who is a class actor!

21o4pav.jpg

Doom!

:shock:

That's right. It was good, could have been slightly better if they followed the story, but it was by no means bad.

Also, I watched Se7en yesterday. It was like :shock: . That means good.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Also, I watched Se7en yesterday. It was like :shock: . That means good.

se7en was a good movie. me and my pals always make fun of pitt at the end though; the way he says "whats in the box" :lol: . its so funny how he says it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hmm, went to see the "pre" premiere of "A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE", based on the graphic novel of Vincent Locke and John Wagner, directed by Canadian director David Gronenberg which we all know from horror classics and satires. And I went out of the cinema a bit confused, not that I didn't know how the story went, but I was confused a bit because I didn't really know what to think, I felt tricked. It managed to drop off those standard film laws, or as you may call them: cliches, which is a good thing. And on the other hand, I thought it did a goob job in projecting the difference between simplicity and lazyness. And that is not a good thing.

The movie is seperated in two parts, which are storywise just as long and storywise not as long at the time same time. This is visualized quite clever. The first part is really great, and that is were this distinguishes itself from other movies, it's perfect timing to litteraly switch to the second part which is where the negative part starts; it is too hasty and too simple.

I loved how things are taking into excess in movies, in a serious way. Especially violence and to some extend sex aswell, because especially violence is honest and when it is seriously taken to excess, it moves me, it hurts me, I can feel a character and for me it is the most beautiful way to express a character in a movie. The best way to make a character come alive for me is anger, hate, violence, because it isn't faked that often as love. But, in this movie love is also brought in a violent way, and that makes the perfect combination, it is not rape, it is a passionate, violent and honest love scene.

All in all it's a good movie, but has one important flaw, and that takes it down. If the second part would've been worked out better it would've gotten a 8.5 out of 10, but now I am giving it a 7.8/10.

21o4pav.jpg

Watched Crouching Tiger again last night, man I love that film!

You've seen House of Flying Daggers and Hero aswell? Those two are very good too!

ARGH!!! I forgot to record Crouching Tiger on Sunday! I'd already seen it but wanted to watch it again after watching House of Flying Daggers and Hero to see how it compares, i can't remember much of it.

well i already wrote out three reviews that were long and probably boring to you all anyways, but good old firefox just closed for absolutly no reason at all. just gave me a read error and closed. didnt even give me time to click "ok" on the error message. bah anyways, heres the cliffs:

watched "seven days in may" on tuesday, recommended if you liked "failsafe". i havent seen failsafe but i liked the book, so i figure id try seven days in may. not good. ends abruptly, didnt even know it was over until the end came on the screen. not recommended.

immediatly followed by "logan's run". great movie. just awesome. and great. thats basically what i said in about 20 more sentences, but no one really reads all that.

(i was looking for what episode of southpark spoofed this movie, because it was a funny episode too. thats when firefox crashed. i think it was 419 though because i liked the episode so much and i had looked up it a while ago before i knew about logans run)

today i watched "oldboy" foriegn flick, definently got to change the settings from being dubbed in english to original korean and english subtitles. much better that way. great plot twist, great movie. good camera work. great movie. watch it now :evil:

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Just watched Monty Pythons Holy Grail and Life of Brian. Seen both of them about 5 or 6 times but always funny. I've got Annie Hall, Duck Soup, The Graduate, and Blazing Saddles for the weekend. This should be one funny weekend (hopefully).

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.